• Default Browser Advantages?

Chim
    • Solved

So yesterday I switched my default browser from Opera to Maxthon Cloud.  Out of curiosity, in a nutshell, just exactly what advantages come about from having made that switch?  What should work better, faster, more reliably or whatever with Maxthon Cloud now being the default browser?  What is superior now with Maxthon Cloud's functionality versus before the switch?

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Nothing will change.

Only thing that happens is that anytime a program requests a webpage to open or you click a web shortcut, Maxthon will open that page automatically.

Functionally nothing much more will change.

1 hour ago, 7twenty said:

Nothing will change.

Only thing that happens is that anytime a program requests a webpage to open or you click a web shortcut, Maxthon will open that page automatically.

and you will not be prompted by windows UAC

1 hour ago, 7twenty said:

Nothing will change.

He asked what advantage Maxthon has over Opera.

Ohhh, so then it's like when with those various programs that we install or uninstall and upon performing that action they then proceed to automatically bring up their website to be it give us more info or to toss us a survey ... now in my case it would be Maxthon Cloud with which their website would be automatically brought up.  Right?  Okay, it makes sense.

Thanks, 7twenty, Ody, Joemax. :top:

2 hours ago, Chim said:

Ohhh, so then it's like when with those various programs that we install or uninstall and upon performing that action they then proceed to automatically bring up their website to be it give us more info or to toss us a survey ... now in my case it would be Maxthon Cloud with which their website would be automatically brought up.  Right?  Okay, it makes sense.

Thanks, 7twenty, Ody, Joemax. :top:

no, not at all... Maxthon will not prompt you to open any webpage if you set it as your default browser. 

do you know what UAC is ? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_Account_Control

and file association ? http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/change-file-open-program#1TC=windows-7

as an example, if you don't set any browser to default, windows will ask you which application you want to open html files, and each time you will try to open an html file windows will prompt you again. Setting it as default will tell windows : always open those files with maxthon, don't ask me again.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Chim said:

so then it's like when with those various programs that we install or uninstall and upon performing that action they then proceed to automatically bring up their website to be it give us more info or to toss us a survey ... now in my case it would be Maxthon Cloud with which their website would be automatically brought up.  Right?

Correct. If you had Opera as default, then that would open in those instances.

Also everything that Ody said.

• Pending = We are still working on this report.

Solved = The issue has been fixed and the resolution will be available in the recent version.

Closed = Feedback or opinion better posted on our forum for discussion.