QA Mod for M4 4.4.0.2000 problem

Faithbuilders

Hi and welcome to forum Faithbuilders,

Did you back up the original page.dat file? You can replace it, if you have. I suggest you to update Maxthon from 4.4.0.2 to 4.4.0.4 here http://forum.maxthon.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=11135&extra=page%3D1%26filter%3Dtypeid%26typeid%3D10%26typeid%3D10

This will change the page.dat file with original one.

Please try to delete all files in C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Maxthon3

Then try to login again.

Also it will be better, if you can give more specific details. How can not you login to your passports? Wrong password warning or something?

Regards.

furkanavshar replied at 2014-5-27 18:31 back.gif

Hi and welcome to forum Faithbuilders,

Did you back up the original page.dat file? You can replace ...

Thank you for your response; and yes I learned a long time ago, when making changes make sure you back up first. And what it does is, nothing. I click on "switch user account" type in email, and password... and nothing happens. So I replaced the original, back, and it works again, I just don't have the nice speed dial.

Faithbuilders replied at 2014-5-28 05:51 back.gif

Thank you for your response; and yes I learned a long time ago, when making changes make sure you ...

Ah, I see.

I have QA mode and it works fine on 4.4.0.4000

Can you please follow this steps:

1) Disable User Agent and close Maxthon,

2) Delete all files in C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Maxthon3

2) Update Maxthon to 4.4.0.4000

3) Login

4) Insert QA mode files

Then you can change the User Agent again.

Let's see if it works (:

why would a user want to delete all files appdata maxthon3 - i agree it would probably solve the problem but any and all saved data from config to cookies is lost and not all is brought back with a log in to a users passport

this is the same sledgehammer method as your common recommendation on a clean install to solve problems

poor advice imo

Tony     -  Vivaldi 4 on Windows 10 64Bit

tony. replied at 2014-5-28 11:34 back.gif

why would a user want to delete all files appdata maxthon3 - i agree it would probably solve the pro ...

He want to use QA mode, but when he changed the page.dat file, Maxthon does not work properly. So what is your advice, Mister?

If you don't have a better or different solution, don't talk the hind legs off a donkey, please! Just be useful.

Regards.

useful and are we accepting your advice is useful - changing the page.dat file and the language file will not cause the problems the OP is getting - i do it every build - so we are either not getting all the info or the OP has done something very wrong

how in your mind will deleting the maxthon3 dir in adddata cure something in the program files dir that may or may not have been installed incorrectly

and what has user agent to do with it

so again - useful - you send poor users with problems off to do clean installs that will do little to nothing - you suggest here that a deletion of the config dir will solve this - a better solution you say - well anything is probably better than your suggestion

Tony     -  Vivaldi 4 on Windows 10 64Bit

Looks to be a configuration/settings issue. Something might be conflicting with some new settings.

Try extracting the portable version somewhere, update the page.dat file and see if the same problem happens. Basically does the same as what furkanavshar said, but you don't have to worry about losing your current data/settings. And means you have a known clean version to test with.

Archived