Flash Player fails

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Magdalene replied at 2014-6-12 11:49 back.gif

The newest stable vesion has come out today http://forum.maxthon.com/thread-11649-1-1.html

Hi Magdalene

Guess what I did the upgrade but just like before I would be pulling out my hair by doing everything all over again trying to make it work...it go right back to this pic below....so I down graded back to 4.4.0.3000

Their is something wrong with the new browsers

post-30526248-14315119767077_thumb.png

1402170908 replied at 2014-6-13 09:00 back.gif

Their is something wrong with the new browsers.

Clearly there isn't:

6p11sm.png

Did you at least try doing a scan with the programs from the links provided?

Also did you try completely uninstalling/restart/reinstall as described here?

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/uninstall-flash-player-windows.html#main_Download_the_Adobe_Flash_Player_uninstaller

loooping8 replied at 2014-6-12 20:55 back.gif

There is absolute no problem with xp and updates when you has installed a free good security soft ...

"A free good security software....from Microsoft" for Windows XP. I do not really understand how works this feature because Microsoft stop updating XP. How is possible a external security software is doing Windows updates..? Unless we are taking about the POSReady hack. Both we are on XP and I continus to update softwares, but for now Windows updates are turned off...:p

Now about "Flash player fail" Maxthon is working very well on YouTube (like never before). I keep Maxthon original Maxthon Npplugins, not any video extention, everything clean. Result: amazing browser, no more video isssues or lacking.:)

7twenty replied at 2014-6-12 20:39 back.gif

Clearly there isn't:

If you read all the post's from earlier I did everything everyone has stated when I had Maxthon Beta 4.4. something and I still couldn't get in so I did a system restore to undo everything I did.....I can get in with Maxthon Cloud 4.4.0.3000 and I dod NOT touch anything after my recovery

There is absolute no problem with xp and updates when you has installed a free good security soft ...

If I had window XP ya it would be no problem but I have windows 8.1 if I update my Maxthon Could higher for some reason it won't work but it will work when I use Maxthon Cloud 4.4.0.3000

If you read my other posts like I saying to others now I HAVE done everything ppl have ask me to do

If I had window XP ya it would be no problem but I have windows 8.1 4.4.0.3000

doher posts like I saying to others now I HAVE done everything ppl have ask me to e Maxthon Cloud if I update my Maxthon Could higher for some reason it won't work

The Fox replied at 2014-6-13 03:30 back.gif

"A free good security software....from Microsoft" for Windows XP. I do not really understand how w ...

I don't have XP I have windows 8.1 and it won't work if I update the Maxthon it will work in the lower maxthon 4.4.0.3000

loooping8 replied at 2014-6-13 03:35 back.gif

Yes but Microsoft works together with some China Companys and they get continus Updates for XP now ...

I don't have XP I( have windows 8.1 and it won't work if I update the Maxthon it will work in the lower maxthon 4.4.0.3000

1402170908 replied at 2014-6-13 06:00 back.gif

If you read all the post's from earlier I did everything everyone has stated when I had Maxthon Be ...

With the Adobe which is up to date to 14 I can't not disable the pepperflash which someone said for me to do cause its part of a block even on google chrome the fist pic is where it was able and than I tried with it disabled

I found the Nppugin couldn't disable it so someone said delete it so I did

The last pic shows adobe disabled

So with what everyone has asked me to do I did nothing seem to work

But what I don't understand is with Maxthon Cloud 4.4.0.3000 I can get in without disabling anything

But when I upgrade to the lastest version of Maxthon 4.4.1.200 I can't get in

The only other thing I did not do is totally uninstall both shockwave player or the flash player

post-30526248-14315119777299_thumb.png

post-30526248-14315119779805_thumb.png

post-30526248-14315119781694_thumb.png

1402170908 replied at 2014-6-14 02:17 back.gif

With the Adobe which is up to date to 14 I can't not disable the pepperflash which someone said fo ...

I can't not disable the pepperflash

Pepperflash has nothing to do with Maxthon. It is the built-in auto updated version that ONLY Chrome can use.

The only Flash that Maxthon uses is NPSWF32*.DLL, depending on whether it is in the Maxthon folder or windows folder

The last pic shows adobe disabled

I said before it makes no difference. I get the same and it works fine. This would be due to the way that it detects your browser - as Chrome, and it uses a different version as stated above.

So with what everyone has asked me to do I did nothing seem to work

then

The only other thing I did not do is totally uninstall both shockwave player or the flash player

So you clearly didn't do everything that people said. The fact is computers aren't perfect, sometimes things happen and they aren't always easy to fix.

7twenty replied at 2014-6-13 16:33 back.gif

Pepperflash has nothing to do with Maxthon. It is the built-in auto updated version that ONLY Chr ...

Yes I did do what everyone asked NO one asked me to uninstall any of the flash players

So how can you say I didn't do what everyone asked?

Still NO one has make any comment on when I use a lower Maxthon Cloud 4.4.0.3000 works without doing anything to the flash player's

If I upgrade to the latest 4.4.1.200 Maxthon it will not work

Try the adobe flash uninstaller from post #32, and the links in #26.

As for why the older version works while the new one doesn't, it could be anything. Off the top of my head, something has registered 4.4.0 to the flash files, but that link is dead when you update to 4.4.1. While a reinstall of Flash should work, it hasn't. So a complete uninstall (using the link above, following every step exactly) will hopefully fix your issues.

1402170908 replied at 2014-6-14 03:03 back.gif

Yes I did do what everyone asked NO one asked me to uninstall any of the flash players

So how can ...

about your issue, it seems you have the same issue with other browsers, while it works on other people's computers, which leads to think it's related to your computer rather than to a particular browser.

obviously there's something wrong with your flash install, and 7twenty's advice is the best thing I can think about at the moment.

sigmax2.png

odyssee replied at 2014-6-14 00:22 back.gif

about your issue, it seems you have the same issue with other browsers, while it works on other pe ...

Ok for the both of you 2 let's forsay I do uninstall both flash player's and it still won't work than what????

Cause I did do a system restore and haven't touch anything

I'll wait for your reply but until than I will still use the lower one

1402170908 replied at 2014-6-14 16:22 back.gif

Ok for the both of you 2 let's forsay I do uninstall both flash player's and it still won't work ...

I'm truely sorry that nothing we can think about helps you...

by chance it works with a previous version

sigmax2.png

1402170908 replied at 2014-6-15 00:22 back.gif

Ok for the both of you 2 let's forsay I do uninstall both flash player's and it still won't work ...

Then you try something else till you get to the point where the problem is fixed. The whole point of troubleshooting is methodically running through a list of possible fixes so you can without a doubt say that was/wasn't the problem. Any time you dismiss something you can't say that isn't the issue, as you didn't try it. On the other hand, if you're happy with the version that you are on, then just don't worry about it. AFAIK there isn't anything amazing in the later one that you need to update.

That said, here's a quick rundown of what I do when trying to fix a problem.

Check settings for related options (eg. enable plugins for this issue, which you've checked)

Disable AdHunter. Refresh and check (in case it's blocking something it shouldn't, which you've checked)

Disable ALL extensions. Restart the browser and check (in case one is causing an issue with a page, or blocking something)

If you're using a Passport account, log out and check (in case your profile has some corrupt settings due to incorrect download or save)

Extract the Maxthon portable version to a folder, don't sign in and check (same as above, but is standalone, so doesn't affect anything in your main install)

From there you should be able to deduce what the problem is if Maxthon related. If none of that works, then you move elsewhere outside of maxthon. In this case to Flash.

BUT once again, given your replies stating:

"google won't work,firefox keeps going not responsing,internet explore won't open game n too", and;

"I haven't been able to play any games on FB with any browser I try to use"

That says almost without doubt that it's a local system issue. And that is the reason why i've asked twice for you to do a adware/malware check, which you seem to not want to do.

I don't know if you realise but trying to fix issues like this can be difficult at the best of times (even sitting directly in front of the system), but having to relay messages, then have them dismissed without checking just makes things harder, as many times you use one check to determine later steps. If there was a one step fix it would have been given, unfortunately there isn't.

Hi Odyssee

I think I found the big problem and I would not have known if I didn't download malwarebytes after I download that I rebooted my computer but it never really started back up it said trying to fix settings but even than it wouldn't start up windows ...it went to a blue screen asking me 3 things skip,tools,and something else....I picked tools advance when I did this it asked my 2 other questions...so I took the one to reinstall windows,which took some time like almost 3 hours for it to fix the hard drive and reinstall...with the windows redone I only download java,I didn't install any of the flash players.....I reinstall maxthon cloud to the latest version and I got in.....So the only thing I can think of is I was missing files somewhere in windows settings.......Thanks everyone for trying to help me figure out thee problem

Can anyone explain this to me.....I did a system restore didn't touch or delete any files...I didn't download any flash player....I was able to get in for a day in a half.....now its going right back where I can't get into farmville 2 again.....can anyone explain this??????

7twenty replied at 2014-6-16 14:27 back.gif

Are any other browsers showing the same problems?

The only other browser I download is Firefox just to use a toolbar that I can't put on Maxthon..The funny thing is it lets me in and than the next minute if I close the browser it won't....If I keep refreshing about 10 times I can get back in......I'm just stomped cause it goes back and forth,that's why I'm asking if anyone has any idea why its doing this...Still don't have any flash player download not even for firefox

Windows update?

Other program update?

Virus hibernating till a point in time, which is why it keeps on coming back after you do a system restore?

You accessing a site which is causing the problem?

The funny thing is it lets me in and than the next minute if I close the browser it won'tSounds like the browser is hanging.

If I keep refreshing about 10 times I can get back inSounds like a download issue, speed is too slow so it doesn't always show/work properly. These are just educated guesses mind you.

Can we get get some system specs? CPU/speed, RAM, HDD size/free space. Internet connection type/speed

And please run download and run this http://sourceforge.net/projects/hjt/

Run the first option, and attach the logfile that is saved so I can have a look please. (It's just a list of everything that is running on your system)

7twenty replied at 2014-6-17 07:31 back.gif

Windows update?

Other program update?

Virus hibernating till a point in time, which is why it keeps ...

the day before yesterday after a windows fresh install it worked

yesterday : you did a system restore, which leads me to think something did not work fine again. Can you remember the latest software you installed before it went wrong again ?

I agree with all 7twenty it looks like a software conflict (including windows update and drivers) or a

malware

but it might also be a hardware (network card, HDD, fan, routeur) issue...

you have to eliminate one thing at a time, until you find the issue...

sigmax2.png

Odyssee the last thing I downloaded was gamers united toolbar to help me get items on farmville 2 that I need ....I believe that has adware not sure

To answer your question it only acts up on farmville 2 all other games I can play now with np's

I just notice windows didn't do a full update as I notice above in box I have windows 8 not windows 8.1

speedtest.net ping 14ms download 17.66 mbps upload 6.56 mbps

I'm with Bell Canada

hard drive 128 GB free space from 149GB I have a P4

post-30526248-14315119832614_thumb.png

We're slowly getting there.

Still waiting on the HiJackThis log (see end of post #46).

BUT a quick google shows that everything you have installed apart from Java/Firefox/Maxthon is some sort of adware/malware/rubbish.

So the first thing you need to do is uninstall those items. Then run Malwarebytes again. I'd run CCleaner as well http://download.piriform.com/ccsetup414.exe to hopefully remove any other extraneous rubbish as well.

When that is done come back with another HiJackThis log and lets see what you have left.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi 7Twenty....

Well I redid system restore I only downloaded java,n flashplayer I did NOT download shockwave player ......I still have a lil problem in getting into farmville 2 but not as bad on facebook it will show that pg upgrade flash player but all I do now is close the browser and reopen it and I can get in.......

I believe the 2 player's where making it crashes or where I wasn't able to get in ....

The only problem I have now is the browser says not responding and than freezes....

I'm not sure if you want some help or not?

You can do system restore all day long, if the issue was present before that restore point you still won't resolve the problem.

You've been asked a number of times to provide certain information to help determine the issue, yet nothing has been supplied.

Archived