impossible to block this pop up

-ody-

7twenty replied at 2014-2-3 06:57 back.gif

hmmm I got the popup when I went to the site.

Did you do/add something to the rules or it just wasn ...

I think Tony is using an adblocker software, and I could try adfender as well.

but I would prefer to have an adhunter rule than to use a third party software.

sigmax.png

sigmax2.png

a workaround Oliver - i dont see it as that - its doing what it says it will do - its a commercial program - not cheap either :( - ad blocker or rules - if they worked would be a workaround imo - it works across all browsers as you would expect an additional installed program to do

maxthon specific stuff is just that - if things work great but change to another browser and its lost

Tony     -  Vivaldi 4 on Windows 10 64Bit

einherz replied at 2014-2-3 15:00 back.gif

maxthon's rules on this page

if you gote same rules but still see popups, so my admuncher block this ...

these are already in my rules..

this puzzles me : when the pop up window shows, then you can't do anything else, neither right click nor developers' tool..

sigmax.png

sigmax2.png

Try AdFender. http://www.adfender.com

It got some rules for Ad Blocker aware servers. (I mean how to handle servers who tries to detect whether the user is using an ad blocking software or not). it is a decent product.

I am a long time user of AdFender and very happy about it..

P.S. There are quite a lot Ad Blocking software's available in the market. It is your choice what you needs to use.

John.Smith replied at 2014-2-4 05:13 back.gif

It got some rules for Ad Blocker aware servers. (I mean how t ...

I think you don't get my point : I don't want to use any third party software as there is an inbuilt adhunter

i just want to get the right rule

if this kind of popup gets more frequent it's gonna be something devs should take into consideration

sigmax.png

sigmax2.png

tony. replied at 2014-2-3 13:53 back.gif

a workaround Oliver - i dont see it as that - its doing what it says it will do - its a commercial p ...

Yes workaround, because as odyssee said I prefer also an integrated solution. Why, because with a rules of Maxthon, this works on all configuration without other installed software, even with a portable version on a USB key!

Oliver One replied at 2014-2-4 07:27 back.gif

Yes workaround, because as odyssee said I prefer also an integrated solution. Why, because with a ...

but there will always be things the browser cannot do as web site owners try to defeat things like this - popups pay money and thats the key so they dont want them blocked - thats why programs like ad muncher update every 24 hours - its no different to AV software or thats how i look at it - thats not integrated for the same reasons - do you run with no AV and should that as roxana would have be part of maxthon

Today I remade tests with Admuncher, and the first time it did not block the popup! It should have been refreshed the page so that it functions.:o

PS : You can copy and paste the log of Admuncher!

tony. replied at 2014-2-4 11:32 back.gif

but there will always be things the browser cannot do as web site owners try to defeat things like ...

I don't quite agree : as there's an in built adhunter, it has to be effective, it's not like if I was asking for a new feature.

sigmax2.png

odyssee replied at 2014-2-4 11:03 back.gif

I don't quite agree : as there's an in built adhunter, it has to be effective, it's not like if I ...

it has to do its best and i guess it does - the site you visit wants poeple to see that ads so they try to be efficient also

its sort of catch22

Positronis replied at 2014-2-4 13:48 back.gif

I fixed it:

*.com/*

great ! many thanks

and to see the ratings :

@@|*polldaddy.com/ratings*

*.com/*

@@|*.png

@@|*.jpg

@@|*.jpeg

@@|*.gif

(I consider this a smart work around as we don't block the culprit : we block anything but what we want to see, which actually works fine !!)

sigmax2.png

(I consider this a smart work around as we don't block the culprit : we block anything but what we want to see, which actually works fine !!)

very clever until the next site that shows popups you dont want - each to their own - my solution works on all sites at the moment and across all browsers should i need to use something else

it also works for the non tech savvy and the millions of users who dont visit here - if its a universal fix is should be in the standard rules

tony. replied at 2014-2-4 21:14 back.gif

it has to do its best and i guess it does - the site you visit wants poeple to see that ads so the ...

I think it's more that Adfender/muncher are programs or addons of which there sole purpose is blocking ads. These dev's can work on making the filters almost perfect, while the Maxthon dev's are working on the browser as a whole, with AdHunter updated when possible.

I'd love for AdHunter to be as good as a dedicated program, and I think i've said just that in the past, but in reality unless they have a staff member whose job is to update AdHunter constantly the best we can do is hope that people share rules like this when they popup.

John.Smith replied at 2014-2-3 19:13 back.gif

It got some rules for Ad Blocker aware servers. (I mean how t ...

It is perfectly working fine for me and I am using 1.80 version of AdFender. Just verified personally visiting this site. I can find a javascript error on Chrome and Firefox.. (Not sure how to view Javascript error in maxthon).

Anyway whether to use AdFender or other piece of software is users choice.

Archived