Give a tip


MX Master
  • Posts

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won


 Content Type 



Release Notes

Bug Tracker

Help page

Help page-CN

Release Note5

Rules and recruitment

Release Note6

Posts posted by Magdalene

  1. 27430872 replied at 2014-11-12 09:24 back.gif

    I see that your Maxthon works fine, but mine. I changed encoding to UTF-8, but still the same proble ...

    In advanced settings

    Enable standard rendering in Retro Mode YES

    Content Control

    Allow all sites to run plug-ins YES

    Allow cookie on all sites YES

    Third-party cookie policy: Forbid

    Enable GPU hardware acceleration YES

    UA is

    Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; Windows NT 6.3; WOW64; IA64; en) AppleWebKit/599.0+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/38.0.2125.111 Maxthon/4.4.3 QupZilla/1.8.4

    Adblock is enabled, Flashblock is enabled

    Encoding is UTF-8

    This might be a regionalisation problem. Where are you?

    Your browser is displaying as 4.4.3!

  2. Works fine here in Ultra and Retro modes try this User agent.

    Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; Windows NT 6.3; WOW64; IA64; en) AppleWebKit/599.0+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/38.0.2125.111 Maxthon/4.4.3 QupZilla/1.8.3

    Update to latest stable version of Maxthon as well. What version of Windows are you using?

  3. Imanerd replied at 2014-8-16 16:41 back.gif

    Opera uses chromium, which makes using both opera and chrome UA strings unnecessary. Also OS version ...

    Thanks Ima. Nice to have you back. Will take note of your suggestions and post a modified version at some point. Are you using the Dev version of Chrome for any particular reason or should I just put the Stable version as normal.

  4. SapioiT replied at 2014-6-22 09:20 back.gif


    There should be one thing missing from the links (the bolded part). I am using ...

    Both your Maxthon and your UA are out of date.

    For latest Stable Maxthon http://forum.maxthon.com/thread-11649-1-1.html

    Latest UA for Win 7

    Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; Windows NT 6.1; U; WOW64; IA64; en) AppleWebKit/599.0+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Maxthon/ Chrome/35.0.1916.153 Safari/537.36 OPR/22.0.1471.70 QupZilla/1.6.6

  5. 7twenty replied at 2014-5-23 15:59 back.gif

    Although that is possible, the coincidence is just too great. Everything was working fine till the ...

    It could be the latest Chrome update was responsible for the YT change. They seem to go hand in hand.

    Which Youtube link on the videos do you mean?

    HTML5 has just as many security risks as Flash. I agree with you about the popout/popup window and download facility.

  6. 7twenty replied at 2014-5-22 03:27 back.gif


    Now HTML5 videos play instead of changing to flash...

    Use youtube centre - version 290 (select force Flash player) and Flash Block. Clean your Cache and Last Session files. When you use YT and an HTML5 video tries to load you will get a blackscreen or the video will load. Right click on video to find if it's HTML5 or Flash (Full screen only) refresh page if it's HTML5. You will receive the "An error has occurred...." message on a black screen. Eventually you will get the FlashBlock Icon. Refresh page if necessary. Click on Flashblock icon and use as normal. YTC is very slow to load.

    • Like 1