• Facebook and Maxthon 4

dagoz
    • Solved

Facebook and Maxthon 4, will Facebook ever work on Maxthon 4, I doubt it. As usual Maxthon is moving to the next Maxthon browser (MX5 in this) before the previous version is finished (namely Maxthon 4), this never seems to happen. On Windows 7 videos do not work, you are unable to 'Comment' on posts and some pages just don't open.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I think it may be v4.4.8.1000 or v4.4.8.2000,  because we also received similar feedbacks from other channels. Comments issue has been confirmed as a bug in these versions, but everything goes well with all later version.

So my suggestion is that you can try update your browser version to the latest one, which is v4.9.4.1000

Install version

http://dl.maxthon.com/mx4/mx4.9.4.1000.exe

MD5 ffbe74775bbe87dae0c5c2dfa9a708b0

Portable version

http://dl.maxthon.com/mx4/maxthon_portable_4.9.4.1000.7z

MD5 cd550d2418bdc6b8ccb3d30c201c120

Maybe you could make small update for 4.4 version to fix Facebook. ;)

Edit: Change User agent to IE11 and FB works but then I can't edit this post. :D Too bad.

Edited by Xahi4475
    Changed smile

9 hours ago, Xahi4475 said:

Maybe you could make small update for 4.4 version to fix Facebook. ;)

Edit: Change User agent to IE11 and FB works but then I can't edit this post. :D Too bad.

I have to say, you really help me find out a good answer to other users:D

As to 4.4 update, since the core and main frame of that is really too old, the product team may prefer releasing a 4.9 version, which has all features of 4.4, so this 4.9 version is also something like kind of update version 4.4.

How about this idea?

Hm, I understand, too bad. I will use version 4.4 until no more pages are loading with it.

The only reason why I use 4.4 and not 4.9 is really stupid reason but this is how I feel better and comfortable.

It's context menu, 4.9 has Chrome menu, wide long menu (included shortcuts) and 4.4 has original Maxthon narrow menu. Narrow menu is cute and comfortable or how to say.

:D

Have a great day!

4.4.png

4.9.png

On 10/13/2016 at 2:51 PM, Xahi4475 said:

Hm, I understand, too bad. I will use version 4.4 until no more pages are loading with it.

The only reason why I use 4.4 and not 4.9 is really stupid reason but this is how I feel better and comfortable.

It's context menu, 4.9 has Chrome menu, wide long menu (included shortcuts) and 4.4 has original Maxthon narrow menu. Narrow menu is cute and comfortable or how to say.

:D

Have a great day!

4.4.png

4.9.png

It's really interesting reason ;D

Besides, the FB comment problem has been fixed in v4.4 now. All FB issues are all big issues:D

BugMiss006, can you guess what menus are these? :D

They are myMX5 menus. I deleted shortkeys for Save As..., Print, Back, Forward, Refresh, Add to Maxnote etc. Only I miss F5 for Refresh but I'm fine, I use mouse guesture. :D 

Now I'm almost ready to make maxthon 5 my default browser. :D 

MX2.png

MX3.png

MX5 menu.png

14 hours ago, Xahi4475 said:

BugMiss006, can you guess what menus are these? :D

They are myMX5 menus. I deleted shortkeys for Save As..., Print, Back, Forward, Refresh, Add to Maxnote etc. Only I miss F5 for Refresh but I'm fine, I use mouse guesture. :D 

Now I'm almost ready to make maxthon 5 my default browser. :D 

MX2.png

MX3.png

MX5 menu.png

We can say, a better menu design may save one more user for Maxthon :titter:

• Like 1

• Pending = We are still working on this report.

Solved = The issue has been fixed and the resolution will be available in the recent version.

Closed = Feedback or opinion better posted on our forum for discussion.