• about:blank error when logged in

skan2564126

When I start MX 4 portable 4.4.7.3000 unlogged , I can see start page with QA tiles. Everything is OK.
    Start new page, ctrl+n or open about:blank works fine.

But, when I login to my Passport account, there is only blank page with the title: mx://res/quick-access/index.htm
    How to fix it?

I returned to the MX4 because of problems with mx5beta2

Untitled20160825151709.jpg

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Hi, sorry for the inconvenience. Could you tell whether this problem appeared from the first time you start this version browser, or just from these days on? How long has it lasted?

If you want to a recommendation, actually V4.4.8.1000 is the most stable version according to the feedback from users. You can try that, and here is a link for you to install the previous version, which is more stable and ease to use:

Installer version:

http://dl.maxthon.com/mx4/mx4.4.8.1000.exe

MD5:  45ecc1dc82c0db74b08f0b2a6087a6f2

Portable version:

http://dl.maxthon.com/mx4/maxthon_portable_4.4.8.1000.7z

MD57f22066d263ef71348df4d4c0ef55d1

Besides, if you have problem or suggestion on MX5 beta, please also feel free to say out in related discussion. We will be glad to hear your voice to improve our product!

But, when I login to my Passport account, there is only blank page with the title: mx://res/quick-access/index.htm
    How to fix it?

What happens when you open a new tab (ctrl+t)?

What happens when you go to mx://newtab ?

8 hours ago, 7twenty said:

What happens when you open a new tab (ctrl+t)?

What happens when you go to mx://newtab ?

Ctrl-t - the same as on previous screenshot
    mx://newtab - Page not found  Error code 6 (net::ERR_FILE_NOT_FOUND)

I think that my problem started in MX5 (sometimes startpage has only search window and not tiles at all).
    In MX4 problem started after config sync from cloud. I guess that now I have
    some MX5 string in MX4 config (when loged in), something like bad link to file. 
    Because I can see start page, tiles etc, after logout.

On Friday, August 26, 2016 at 0:51 PM, BugMiss006 said:

Hi, sorry for the inconvenience. Could you tell whether this problem appeared from the first time you start this version browser, or just from these days on? How long has it lasted?

If you want to a recommendation, actually V4.4.8.1000 is the most stable version

The problem appeared after my few days with MX5, so I suppose, that MX5 replaced some string in config file which is synchronized via Maxthon Passport. The problem is only with my account. Instead of "New tab" with tiles, I get 
    blank page with "mx://res/quick-access/index.htm" tittle. Another accounts works fine.

I've tried 
    V4.4.8.1000 and there's no difference. 

If I only knew, which file or string replace...

PS.: I could replace QA tiles with aliases, but aliases also don't work for me, for years.

On 27/8/2016 at 6:17 PM, skan2564126 said:

I think that my problem started in MX5

I think that's the issue. Up until recently they used the same userdata folder, so if anything changed due to MX5 then it may be broken in MX4.

Not sure how you can fix that if it's been synced though. You already did a clean install which should have removed any local data, meaning the dodgy part is on the cloud and always gets synced.

You could try the "restore defaults" option (top right) in settings. But no guarantee that will fix the issue. And you'll have to restore all your settings again.

18 hours ago, skan2564126 said:

If I only knew, which file or string replace...

I think it's in some part that wouldn't be user accessible though. So even if you knew what part it doesn't mean it could be done.

18 hours ago, skan2564126 said:

PS.: I could replace QA tiles with aliases, but aliases also don't work for me, for years.

What doesn't work exactly?

Maybe it's time to start new account, after 9501 hours with this login...

About aliases. When I write an alias
     in address bar, I always get search engine results for the keyword.
    I've tried turning off and on aliases, clearing Smart Address Bar options.
    Nothing. My aliases doesn't work.

Edit: After clicking "Reset to defaults" aliases came back.
            I have to add them once again.

• Pending = We are still working on this report.

Solved = The issue has been fixed and the resolution will be available in the recent version.

Closed = Feedback or opinion better posted on our forum for discussion.