• google maps - big freezes

Maslobojik

google maps - big freezes as like no web acceleration.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

1 hour ago, Maslobojik said:

NO! It is not. 

The same.

Did you try to press down left mouse button and move it around?

google_chrome_&_Maxthon.avi

By the way, in retro mode it works very well.

I just tested google Maps with Mx 4.9.3.1000 in Ultra mode.   I do not find any problems.

Pressed left mouse button and panned around; very smooth; no problems.  Zoomed in with Satellite view (aka Earth view).  No problems panning around.  Went to specific address.  No problems panning or zooming.

So i short, cannot confirm with the last release.

Did I miss something?  Oh, yes, this is in Win7 x64.

<<SL>>

4 hours ago, SnowLeopard said:

I just tested google Maps with Mx 4.9.3.1000 in Ultra mode.   I do not find any problems.

Pressed left mouse button and panned around; very smooth; no problems.  Zoomed in with Satellite view (aka Earth view).  No problems panning around.  Went to specific address.  No problems panning or zooming.

So i short, cannot confirm with the last release.

Did I miss something?  Oh, yes, this is in Win7 x64.

<<SL>>

same here, can't confirm (windows 10 x64)

This is one of those issues that is quite subjective. Someone might not see any issue even if there is some slight stuttering, while others will get very aggravated by it.

For the most part I think google maps works well in Ultra. But if you change to Retro you will notice it's a little smoother.

I think it's something to do with the way the screen is drawn when a page is loading. MX always causes videos playing to stutter when pages are loading in the background. And I think the same is possibly happening with google maps.

Maybe it needs another process handling these separately? Not sure...

I think that Maxthon does not use GPU acceleration. I don't even have this option in advanced setting. Why? How?

I think that GPU acceleration is problem.

By the way, on Maxthon 4.4.8.2000 it work very well on Google Maps. And has GPU acceleration option!

I hope it will be fixed as soon as possible.

Edited by Maslobojik

Hello, Maslobojik. I tried to press down left mouse button and move it around in google map in Ultra mode. It works well...but my system is Win10 and browser version is 4.9.3.1000.

Could you tell me your computer system, please? then we can do deeper testing.

Thanks and looking forward to your reply.

I can confirm this issue. I have had it myself as well in 4.9.3.1000, but it is not constant. Sometimes opening Google Maps and dragging & zooming the map around works really really slow, like 1 frame per second, as if CPU is at 100% (but it's not). Then a few moments (sessions?) later it becomes smooth again, etc.

It is not an issue of busy CPU or anything like that, but I haven't been able to determine what exactly is causing this.

By the way, some options / functions were removed in Maxthon 4.9.x branch, like split-view and probably GPU acceleration, that's why you can't find it in Settings. Some functions will be restored in Maxthon 5 but I'm not sure at this moment if GPU acceleration will be one of them.

Edited by Perplexer

So...
    Now it's work fine.

What I did:

I was launched google maps under retro mode. All good. Reload in Ultra mode. All in freezes.Then again reload in retro mode and close tab. Press Button of Open Last closed tab. Opened Google Maps again in retro mode. But page was like as your browser is too old, use new browser. I reload this page in Ultra mode and can see Google maps with fast speed, no freezes.

Edited by Maslobojik

On 7/8/2016 at 7:16 AM, Maslobojik said:

So...
    Now it's work fine.

What I did:

I was launched google maps under retro mode. All good. Reload in Ultra mode. All in freezes.Then again reload in retro mode and close tab. Press Button of Open Last closed tab. Opened Google Maps again in retro mode. But page was like as your browser is too old, use new browser. I reload this page in Ultra mode and can see Google maps with fast speed, no freezes.

Sorry for this convenience. I already sent it to test team. Waiting for testing result

This issue can't duplicate, Maslobojik. Meanwhile, it also can't duplicate on most computers.

We suggest: download a portable version of 4.9.3.1000 and install in a different disk.

(For example, if you installed installation version of 4.9.3.1000 in C disk, you can install portable version of 4.9.3.1000 in D disk.)

Then duplicate the issue in portable version, meanwhile open windows system task manager, check the CPU occupation and RAM occupation. It would be better to take a screenshot and share with us.

Thanks Maslobojik and looking forward to your reply.:)

• Pending = We are still working on this report.

Solved = The issue has been fixed and the resolution will be available in the recent version.

Closed = Feedback or opinion better posted on our forum for discussion.