Maxthon Skins FAQ

Sleepytimez

Hello, sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this.

I just found Maxthon and I'm wondering if there are any skin files or modifications that would allow for tab wrapping to multiple lines?

From posts I've seen it seems like this feature was previously supported, but I can't seem to find it as a feature anywhere, so I was hoping it was something that could be done with skins.

Pharrox replied at 2014-4-26 14:21 back.gif

Hello, sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this.

I just found Maxthon and I'm wondering if ther ...

it can be done and you are correct that there were skins done for MX3 - its never been supported by Maxthon so the only hope is a skin - i dont think its ever been done in Mx4 as a finished skin

Tony     -  Vivaldi 4 on Windows 10 64Bit

Manny Carvalho replied at 2014-1-22 06:43 back.gif

I wonder if there are any skins that work in M4 with the tabs on the bottom.

Tabs on the bottom w ...

Not sure if this will work for you or not, but you might try this address:http://forum.maxthon.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=7864&fromuid=16488314

this talks about Maxthon 4 FAQ and one of the things was skins. I am new at this so I don't know if the "hyper link" will work or not; if it don't just copy and paste.

Manny Carvalho replied at 2014-1-22 06:43 back.gif

I wonder if there are any skins that work in M4 with the tabs on the bottom.

Tabs on the bottom w ...

I think my last post to you was a "bust" when I followed the link it didn't go to where it was supposed to. So I copied and pasted the appropriate section here. So maybe this helps better. You can also do a search for skins here on the site, I saw some cool ones yesterday, and I considering using one. My holdup is I don't know if I install it, and then decide I don't want to use it, how to go back to what I have now..

How to change your browser skin

Maxthon 4 was originally without skin support, but it has returned, yet again.

One way is to go to Menu > Skins. The appearing window is the Maxthon Skin Center. Here you just need to choose a skin and click Done.

The other way you can reach this dialog is the shirt button at the right end of the tab bar.

You also can download skins from http://skin.maxthon.com/. You just need to select I I Apply on the skin when you chose the one you need. After the skin is downloaded you will be asked if you want to apply the skin or you will switch later.

Can I change the location of the tab bar?

The browser currently doesn't support this change with an option, but you can try one of the built-in skins, named Tab on Bottom (MX Classic) which actually does what its name says, moves the tab bar to the bottom of the window. You If this is not what you want, please check our Skin Center for other skins. For changing skins, see the How to change your browser skin section.

Archived