Flash Player fails

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

furkanavshar replied at 2014-6-10 00:56 back.gif

Is its name exactly "Adobe Flas Player for games on facebook"? If it is, that looks like an adware ...

Adobe Flash player is used on all browsers to play games...I use to Firefox with it and have np's loading games..I would still use firefox if the web pages stop showing not responding every time I go to a different site

1402170908 replied at 2014-6-10 10:01 back.gif

Adobe Flash player is used on all browsers to play games...I use to Firefox with it and have np's ...

yes but just like the other guy you replied to I got the same as he did it states I have the latest but can't play any games on facebook and I can't fine Maxthon4\Core\Webkit\Npplugins I put that in the address bar and it sends me to Google info with many of them saying on how to disable pepper but I have no clue where to go

1402170908 replied at 2014-6-10 15:54 back.gif

yes but just like the other guy you replied to I got the same as he did it states I have the lates ...

Try this : First download FlashPlayer 13 or 14 from Adobe site

Then open yours Maxthon installation directory

navigate to folders >>>Core>>>Webkit>>>Npplugins>>>find this file NPSWF32_xxxx_xxx.dll and delete it.

After that yours Npplugins folder should look like this :

post-765686-14315119715635_thumb.jpg

1402170908 replied at 2014-6-10 18:03 back.gif

I can not find it giving up

I'll just have to try more browsers till I fine one that will work

sorry can't put screen shot here or i would show you

i found lots n lots of maxthon but nothing there that will help me

sorry but i'm not a computer geek that can find things easily

Hi,

Really sorry for the inconvenience brought to you.

If convenient, would you provide us with the specific game link that is having problem?

At the same time, try to locate your Maxthon installation directory and follow magg's instructions to replace your current flash player with a new one.

If the problem persists, then i suggest you to log out your Maxthon account to see if the game plays well.

Also ,trying out the portable version of Maxthon would be helpful.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks.

BugSir007 replied at 2014-6-10 18:49 back.gif

Hi,

Really sorry for the inconvenience brought to you.

If convenient, would you provide us with the ...

I've been trying to find this thing all D... day....I open search put in Maxthon installation it comes up 0 on everything...found maxthon in another area don't member where now but when I click on it to open it opens the window instead ....I even put in what magg said in the search nothing I've looked in setting,files,n apps nothing to where I can fine pepperflash to disable it.....nothing seems to work with facebook any more ....google won't work,firefox keeps going not responsing,internet explore won't open game n tooo D... slow any games that's on facebook I can't play n it doesn't matter what game...it goes to update flash player n I have the lastest one....n I'm very frustrated right now cuz nothing works

Open up a Windows Explorer window (WIN+E).

In the address bar paste in: C:\Program Files (x86)\Maxthon Cloud Browser\Core\Webkit\Npplugins then skip to step 5.

If you get an error of any kind then follow the steps below.

1 / In the address bar type c:\p in the drop down there should be 2 or 3 items, use the keyboard down arrow to move to the one that says c:\Program Files (x86)

2 / Then type in\max

3 / You should see c:\Program Files (x86)\Maxthon Cloud Browser. Use the down arrow to move to that item and press enter.

4 / Click the address bar (towards the end away from the names), at the end of the line that says c:\Program Files (x86)\Maxthon Cloud Browser paste in the following \Core\Webkit\Npplugins

5 / In that folder, rename the file or files starting with NPSWF32 to OLD_NPSWF32.

Restart Maxthon and see if that helps out.

It can be very annoying to have to deal with stuff like this when all you want is to browse the web, especially when you aren't that knowledgeable with dealing with such things. Hopefully that fixes your issue.

1402170908 replied at 2014-6-10 18:36 back.gif

sorry can't put screen shot here or i would show you

i found lots n lots of maxthon but nothing ...

On your computer go to Control Panel. Then go to System and Security. Scroll down to the bottom and you will see Flash Player (32 bit). Click on that and go to Advanced and click on Allow Adobe to install updates. You will also see what version of Flash you have installed.

If you have Chrome, Iron, or Commodo dragon browser. Open the browser, Type about:plugins in your address bar and click on the + Details in the top right hand corner. Scroll down the list until you find Adobe Flash Player (NPAPI) that will tell you where your Flash is located.

Also update Adobe AIR to the latest stable version (14) http://get.adobe.com/air/. You will need this for Flash games.

You will probably find AIR in C:\Program Files\ Adobe or C:\Program Files\ Adobe AIR

Tip to find Flash or AIR:

If you have Iobit Uninstaller (standalone version or in Iobit Advanced System Care) open it and navigate to Adobe Flash and or Adobe AIR. Right click on them and click on Open file location.

Magdalene replied at 2014-6-11 10:02 back.gif

On your computer go to Control Panel. Then go to System and Security. Scroll down to the bottom an ...

I have deleted all my adobes and reinstalled

Adobe flash player beta 14 air for all other browsers

Adobe shockwave player is up to date

Rebooted my computer

than I tried to get into farmville2 again but just like the last time

it says update flash player

I have also deleted Npplugins as Oliver said to

but to o avail will this browser let me play any type

of games on facebook

1402170908 replied at 2014-6-11 10:51 back.gif

I have deleted all my adobes and reinstalled

Adobe flash player beta 14 air for all other browser ...

Check this option under Maxthon settings and try again :

post-765686-14315119727898_thumb.jpg

1402170908 replied at 2014-6-11 14:22 back.gif

Ok Magdalene

this is where my flash is....I have downloaded adobe air now I will reboot and see i ...

Good luck. You can disable the PepperFlash in Chrome if you like by clicking on disable in its section of the on the about:plugins page.

The only other advice I can suggest if all the other fixes haven't worked are change your User Agent and/or change encoding to Unicode (UTF-8).

post-16691717-1431511974396_thumb.png

Magdalene replied at 2014-6-11 14:47 back.gif

Good luck. You can disable the PepperFlash in Chrome if you like by clicking on disable in its sec ...

Ok I have done everything ppl ask me to do even you...I 1st tried it with adobe disable with the pepperflash that didn't work...than I re-enable it it work once but when I closed the browser it went back to pic (which I will post) I have tried everything to play farmville2 on FB but none of my browser I hav will work.....and what you have posted idk where to fine it...Oh with the flash player you said I can disable it yes but I have to disable the whole thing but like I said that didn't work

post-30526248-14315119746221_thumb.png

The image that you posted in the new thread (since closed) that tells you Flash is disabled can be disregarded. I get the same notice on my system and Flash is working fine, at least in the sites that I use (mostly youtube).

The fact that you are having issues with other browsers and not just Maxthon means the issue isn't directly related to or because of Maxthon or Flash. Rather than trying to get Flash working, you need to find the root cause of it not working.

I'd start out with some malware/adware detection programs and work on from there. Here's two to get you started:

https://www.malwarebytes.org

http://sourceforge.net/projects/hjt/

7twenty replied at 2014-6-11 21:25 back.gif

The image that you posted in the new thread (since closed) that tells you Flash is disabled can be d ...

If you read my other (2)thread I stated I was doing a system restore

When I did that I was left with the 1st Maxthon Cloud I tried Had a little problem at first

so I came back into threads forget which thread I clicked on but I do remember Oliver was telling this guy how to fix the drag and drop...well I scroll down a bit seen windows 8.1 clicked on it..it upgraded my Maxthon Cloud to 4.4.o.300 something like that ...after doing this I was able to get into farmville2 with no problems

Now the only problem I have is that it loads slowly and freezes

I would like to thank everyone for trying to help....thanks

1402170908 replied at 2014-6-12 05:26 back.gif

If you read my other (2)thread I stated I was doing a system restore

When I did that I was left w ...

Update to the latest beta of Maxthon. It's far superior to 4.4.0.3000. Also update your Windows 8 to Windows 8.1. XP is no longer supported by Microsoft so is now technically obsolete.

Magdalene replied at 2014-6-12 08:45 back.gif

Update to the latest beta of Maxthon. It's far superior to 4.4.03000. Also update your Windows 8 t ...

yes my windows is all dated I just put 8 but I do have 8.1

I really don't wanta update to beta 4.4. w/e it is.. that was the 1 I was having problems with the flash player with e1's help I still was having problems and I did everything you ask than I just gave up trying So instead of me going bk into the system to put it all bk to the way it was I just did a system restore and I was able to get bk in with the old one that I 1st tried...

Archived