• mx crashing always

ioosis

1-maxthon always crashes when closing a tab 

2- i face a lot of difficulty when trying to move copy cut my  stored favourite url to acustomized favourite folder

3- why no tweaks on themes 

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Hi there,

Sorry for bringing you inconvenience.

First please let us know your Maxthon browser version so that we can identify the cause more easily.

Second, it will be helpful if you could send the MaxthonCrashData to us for further analysis. You can get this folder through following two ways:

a. You can press "Win + R" keyboard > run "%temp%" and press "Enter" > find the folder "MaxthonCrashData" > compress the folder and send it to us. 
    b. You can also find it directly from following path: C:\Users\#Your User ID#\AppData\Local\Temp\MaxthonCrashData 
    The whole complete MaxthonCrashDate folder will be highly appreciated instead of only certain .txt document in it.

5 hours ago, ioosis said:

crashes gone on the new version 4941000 but it still takes a lot of time and freezes when i open favourite manager

Ok, anyway, it's a good news that the new version has stopped part of problems.

Regarding to the favourite manager, could you tell how many bookmarks you save in your favourite managers? your computer information? whether virtual memory or any system disk has been full? 

Is there any problem like freezing when you use other features of Maxthon? any problem when you use other browsers?

Hope it's not a burden for you, but since we couldn't duplicate this problem when we do test(actually we have optimized this feature and before we lauched it previously, our test once tried more than 5k bookmarks and move, but there's no problem at all), this is the only way to identify the cause.

• Like 1

thanks for reply

i save alot of bookmarks very far away beyond 5000 may be over 15000(my years online roaming) i did not face this problem on version 4.9.3 or 4.4.8 

my pc

phenom x2 550 @3.giga hertz

ram 10 gb

gigabyte 785gt

i have more than 10gb free of system disk space

i always uses portable version of maxthon

no freezes @ all of any mx features just the f.m. 

all other browser ok i use all kind of browser this happen only on 4.9.4.xxx

also try this fb page link it opens any post and close it repeatidly by its self

even it freezes other tabs

3 minutes ago, ioosis said:

over 15000(my years online roaming) i did not face this problem on version 4.9.3 or 4.4.8 

over 15000...seems that you are really an old Maxer and have great trust on us:D

I'll let the devs know about this. Maybe they should pay more attention to the optimization again.

6 minutes ago, ioosis said:

my pc

phenom x2 550 @3.giga hertz

ram 10 gb

gigabyte 785gt

i have more than 10gb free of system disk space

i always uses portable version of maxthon

no freezes @ all of any mx features just the f.m. 

all other browser ok i use all kind of browser this happen only on 4.9.4.xxx

helpful information, I shall transfer to them together :)

7 minutes ago, ioosis said:

also try this fb page link it opens any post and close it repeatidly by its self

I'm a bit of confused about this. What do you mean by this?

You couldn't open thread in this forum? is it only on this forum or for all other sites?

• Like 1

no this page only on facebook i opened the first post picture then it started to open and close then open and close i meen the picture that is attached to the post first post or seconed any post picture in a loop by itself 

i use maxthon more than you think 10 years  maybe i have 

4 hours ago, ioosis said:

no this page only on facebook i opened the first post picture then it started to open and close then open and close i meen the picture that is attached to the post first post or seconed any post picture in a loop by itself 

Is what you mean same with following thread? He has an video attached.

http://forum.maxthon.com/index.php?/bug-tracker/general-support/auto-reload-facebook-picture-r236/

4 hours ago, ioosis said:

sorry man also i have to inform you the new 4941000 v it close suddenly when i close some fb tabs i do not know why

It's really sad story, but anyway we need to solve it. 

Let me check another detail with you, did all these problems (crashing when close a tab, freeze on Fav. manager) happen only when you have one or more Facebook page on?

If so, we may suppose that MX4 encounter problem when Facebook was open, and given the problem has happened, what other operation you do after that will meet difficulties.

Besides, what's your operation for Fav. manager? only click open, and it will be slow or freeze? or only when you edit it, it encounter problems?

• Like 1

1- the attached video at z link above is actually describe exactly my first problem +1

2-   freezing happend with multi fb pages are opened 

3- crashes happen some times when i close only opened 1 fb page with maxthon home screen set to open thumbs pages 

and sometimes with multi fb pages

4-just openning z f.m. talkes alot untill i can see and edit my favourite links or folders i save a lot of links onnce i try to move more than 10-15 linkes to a customized folder it stop responding also while that it freezez mx and all open tabs and popup close message

i think maxthon has a great trouble with fb

best regard

Edited by ioosis

14 hours ago, ioosis said:

4-just openning z f.m. talkes alot untill i can see and edit my favourite links or folders i save a lot of links onnce i try to move more than 10-15 linkes to a customized folder it stop responding also while that it freezez mx and all open tabs and popup close message

Does Fav. problem happen when you don't have Facebook page on? have you ever try that?

Besides, since crash happen again, could you help sending the crash report to us for analysis? The way to get MaxthonCrashData is as above.

14 hours ago, ioosis said:

i think maxthon has a great trouble with fb

Yes I think so, too. It's really an important bug which need to be fixed urgently because FB is such a popular platform nowadays.

Really thank you for your support and patience. It's really helpful for us.:)

• Like 1

1- YES FAV M PROB. HAPPENS EVen when i open fav m alone  mx freezes for may be 45 seconds then opens its very difficult  when i move favourites url from right pane to left i only can move 10 links or so to my customised folder

i attched z report plz note that i use z 3 portable versions of maxthon i think they share z same temp directory  

even with those  problems along years  trust me mx is the best out there i really thank you a lot and plz mx5  let all free feature in gest account  

best regards

MaxthonCrashData.rar

On 10/14/2016 at 8:56 PM, ioosis said:

1- YES FAV M PROB. HAPPENS EVen when i open fav m alone  mx freezes for may be 45 seconds then opens its very difficult  when i move favourites url from right pane to left i only can move 10 links or so to my customised folder

i attched z report plz note that i use z 3 portable versions of maxthon i think they share z same temp directory  

even with those  problems along years  trust me mx is the best out there i really thank you a lot and plz mx5  let all free feature in gest account  

best regards

MaxthonCrashData.rar

Thank you very much for the crash report. I shall transfer it to the devs for analysis.

Also thank you for your trust in Maxthon, which is the best reward for us:D

Regarding to MX5, since many feature of this version is more about information management, which is more personal. That's why it will be better if you have an account instead of guest mode. For example, if MX5 is your personal information assistant, you also want it be customized to only yourself, right?:1f61d:

Hi ioosis,

Today we have released the new version of MX4, v4.9.4.1100beta, and Facebook problem was fixed in this version. You can download it from this link:

http://forum.maxthon.com/index.php?/release-notes/

Besides, since we suppose that the Fav. manager problem is also related with FB issue, it will be helpful if you could try your Fav. manager in this new version, too. We hope this Fav. manager issue could also be fixed together.

Awaiting your feedback.:D

• Like 2

thankx for z new beta

1- nope f.m problem did not fixed 

2- just to notice i found that favback folder size is huge about 780mb  thats could be z problem but even without my fav folder z problem exits 

3- as for fb i will try it 

also i would like to inform you about problem for later use 

1- i get install flash player message at youtube page in retro mode while not at ultra mode  even mx bulid in his own fp

2-fb vieos i use internet download manager to capture video on fb so i should see popup icon download like mx popup download video some time it work in retro mode also i get java error in some fb video and andriodauthority  how do i assure that java instaled in portable version

3- i will send some site errors i face on mx that works fine on other browser  

the most important now fav.m cause i use it alot i will try to send avideo caputer 

2 hours ago, ioosis said:

i keep it local

i do not sync

You never sync it to the cloud?...

ok, I misunderstood you. 

If they are only in local, have you try clearing the cache?

2 hours ago, ioosis said:

note that this z backup     favourite folder inside z main fav folder

what do you mean by "z" backup?:( sorry sometimes some abbr. are a little bit confusing for me.

• Like 1

it is difficult in egypt to have internet service all time soync needs alot of money

z eqauls =the  i mean there is a folder in mx portable directory called favourite under the guest account data inside this folder there the=(z) main favourite filee and a favbackup folder which is 780mb 

i do not see how clearing cach is related to favourite

about fav manager do you have a screen recorder app that can record my problem with small size

best regards

How many favourites do you have and how big is the Favorite.dat file? If it's rather large, then that's possibly why you're running into issues with favourites.

You can probably delete most (if not all) of the data in the backup folder. I always keep the latest 5 or 10 copies though.

For reference i have 568 favourites and the file is 938kb. No issues on my end.

You can get the total by using the update site icons feature and checking the progress meter number down the bottom.

On 19/10/2016 at 3:05 PM, ioosis said:

1- i get install flash player message at youtube page in retro mode while not at ultra mode  even mx bulid in his own fp

For flash to be working in Retro you need to also have the IE version of flash installed. Easiest way is to run Internet Explorer and install flash using that, as it will detect and install the right version. It should then work in Retro.

Although you shouldn't have to be using Retro for youtube.

2-fb vieos i use internet download manager to capture video on fb so i should see popup icon download like mx popup download video some time it work in retro mode also i get java error in some fb video and andriodauthority  how do i assure that java instaled in portable version

Goto https://www.java.com/en/download/installed8.jsp and see if it can detect if Java is running/installed.

• Like 1

Favorite.dat  is 50 mb

as for favourit number see attached

Untitled.png

wow  75688   years of web roaming by mx

just notice i do not face any problem with 4482000 or 4931000  just 494

i have avideo for z problem with 400mb size i can not upload that can not even reduce size

On 10/21/2016 at 5:56 AM, 7twenty said:

How many favourites do you have and how big is the Favorite.dat file? If it's rather large, then that's possibly why you're running into issues with favourites.

You can probably delete most (if not all) of the data in the backup folder. I always keep the latest 5 or 10 copies though.

For reference i have 568 favourites and the file is 938kb. No issues on my end.

You can get the total by using the update site icons feature and checking the progress meter number down the bottom.

For flash to be working in Retro you need to also have the IE version of flash installed. Easiest way is to run Internet Explorer and install flash using that, as it will detect and install the right version. It should then work in Retro.

Although you shouldn't have to be using Retro for youtube.

Goto https://www.java.com/en/download/installed8.jsp and see if it can detect if Java is running/installed.

plz see the above list

On 21/10/2016 at 6:42 PM, ioosis said:

wow  75688   years of web roaming by mx

I'd be doing some major trimming of that list. 90% of those sites probably no longer exist if they're from years ago.

As to why it works in previous version, I can't say.

• Like 1

• Pending = We are still working on this report.

Solved = The issue has been fixed and the resolution will be available in the recent version.

Closed = Feedback or opinion better posted on our forum for discussion.