Certain website is not working as it should?

Okay i started playing Path of Exile since this month, and there is a website that helps with building and sharing characters from Path of Exile.

https://poebuilder.com/

Now if i go to that site in Yandex Browser then i can drag the middle part with the passive skill tree around so that i can add and/or remove passive skills to see its effects on the build i am trying out.

But i can not move the passive skill tree around in Maxthon. Loading the build...zooming in and out...adding and removing skills seem to work. But i repeat...i can not click and drag the passive skill tree around like in the other browser? Am i doing something wrong, or might this be a bug or something?

Hi Fessels,

Glad to talk to you.

Here i tried out the game you provided and it can not display the middle passive skill tree in other browser( Firefox and Chrome). The tree only shows in Maxthon. But as you said i also can't drag the tree around.

Am i doing something wrong?

post-30503264-14315119960207_thumb.png

post-30503264-14315119963262_thumb.png

Thank you BugSir007, glad to talk to you as well. :)

Please do not get wrong, but it is at least good to see that you also have the same problem with that site when using Maxthon.

As for the fact that it does not show for you in Chrome and Firefox...hmm that is odd. As mentioned i use Yandex Browser, but that is simply a chrome clone and it shows the skill tree for me without a problem? Now granted the Yandex Browser is not build on the latest version of Chrome...but i just tried the website out in the SlimJet Browser and the website above showed up without any problems. ( And SlimJet is based on the latest Chrome version. )

PoEBuilderBuildaBetterCharacterforPathof

Maybe you use a program that blocks something on that website in Chrome...or maybe it something like not having Java installed? I am really sorry BugSir007, i have no knowledge on webdesign so i am only guessing here as to why the skill tree is not showing for you in Chrome and Firefox?

i am having similar issues, more and more i have to use Chrome of FF cause MXC cant display website properly anymore, most of the time its seems to be Javascript issue i belive. i really dont like the other browsers .... but its MXC forcing me to use them

Khan Academy (www.khanacademy.org) works fine for about 20 minutes, then the site goes all weird.. If i just close the tab, all other websites go all weird and I have to close Maxthon completely and start again.

Note: I changed the user agent string to IE9 just to see if it would work better, but no difference. That's why it says I'm using Internet Explorer above

StoneCold448 replied at 2014-6-28 09:30 back.gif

Khan Academy (www.khanacademy.org) works fine for about 20 minutes, then the site goes all weird.. I ...

Could you please be more specific? Namely which lessons are giving you problems and which version of Maxthon are you using, IE version and which mode are you using? What do you mean by "going all weird"?

I've tried various lessons for longer than 20 minutes with no issues nor does task manager seem to indicate any problems with memory or cpu usage.

I'm using M4.4.1.2000 on win8. You might try disabling UA and hardware acceleration and try again(although I'm using both with no problems in ultra mode)

Just out of curiosity are the vids being displayed in Flash or html5?(right click vid to see)

oilreg replied at 2014-6-27 21:28 back.gif

i am having similar issues, more and more i have to use Chrome of FF cause MXC cant display website ...

Hmm i wonder what a dev or moderator has to say now. One would expect that a company who makes a browser would make sure that their browser works on equal term with the other great browsers out there!?

I tried the page in these browsers...

* Firefox. ( At a friends house. ) and the site from post 1 works great in that browser.

* Yandex Browser, and the site from post 1 works great in that browser. ( A chrome clone. )

* SlimJet Browser, and the site from post 1 works great in that browser. ( Also a chrome clone. )

* Google Chrome, and the site from post 1 works great in that browser.

* Internet Explorer v9, and the site from post 1 works great in that browser.

Fessels replied at 2014-6-30 10:58 back.gif

I tried the page in these browsers...

* Firefox. ( At a friends house. ) and the site from post 1 w ...

You are right, should have verified it myself.

But in the same token M4 handles it perfectly in retro mode too!

StoneCold448 replied at 2014-6-28 09:30 back.gif

Khan Academy (www.khanacademy.org) works fine for about 20 minutes, then the site goes all weird.. I ...

Hey,

Which lesson is having problems please?

Here ,the website is open for more than 20 mins and it doesn't seem to present any problems.

joemax replied at 2014-6-30 17:53 back.gif

You are right, should have verified it myself.

But in the same token M4 handles it perfectly in ...

So you can move the passive skill tree around in Retro mode? If so then that is odd, because i tried Retro mode just now and i can still not move the skill tree around? ( By left clicking a empty spot and then while holding down the MB drag it around. )

The page loads no matter what and everything else works, i can just not drag the skill tree around in Maxthon!?

EDIT: Okay it was a very small hope, but updating to Maxthon v4.4.2.600 did not change things.

Fessels replied at 2014-7-1 01:16 back.gif

So you can move the passive skill tree around in Retro mode? If so then that is odd, because i tri ...

Yes, that's what I mean, works on win8 and can't imagine it not working on win7, but I haven tried.

joemax replied at 2014-7-1 01:29 back.gif

Yes, that's what I mean, works on win8 and can't imagine it not working on win7, but I haven tried ...

LoL i know it does not hurt. :)

But even in 4.4.2.600 retro mode does not make a difference on that website.

Fessels replied at 2014-7-1 01:33 back.gif

LoL i know it does not hurt.

But even in 4.4.2.600 retro mode does not make a difference on th ...

So I had a chance to try it on Win7 and guess what, it works fine. Are you sure you know what "retro" is? Otherwise, try disabling/enabling GPU acceleration , enable standard rendering mode in advanced setting(and reboot M4) and maybe update win7.

joemax replied at 2014-7-1 09:16 back.gif

So I had a chance to try it on Win7 and guess what, it works fine. Are you sure you know what "ret ...

Windows is fully updated, and i know i have to activate retro in advanced settings and then reboot. I also just tried it out by disabling GPU Acceleration as well, but i can still not move the skill tree around. Everything else that can be done on that site with a build works great.

Hmm this is really odd, the site works 100% for you in Maxthon, but not for me!?

As joemax said, make sure standard rendering mode is ticked in the advanced options.

That was all that was required for me to have it working. Ultra can't move the skill tree, Retro got a blank page, Retro with standard rendering works fine.

Failing that, then i'd try updating to IE11.

Archived