New idea: Change skin color dynamically (Updated)

大笨狗

It's just an idea, but feasible. What a shame that the Maxthon SDK documented skin-flags.htm still don't work, else we can save the color or background that user selected.

Preview:

Download an example skin:

(Note: The skin file is removed because this thread is locked by system. If you want to download the file, ask the admins to unlock this thread.)

Update:

The above skin is a summative work of my recent tutorials and skin modifications, for those who just want testing the background changing feature can download the following skin:

Preview:

Download:

(Note: The skin file is removed because this thread is locked by system. If you want to download the file, ask the admins to unlock this thread.)

post-14548223-14315116019844_thumb.gif

post-14548223-14315116068425_thumb.gif

i think its interesting as a point of reference to whats possible as add ons to the skins - people may want it all but i somehow doubt it - but each individual thing can be added on its own to give what users want - the problem with that is that it will/could result in lots of requests for this feature or that as users will not take the time to learn how to do it themselves

so i wish 大笨狗 all the best and hope he is prepared for people asking - for me there are bits i would like to use - the skin colour being one in custom skins rather than stock skins so will be looking how thats done

Tony     -  Vivaldi 4 on Windows 10 64Bit

odyssee replied at 2014-1-21 18:53 back.gif

very interesting !! I like the ability to change the color.

@Ntzphyr : the skin selector gives me this option with official skins only, until now we were not able to change the colors of user's skins

sigmax.png

sigmax2.png

we still cannot change the colours of users skins unless they follow the layout of the official skin as the one above does - yes it has all sorts of bells and whistles but its still a standard skin at its core as it uses the standard method to form the bars - other user skins - mine - JarC's - Zorks snapper skin do it in a different way using graphics rather than colours so it would not work or i dont think it would - its an interesting exercise though to see if it will

loooping8 replied at 2014-1-22 05:00 back.gif

I must say im not able to do what the Maxthon China Member 大笨狗 in the International Maxthon Fo ...

i know english is not your first language but most of that is incomprehensible - i guess you dont know/see that as you translate it - but its a pretty pointless post apart from fawning to the OP

loopings with respect do you have to post everytime a post is added to a skin thread - fawning is not needed and maybe reading and understanding before the immediate urge to add something would make the posts you add more meaningful

i made no reference to the original being complete or otherwise - the problem is how the customised skin i used as an example - my skin - is formed - i fully understand its an idea - i took that idea and added it to MY SKIN just to see if it was possible

noting it was - nowhere near complete - but thats the fault of how things are in the skin - THATS MY SKIN

jeeezzzzzz :'(

loooping8 replied at 2014-1-22 15:05 back.gif

"i took that idea and added it to MY SKIN just to say it was possible"

so wy not post your skin fo ...

read back through all the earlier skin threads and you can answer that - but i will save you the time

my skin works for me - it is not complete for a number of reasons

1 - i do not use maximised mode so make no changes for that

2 - i do not test with any other OS than the one i am using - so again there can be errors

3 - its a work in progress - there are many errors - they do not bother me but anything posted as a skin should be complete

4 - i cannot be arse ed - i have posted complete skins in the past both here and on the old board and they result in a string of questions from people wanting changes - people cannot accept what there is

5 - its based on very old code - really the skin code for 3 - as an exercise it works for me but is wrong to put out as a finished skin

6 - other reasons i cannot think of

i have over time as the OP here done mods - people take them and like them - then they do not work because the devs change something so more questions on the board and by pm - if you want something - learn as i and others did - 2 years ago i had not a clue - still dont have much of one but i can do what i pretty much want with a skin now - others - you anybody should do the same - learn and do it

loooping8 replied at 2014-1-22 11:10 back.gif

So its ok Tony there are so many points you mention wy you can't show the skin for download up and ...

Thread has been taken off topic. Please start your own thread if you want to discuss further topics NOT related to this thread. Thank you.

post3dmg4_zps398d3651.jpgWindows 10 64-bit build 10525/Windows 10 Mobile build 10512