Pop-up blocker?

Jhayzkie

As "Enable Popup Blocker" is not always performer, it can be necessary to intervene in ad hunter rules. But it depend to visited site.

BugSir007 replied at 2014-5-7 00:07 back.gif

Hello,

Did you try out the Maxthon ad-hunter pop up blocker?

yes i have tried it, but for some reason, it is not working on other website such as websites with a lot of popups and ads, but yes it blocks the ad content in it but i wouldn't block the windows that pops up. and i experienced one more thing, this is happening frequently but i think this will have a fix soon, other popups crash the browser and even make my CPU Usage to 100% and can't even hover my mouse because of it.

Jhayzkie replied at 2014-5-8 11:46 back.gif

yes i have tried it, but for some reason, it is not working on other website such as websites with ...

Are you using M3 or M4? If you're looking for an upgrade to M3 it is not going to happen. I'd suggest using the latest forum version and take it from there.

joemax replied at 2014-5-8 19:03 back.gif

Are you using M3 or M4? If you're looking for an upgrade to M3 it is not going to happen. I'd sugg ...

I have M4 and its 4.4.0.3000, its just the user string agent i have changed so it appeared here M3, cuz when i try to set default string agent, youtube videos hang for me, and that's the problem we were talking about last week.

Jhayzkie replied at 2014-5-9 03:46 back.gif

yes i have tried it, but for some reason, it is not working on other website such as websites with ...

Thanks Jhayzkie for your feedback,

If convenient , could you please provide us with the specific websites to test?

This would be helpful for us to see where our ad-hunter is not working fine.

• 2 weeks later...

BugSir007 replied at 2014-5-10 05:22 back.gif

Thanks Jhayzkie for your feedback,

If convenient , could you please provide us with the specific w ...

The only issue i have is the popup blocker, ad hunter is working but the popup blocker is not.

you can check this website :

Link removed for precaution ntzphyr

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

NismoBmw-DS4 replied at 2014-6-24 08:07 back.gif

yes it is enabled.

i keep having ..a few ads websites keep coming out. and always the same ads. ...

On the off chance there are any websites other than this one that actually recognize Maxthon versions, I would say yes. It's particularly relevant to have the User Agent reporting the correct Maxthon version to this forum since people trying to help troubleshoot will want to know that you are using the current version.

Archived