Open Google search extension

GG58

Hi, I'm new to extensions and wanted to ask if there is an extension that will open up a Google search page.

Also, is there a way to make a favorite an extension instead of opening favorites as my Links bar is to long.

Thanks in advance.

Hi and welcome to the forum ggenel :)

The answer to both questions is yes and no and why.

1. Yes, Maxthon has a feature called "Maxthon Dock", it is essentially the side bar placed on your desktop, it opens when you boot your pc and acts as any desktop shortcut. When activated you can make an "extension" from any site you visit, simply click the fav star in the addressbar and click side bar icon.

No, this form of extension is only available with Maxthon dock activated. All "extensions" created in this manner are hidden when using regular sidebar. There is no true extension for Google Search(yet??).

Why do you want or need a "google search" extension when you can search google directly from either the address bar or search bar? Using the search bar with google as default searches google directly even offering suggestions. Searching from the address bar allows you to search google directly regardless of default search engine by typing "g" and then you query.

Another method of accessing "Google Search is from the Quick Access page, click the plus(+) icon on the tab bar and there it is, click Google and you're there! :)

2. Yes, using the method described above any favorite can be used as an extension with "Maxthon Dock"

No, again these type of 'extensions' are not avaialble on the regular side bar. For the regular side bar extensions you'll have to rely on the Maxthon community or yourself to create a specific extension.

Why do you need an extension for a regular site when Maxthon offers URL aliases, simply assign a url alias to any site and typing that alias in the address bar and enter key will open up your site directly. The possibilities are literally endless.

Regarding Links bar, you are aware any folder can be displayed on the horizontal favorites bar while retaining both upper favorites button and regular side bar favorites?

And I won't even bring up Maxthon Multi-Search where you can search google directly while simultaneously searching any/all other search engine(s) without any further input from you. Ooops, I guess I just did.....

post-7385961-14315112064613_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the help I appreciate it. I wanted something where i don't have to remember alias so it would be nice to just click on the sidebar and it would free up room on the Links bar unless the Links bar can have 2 rows.

Archived