I'm a newbie to Maxthon and to this forum. I get the feeling this is not the right category / forum in which to post my topic, but I couldn't figure out how to put it in the General Discussion category. It was grayed out where I was to select a forum. Feel free to move it if that's where it belongs.
Anyway, since I'm stuck at Opera 36 because I have Windows XP, I've been checking out other Browsers just in case suddenly even Opera 36 no longer works.
I checked out Maxthon Cloud Portable (PortableApps.com) last night and it turned out to be the 1st Browser aside of Opera to ever get my attention as far as being able to work well on my Dial Up Internet and my FrankenDino (Frankenstein Dinosaur) computer. This Maxthon Cloud browser actually has some genuine excellent potential.
That said, I have some questions.
(1) In the Settings ... is the N: Drive the Cloud?
(2) One of the around 2 instances of that N: Drive in the Settings was for the Cache. Does that mean that the default location setting for the Maxthon Cache is on the Cloud? I changed it to some folder in My Documents folder for now.
(3) I don't like the Cloud. I don't do the Cloud. I don't want ANYTHING of my Maxthon usage to be associated with the Cloud be it uploading, downloading, caching, history, Etc. What all Settings would I have to make sure to set / change to assure that I am Cloud free.
(4) I don't believe I saw a Setting for selecting where to save any downloads. Where would that Setting be? I don't want any download to wind up in the Cloud. I don't believe the Save Location Setting in the Quick Save Images category covers all bases.
(5) Does Maxthon have the audacity to force update itself like Opera and who knows what all other browsers?
(6) The PortableApps.com version of Maxthon Cloud that I am using is 184.108.40.2060. I take it that's quite out of date? Do I understand correctly that the latest Maxthon Cloud version is 4.9?
(7) Since I am using Maxthon Cloud 220.127.116.110, it is obvious that at least THIS version still supports Windows XP. Will Maxthon Cloud 5 support Windows XP? Or will it follow in the footsteps of other browsers and cease support for Windows XP?
Posted by Chim