• Favorites Manager shows zero favorites

Jrel
    • Solved

My Favorites bar is working and has all my favorites.  However, when I use the Favorites Manager, nothing is in there at all.  Version 4.9.3.1000.  

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

2 hours ago, Jrel said:

Well, it has been 42 minutes now and still nothing showing in the Favorites sidebar.

Yeah, the slow favs at start is an issue, but your's isn't that - and definitely not after 40+minutes. And that's quite evident given that it just won't show after numerous attempts.

To narrow it down quicker, import half the list, if it works then it's in the other half, then do the same again with the balance etc. Using the export/import from folders option is easier to work with, but editing the HTML file is also an option.

EDIT: seems you may have found the problem link.

It would be interesting to know how many favorites you actually have in total or actual size of your favorites folder. That there are over 290 in the folder that is giving it could very well be the reason.

15 minutes ago, Jrel said:

1.5 MBs of Favorites.

:huh: How many favs do you have? I've got over 500links and it's only ~50kb? Either you've got literally thousands of links (16000+ by my calculations), or their is something wrong?

15 minutes ago, Jrel said:

Favorites folder got a period space period space added to the beginning of it, as in ". . Zennheiser EDM Drums.html"

Any chance you can copy/paste the actual title of that site or provide a link?

6 minutes ago, joemax said:

That there are over 290 in the folder that is giving it could very well be the reason.

Just did a test with all my favs (557) combined into one folder and imported to MX. No issues, and populated instantly.

20 minutes ago, 7twenty said:

:huh: How many favs do you have? I've got over 500links and it's only ~50kb? Either you've got literally thousands of links (16000+ by my calculations), or their is something wrong?

Any chance you can copy/paste the actual file/title of that site and/or provide a link?

*Cough* Over 4K links in IE Favorites because Maxthon had originally imported my IE Favorites when I first started using it.  I didn't realize it until doing the import tests.  I haven't used any of those IE links in maybe a decade. But from day to day, I store tabs I have open into a group for that day and keep them in case I need to go back to a previous day or month.  Whoa, I have another 11K favorites from storing 3 years of browsing.  I'm a packrat when it comes to storing information unfortunately.  I have a lot of trimming to do.

The title of the the bad link was:

. . Zenhiser, EDM Drums. 275 Incredible EDM Drum Sounds, Drum Beats, Drum Rolls & Drum FX All In One Super Sample Pack! - Zenhiser

It actually points to http://www.zenhiser.com/edm-drums-samples.html

I think my PC corrupted the title somehow because the webpage itself doesn't have the . . in front of the page's name.  If you try to make a shortcut with that tilte and import it and it messes up your Favorites, do not blame me!  Do it on a separate maxthon install please.  

Edited by Jrel
    • Like 1

Hi, I have just moved to a new Win 10 laptop and got all favs back from online but has not put the favs bar at the top of bowser like had on my prev win 7 laptop, can someone remind me how I got them there, I am using verion 4 as tried new 5 but didnt seem to like my local newspaper web site

• Pending = We are still working on this report.

Solved = The issue has been fixed and the resolution will be available in the recent version.

Closed = Feedback or opinion better posted on our forum for discussion.