How to save frontpage tabs+settings?

Hi thank you for reading.

My Maxthon starts with all these neat little tabs from pages that I scroll through to see them all. Is there a way to back this up, because I'm going to do a reinstall of Windows.

If I login with my passport will everything come back, favorites, my front page tabs etc etc?

(all those little pictures/websites like 4x3 when I start Maxthon, I got 8 pages of it, dont wanna lose them) There isn't a way I can find a proper word for it in the forum so I can't find the answer.

TYVM

Hi MikotoLuv (:

If you login to your Maxthon Passport before reinstalling of Windows; your favorites, Quick Access tiles(those little pictures like 4x3), Maxthon browser options, Ads filters, adress bar suggestions, Magic Fill datas(your passwords and usernames etc), extensions will be saved and come back.

But please be sure that you did enable your cloud sync options.

Main Menu > User Panel(click on your username and mail adress) > Settings(bottom right)

Enable what you want, then click "Synchronize All"

2lsce4p.jpg

Enjoy! (:

joemax replied at 2014-6-17 02:15 back.gif

I'd suggest saving all your regular tabs as a favorite folder(right click tab) and open them when y ...

There is no direct option for me to do that, just open, edit, refresh and delete. So that may be a little too much work for now. It is always a good thing to back up but I already have tons of stuff to backup.

And I actually never click my favorites, those nice little tabs have replaced that for me. It's so nice!

If I right click on the page itself it says Add to Favorites but when I click on it, it makes an empty tab or directory. Clicking on it opens a window with nothing new.

BugSir007 replied at 2014-6-17 02:53 back.gif

Hi MikotoLuv,

Glad to talk to you.

As furkanavshar said, if your settings and favorites...were saved ...

Ya, I have to look into this cloud thingie. I never did that before or maybe in the time that password wasn't retrievable but it was a long time ago when I just started using Maxthon and was unclear.

furkanavshar replied at 2014-6-17 00:19 back.gif

Hi MikotoLuv (:

If you login to your Maxthon Passport before reinstalling of Windows; your favorite ...

okiii, now I'm going to be installing for a week... I just have to prepare myself mentally :p

It must work lol, I'm not going to make a backup. Either it's gone or it works but I'm confident :)

bYe for now

Oh God, I lost everything... logging in and synching did that. I think I was never logged in and had pages like that and when I logged into my account and synched all. -ALL- my pages are gone... shhhipsss that was years of work. I hope if I log out that I get them back.

I thought this was gonna be 100% easy, but I lost all.... Now I'm actually pretty shocked. Thnx anyway :\

Can't post anymore *sigh*

I'll edit this and keep updating it

aarghhhhh, I was going to do this guys option of the first reply and didn't think a button could actually have a right-click option. Never seen that before, really too bad. That would have been a fast way to save all but now all is gone.

Except for 7 or 8 favorites in the bar that are not important. The rest has all been reset. Exit directly, my tabs, my wallpaper :\ gone

MikotoLuv replied at 2014-6-17 05:23 back.gif

Oh God, I lost everything... logging in and synching did that. I think I was never logged in and had ...

Relax, mister (:

Don't worry about it. You can recover your data. Please stay tuned, I'll take care of it soon.

edit1: When you logged out, did your old datas come back? Could you please try to log out?

from what I understand you just wanted to save your quick access page

as you didn't use an account before, all datas were stored into a guest account.

to use the cloud sync, you should have imported all these datas into a passport account or back up your

c :\users\you\application data\roaming\maxthon files before reinstalling windows...

now I'm afraid these datas are lost

edit : ( suggested by furkan : if you reinstalled windows)

if by chance you did not reinstall windows yet, log into your account and import your datas from guest account.

sigmax2.png

• 2 weeks later...

furkanavshar replied at 2014-6-17 04:42 back.gif

Relax, mister (:

Don't worry about it. You can recover your data. Please stay tuned, I'll take ca ...

I haven't visited the forum after the re-install but thank you for coming back. It's probably unretrievable and I mean back then.

I never logged in to synch so I just kept my stuff just like that. When I logged in and pushed synch everything got loaded in what was attached to that account, which was no(!) changes at all.

Anyway, I just try to forget about it and at least got my basic page back with the things I visit most. I'll have to find the rest over time and most will be lost.

Take care!

joemax replied at 2014-6-17 03:23 back.gif

The save all tabs as a fav folder is a right click on Tab option.

Found it out too late, but thanks everyone for the help. It's all saved to my account now. I just didn't know when I was going to get a reply and thought it would work for me by just logging in and synchronizing, like it was saved instantly.

But it gathered the pages already saved to that account which were none. Now I won't have to save the tabs anymore because from now on they're linked to my login.

Hope this helps someone else though!

bYe

Archived