• Speed dial opened as blank in 4.4.x

Rainman

After MX5 testing, I can not use MX4(4.4.8.1000 and several other versions): speed dial page is blank

Perhaps there is a way to clean speed dial saves from my account?

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Now I have known about that. Don't worry because your data isn't missing. We met this kind of problem before.

Please do not move or delete any user data folders. I'll ask our dev colleague and reply you with the recover method shortly.

Stay tuned 

1 minute ago, Rainman said:

I have a backup :-) list of urls, manually

And I have a backup all of my favorites.

Only value - the account itself, it was created many years ago

What account do you mean? Maxthon passport account? or account for other websites which you saved in your Maxthon browser?

Don't worry, you can private message to me if you have worry about it. Now it is the work hours for us, so I will be online all the time.

Btw, which country and which time for you now? It's not usual when we have a same online time with most users :1f602:

1 hour ago, Rainman said:

I am from russian Siberia (timezone: GMT+7), it is very cold in here, my cat's nickname - Zveryuga (terrible beast - not quite an accurate translation, but it is close in meaning) :1f60b:

Wow, I think there are many Russian users in our forum, and we also saw many Russian comments on GooglePlay everyday~ I love Russia!

For the quick access issue, if you want to recover it, please PM me your Maxthon account ID, and the .dat file in your portable files:

......\maxthon_portable_4.4.8.2000-f\MaxthonPortable\UserData\Users\your mail ID file\QuickAccess\QaConfig.dat

With this dat file, we may could recover the quick accesses.

Additional Information: 
    1. I was able to open QA in 4.4.1.4000 portable, and I removed all in QA. But it did not help me: QA can't be loaded in other versions. Also, I can see normal QA in MX5.

2. I tried to perform a clean install, including delete QaConfig.dat and the whole Maxthon's folder, Maxthon was uninstalled, local settings - was removed too. Everything remains as before...

My account - in your PM

1 hour ago, Rainman said:

Additional Information: 
    1. I was able to open QA in 4.4.1.4000 portable, and I removed all in QA. But it did not help me: QA can't be loaded in other versions. Also, I can see normal QA in MX5.

2. I tried to perform a clean install, including delete QaConfig.dat and the whole Maxthon's folder, Maxthon was uninstalled, local settings - was removed too. Everything remains as before...

My account - in your PM

You move the UserData folder...that's the last thing I want to see...

If you use "Import user data" function of our browser to copy user data, it will make sure you won't lose anything, but if you "Copy+Paste" related folders by youself...it will lead to disaster :( let alone you have deleted it once.

I received your email ID, but what they need is the .dat file, but it has been deleted by you?

The original QaConfig.dat was deleted before my first post appeared here.

If I can to see the normal QA without any links (blank QA) - I am pleased.

It's not a problem - to fill out QA.

Browser has created a new  QaConfig.dat , I think - it's the same as deleted: it's a result of syncronization form the same source.

QuickAccess.zip

I've tested:
    disable synchronization for QA,
    delete the folder with the QA,
    create a new bookmark (after browser restarts, I have a normal blank QA),
    enable synchronization ... and I see the same QaConfig.dat that was before the experiment

Edited by Rainman

17 hours ago, Rainman said:

The original QaConfig.dat was deleted before my first post appeared here.

If I can to see the normal QA without any links (blank QA) - I am pleased.

It's not a problem - to fill out QA.

Browser has created a new  QaConfig.dat , I think - it's the same as deleted: it's a result of syncronization form the same source.

QuickAccess.zip

I've tested:
    disable synchronization for QA,
    delete the folder with the QA,
    create a new bookmark (after browser restarts, I have a normal blank QA),
    enable synchronization ... and I see the same QaConfig.dat that was before the experiment

Well, the dev colleague check your ID on the server, and found there's nothing left now. It's really lucky that you have backup for all QA lists before you deleted them...

Usually, moving UserData folders manually may cause many troubles, so it's wise to use the Data Import function in settings menu.

Anybody here?
    I think, you've got to add functionality to clear stored data from account to the UI. As I can see, the data blocks are different for MX4 and MX5, please, don't forget about this fact.

• Pending = We are still working on this report.

Solved = The issue has been fixed and the resolution will be available in the recent version.

Closed = Feedback or opinion better posted on our forum for discussion.