Maxthon 4.4.2.600 displays 120% size when zoom factor 100%

I check the option, page zoom is default 100%. Before upgrading to 4.4.2.600, displayed page size is ok. After upgrading, I didn't install any new extension, and the size goes wrong. I am using portable version. I'll try to restore to previous version and do upgrading again to see if there's any improvement.

Thanks for the helping info. anyway.

My test report:

1. Remove all folder except UserData in Maxthon folder

2. Unzip v4.4.1.1000 portable version into Maxthon folder.

2. Test page display size ok.

3. Do step 1 again.

4. Unzip v4.4.2.600-beta into Maxthon folder.

5. Test page display size NOT ok.

6. Disable all extensions and test again.

7. Still page display size NOT ok.

I think maybe there's some conflict problem of 4.4.2.600 with Windows in-chip display driver (i.e. Intel HD Graphics), maybe.

Hope this problem resolved in the release version.

Lastly, thanks for all the helps. BTW, the bug, on the other hand, help me view some images more clear since it default to enlarge them, I'll live with it for a while, I think;P !

I think maybe there's some conflict problem of 4.4.2.600 with Windows in-chip display driver (i.e. Intel HD Graphics), maybe.

I think something is just going on with your config data. I've done the same upgrade and don't have an issue, nor have I for a long, long time. I highly doubt it has anything to do with the GFX drivers.

Extract 4.4.2.600 without adding your Userdata and see if the issue occurs. If it does then it's in the source, if not, then there is an issue with your config data and 4.4.2.600.

I empty Maxthon folder and unzip 4.4.2.600 portable into the Maxthon folder. Something strange happens, as follows:

1. The size is still not OK.

2. The default zoom factor display 120%. (This is new?!)

3. I go into options and change default back to 100%.

4. Exit and re-run Maxthon.

5. Now the default zoom factor is 100% but the size is still not ok?

So, it seems not an issue of config in UserData. However, something comes into my mind: "Could it be some registry settings from Maxthon do the trick? "

Even so, how can I reset Maxthon registry setting?

scottchu.tw replied at 2014-6-27 00:58 back.gif

I empty Maxthon folder and unzip 4.4.2.600 portable into the Maxthon folder. Something strange happe ...

If you're using the portable version then no, there aren't any registry settings. Everything is saved in the same folder.

Have a look in your C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming folder and check if there is a Maxthon3 folder. If so, remove/rename that and try again.

2. The default zoom factor display 120%. (This is new?!)Just noticed this now, and that is odd.

Have you tried downloading a new copy of the portable version, just in case you somehow got a dodgy one?

And if that doesn't work, if possible, can you upload the archive you have used to install so I can have a look at it.

I just tried a clean extract of 4.4.2.600 and it was normal, 100% zoom, no issues that I could see.

I have Maxthon 3 and Maxthon4 portable on my Win7 32bit for a long time, the "size" problem never happen. The last normal-size" Maxthon4 version is v4.4.1.1000. It starts happening this problem at v4.4.2.600, I've tried v4.4.2.800 just now and the "size problem" still exists.

I also tried removing every things in the Maxthon 4 portable installed folder and unzipping a clean copy of Maxthon 4, too, the problem is still there.

Due to portable version, I resume Maxthon 4 back to v4.4.1.1000 many times and each time there's no "size problem" at all but when I change to "v4.4.2.600(or v4.4.2.800), the size problem comes back.

May I ask one question: "Is there any change of displaying function/codes in program between v4.4.1.1000 and v4.4.2.600?"

Hey,

I just confirmed with our development team .There is no change of displaying function codes in program between v4.4.1.1000 and 4.4.2.600.

Recently there is a bug reported that when the system DPI is set to 140%, the page default zoom would change to 130% when you restart the browser.

Probably it's the same case with you.

Try to check on your system display settings and make sure it's set to 100% .

The bug will be fixed in the future versions.

Please stay tuned.

Thanks.

post-30503264-14315120092863_thumb.jpg

Archived