• RT Discussion board not displayed

ToothFaerie
    • Solved

If you go to https://www.rt.com/ and want to reply to the discussions (though sometimes it is not advisable, for health reasons), you find you cannot as they are not showing up in Maxthon. I have tried the usual, Retro/Ultra, sign out of cloud, clear everything, uninstall Maxthon completely and re-install most up to date, turn ABP off, No Proxy, but still no chat at the bottom of pages.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

P.S. Their site was updated recently, maybe that has caused the issue. RT chat works on Opera/Firefox, not tried the others nasties.  

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

7 hours ago, 7twenty said:

Can you provide a link or screenshot of the issue?

I can't find what discussions you're talking about? Tested in Edge/FF and both look the same as MX.

yes, same here !

There is no reason to post an image as there is nothing to see, that is the problem. I cannot take part in the discussion because it does not show up on Maxthon. I can take part in the discussion with Firefox or Opera. I am not using the 4.9 iteration of Maxthon as it is a shambles with no push to cloud on right click (unless it is now an option, if not it is one of the main reasons I use Maxthon). I will take screenshot if necessary but they will be what I am explaining :-

In Maxthon 4.4.8.2 there is no discussion at the bottom of the page. The same with 4.9.

In Opera or Firefox I have access to the discussion.

If you really need to see images I will do it, but that is the case and I do not see how me showing images of it not working will help me or you. 

Baaaah! Here you go, gives me a chance to use my super fast internet I had upgraded yesterday. :)

FF-RT-1.png

FF-RT.png

P.P.S I should say it was working perfectly before I upgraded to 4.9, but has not worked since going back to 4.4. I have removed every part of the browser using Revo Uninstall and Ccleaner. So it is very unlikely anything was left after that. 

Edited by ToothFaerie

1 hour ago, ToothFaerie said:

There is no reason to post an image as there is nothing to see, that is the problem. I cannot take part in the discussion because it does not show up on Maxthon. I can take part in the discussion with Firefox or Opera. I am not using the 4.9 iteration of Maxthon as it is a shambles with no push to cloud on right click (unless it is now an option, if not it is one of the main reasons I use Maxthon). I will take screenshot if necessary but they will be what I am explaining :-

In Maxthon 4.4.8.2 there is no discussion at the bottom of the page. The same with 4.9.

In Opera or Firefox I have access to the discussion.

If you really need to see images I will do it, but that is the case and I do not see how me showing images of it not working will help me or you. 

Baaaah! Here you go, gives me a chance to use my super fast internet I had upgraded yesterday. :)

FF-RT-1.png

FF-RT.png

P.P.S I should say it was working perfectly before I upgraded to 4.9, but has not worked since going back to 4.4. I have removed every part of the browser using Revo Uninstall and Ccleaner. So it is very unlikely anything was left after that. 

You mention that Cloud Push is one of the main reasons for using Maxxthon.  So that brings up my question.  After you did the uninstall and cleaning, did you try accessing the site with or without logging into Passport?

The relevance is that loogging in and allowing things to sync could bring back possibly problematic user data, ruining your uninstall and cleaning.

<<SL>>

Hi, if you read my OP you will see that yes I did. So yes, I have tried before login into the new account browser and the same thing happens. 

edit: Given that is not clear, but yes I have tried with Maxthon logged in and not to experience the same problem. Yes, I tried it before logging into Maxthon the first time I made a totally clean install. Sorry if the previous post sounds rude, that was not what I intended. 

Edited by ToothFaerie

3 hours ago, ToothFaerie said:

There is no reason to post an image as there is nothing to see, that is the problem. I cannot take part in the discussion because it does not show up on Maxthon. I can take part in the discussion with Firefox or Opera. I am not using the 4.9 iteration of Maxthon as it is a shambles with no push to cloud on right click (unless it is now an option, if not it is one of the main reasons I use Maxthon). I will take screenshot if necessary but they will be what I am explaining :

ok I can confirm this : follow this link : https://www.rt.com/news/346155-germany-eu-pew-poll/

bottom of the page there's a conversation in UR browser (chrome based browser).

I tried in maxthon, both ultra and retro, abp+ enabled or disabled : no conversation, same in EDGE : no conversation either

• Like 1

3 hours ago, -ody- said:

ok I can confirm this : follow this link : https://www.rt.com/news/346155-germany-eu-pew-poll/

I had some older versions of FF/Chrome on which it didn't work. After updating then it did.

Based on that, it's possibly related to the blink version, calling for something that isn't available in older versions.

If that is the case, then the only fix will come when MX update to a more recent version.

7 hours ago, ToothFaerie said:

If you really need to see images I will do it,

Thank you. When asking for an image I was referring to one that shows what it should look like eg from chrome. Otherwise we don't know what we should be looking for, especially if we also try other browsers that display the same. Easiest to check with is Edge/IE as it's installed by default on all systems, and they also have the same issue. Not everyone might have Chrome/FF etc installed.

• Like 1

Hi ToothFaerie, I test from my side just now, and this bug has been fixed now. My version is 4.9.3.1000(which was reported as with many bugs...), and after opening https://www.rt.com/news/357113-us-warship-harassed-iran/

I could see the conversation board.

Hope it's same situation for you!

And now we will close this topic and if you have any other problem in future, please feel free to open another post at any time!

• Pending = We are still working on this report.

Solved = The issue has been fixed and the resolution will be available in the recent version.

Closed = Feedback or opinion better posted on our forum for discussion.