Extension question

Blinderson

Hope I have this in the right area:

Curious about who creates the extensions.'

I like the TuneIn radio extension; I'm wondering if it's possible to have an iHeart radio extension, too. I use that one for some stations unavailable on TuneIn.

I don't know who creates them nor how they are built, so I'm not sure how much time and effort goes into them.

Thanks for any enlightenment on my question.

Anyone can make an extension, so long as you know how. Some developers of the sites/products may do it, but seeing as Maxthon isn't as big as Chrome/Firefox etc. a lot of extensions are created by regular users with some know how and an interest in that particular site/product.

So here you go. It's just the same as the TuneIn extension (opens up the webpage in a sidebar panel).

iHeartRADIO.mxaddon

7twenty replied at 2014-5-5 22:13 back.gif

Anyone can make an extension, so long as you know how. Some developers of the sites/products may do ...

Thanx, could have sworn there used to be one, even commented to the OP to just go to the extension site to d/load it, then discovered there wasn't one! :o

So as posted previously I submitted the extension to the extensions website... and it seems it's been rejected with the reason "not suitable for sidebar extension".

There is no option to question why or see what exactly the issue is, or what needs to be changed to allow it.

The extension is based off similar style ones (opens webpage in a panel), which have obviously been OK'd previously. And as noted above, the few people that have used it directly from the forum have had no issues with it.

So can someone please explain what the issue is?

7twenty replied at 2014-5-13 06:33 back.gif

So as posted previously I submitted the extension to the extensions website... and it seems it's bee ...

there are several posts already asking for explanations when an extension is rejected. and indeed an explanation is needed.

I ask Bugsir to take a look into this.

sigmax2.png

odyssee replied at 2014-5-13 13:41 back.gif

there are several posts already asking for explanations when an extension is rejected. and indeed ...

Hi guys,

Actually ,some extensions have been rejected because they may be having some malicious or compatibilty issues.

If you encounter any extension that has been rejected yet it was working fine before, you could let me know and i'll do my best to let you know why it has been rejected.

Thanks.

because they may be having some malicious or compatibilty issues.If that is the case then surely that should be the reason given, not a generic "not suitable for sidebar extension".

As for this extension, it's about as generic as it can be - basically opens a webpage in the sidebar, same as others...

7twenty replied at 2014-5-13 09:35 back.gif

If that is the case then surely that should be the reason given, not a generic "not suitable for sid ...

its as its always been - in the early days of trying to work out why we could not get extensions in the topbar i submitted extensions that had already been approved with just the code added to put them in the topbar

they were rejected for the same reason given to you - i think they have a hat which they have 2 balls in and they draw out one - depending on the colour depends if it gets approved - if not it would be an equally good system to what they have now

the reason given above is rubbish - its standard get rid speak

Tony     -  Vivaldi 4 on Windows 10 64Bit

So I emailed help#maxthon.com and PM'd smilefly as he seems to deal with extensions,

about getting some more info... 4 days and counting.

If only they offered more info then 1. I wouldn't have to go thru this, and 2. would create less work for them...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

7twenty replied at 2014-6-12 07:38 back.gif

Almost 5 weeks later and you guessed it, not a peep from anyone about anything mentioned in any of t ...

and they say they are looking at requests for additions - modifications and bug fixing - the whole thing is a joke - Ody talked a door slightly ajar - they are not even in the room - they treat this place and the people in it with contempt

so Karl - Nicole - where are you - not here certainly

Tony     -  Vivaldi 4 on Windows 10 64Bit

• 4 weeks later...

After about 6 submissions I finally got a different rejection response!! I'm over the moon!! This time it's "Really too large", which is really quite vague. Clearly not size related, but i'm thinking it's the size of the panel when it opens.

If I can be stuffed playing around with it and make it workable with a smaller screen I guess i'll see how it goes.

It's quite amazing what happens when more info is given, even as vague as it was.

Archived