• Embedde video and linked Audio playing in Ultra/Retro modes

Shlomo Blumberg
    • Solved

Hello,

I am using Maxthon 4.9.3.1000 with windows 7-64

I have the latest adobe flash - 23.0.0.162

When I am watching a web-page that have both - embedded videos from Youtube and Vimeo and also streaming audio using mplayer2 (media-player), I faced the following problem:

1. When in Ultra mode, all videos are playing well but when selecting link to audio file, I got an unrecognized plug-in situation and nothing heard

2. When I switch to Retro mode, the audio files are playing well but the videos not

How can I play both audio linked files and embedded videos without the need to change between Retro and Ultra

I can't an answer in the forums

One of the web-pages I faced the problem: http://www.razdolina.com/news.htm where you videos on the right and links to radio programs on the left of the web-page

Thanks in advance

Shlomo

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Hello, problem solved - Maxthon is a Chrome-based browser, therefore it is required to install the flash player that is the latest for chrome - while in the adobe flas download site, it is required to select Need Flash Player for a different computer? and then to choose FP23 for Opera and Chromium PPAPI and not FP23 for Firefox NPAPI or Internet Explorer Active X versions for your selected operating system.

It is pity that there is no one flash that handles all the above browsers...

16 minutes ago, Shlomo Blumberg said:

Hello, problem solved - Maxthon is a Chrome-based browser, therefore it is required to install the flash player that is the latest for chrome - while in the adobe flas download site, it is required to select Need Flash Player for a different computer? and then to choose FP23 for Opera and Chromium PPAPI and not FP23 for Firefox NPAPI or Internet Explorer Active X versions for your selected operating system.

It is pity that there is no one flash that handles all the above browsers...

Hi Shlomo,

I replied you in your previous post, but I'm glad that you have solved this problem by yourself :top:

However I experienced a different problem with you, as I described in that thread. Both video and audio play well with my retro-mode, but neither these two could be played in ultra-mode...

Thanks a lot for your assistance, now after installing the right flah, both audio and video are playing well both on Retro and Ultra modes.

But now I am facing a slow response of the browser to opening web-pages, and other actions I made such as marking mail in Gmail, etc. also when trying to save an expanded picture from Instegram or save a web-page, as an image, the browser crassed. I am going to check it now with Retro mode.

I checked in Retro mode, but the browser continue to crash, eigther in Retro or Ultra modes.

If you know how to solve this new problem, I will appreciate your assistance

Thanks

i.e. while trying to save as an image. While saving as a file, it is OK

2 hours ago, Shlomo Blumberg said:

Thanks a lot for your assistance, now after installing the right flah, both audio and video are playing well both on Retro and Ultra modes.

But now I am facing a slow response of the browser to opening web-pages, and other actions I made such as marking mail in Gmail, etc. also when trying to save an expanded picture from Instegram or save a web-page, as an image, the browser crassed. I am going to check it now with Retro mode.

I checked in Retro mode, but the browser continue to crash, eigther in Retro or Ultra modes.

If you know how to solve this new problem, I will appreciate your assistance

Thanks

i.e. while trying to save as an image. While saving as a file, it is OK

So this slow response only begins to happen after you install the new flash player? which flash? Have you tried cleaning the cache date?

Adobe flash 23.0.0.162

I cleared the cash - actually it is selectted to clear when closing the browser. It seems that the browser is slow only on startup - maybe because I have multiple tabs (33)

And what about the browser crashing when I try to save a web-page as an image?

Edited by Shlomo Blumberg

On 2016/9/22 at 4:48 PM, Shlomo Blumberg said:

Adobe flash 23.0.0.162

I cleared the cash - actually it is selectted to clear when closing the browser. It seems that the browser is slow only on startup - maybe because I have multiple tabs (33)

And what about the browser crashing when I try to save a web-page as an image?

Let me consult the dev and come back to you later...

Anybody else knows?

• Pending = We are still working on this report.

Solved = The issue has been fixed and the resolution will be available in the recent version.

Closed = Feedback or opinion better posted on our forum for discussion.