AdBlock for Maxthon Cloud

As I browse around i see that mostly every browser has Adblock such as Google Chrome,Safari,Internet Explorer, and even Opera I really hope the developers make AdBlock for Maxthon Cloud because by now everyone know that ads are annoying and very irritating on everyday sites we use such as YouTube and many social networks there are a few good extensions for Maxthon Cloud that relate to blocking ads but they don't actually block them they are only there in the future i hope that there are an inspiring team of experts who can eliminate ads from sites I use everyday for my entertainment and don't have to deal with "SKIP AD" buttons or be forced to watch ads for video games,bad movies,company products,and promotional ads I prefer my sites Ad free not annoyingly outragerous

Thank you :handshake

Sumitgupta replied at 2013-8-19 03:15 back.gif

Try AdFender it works good, it will just block all incoming advt. coming to your system from interne ...

You know what's better than AdFender? Not going online!

You guys are glossing over the question by providing an application that required installation and background running/resources even when you aren't going online(unlike addon's/extensions). I too would like what was suggested, or an ability to import filters from the filter websites that are used.

OP: I would suggest asking adblock plus creators, or adblock edge creator to attempt this then asking people that will suggest a work around than a solution.

StopSpazzing replied at 2013-8-24 18:48 back.gif

You guys are glossing over the question b ...

it's easier to complain than to just use what you can get.

You should be grateful there's something. FYI, addons take up extra CPU.

You also might wanna know there's a NoAds extension.

If you don't like my Adfender suggestion, then you don't have to use it, but you don't have to complain to everyone. It's basically adblockplus but as a separate program. I see no difference. An addon works in almost the same way, except it plugs into the browser. It's not a work-around, it's a solution.

FYI, there are a bunch of other threads, where I've suggested adfender long times ago, I'm surprised it's finally catching on.

cooltext.png

StopSpazzing replied at 2013-8-24 15:48 back.gif

You guys are glossing over the question b ...

I would suggest thats a better option to go for installation, instead of adding and using addon for its browser.

I am a Testing guy, i have 5 browsers to work upon on daily basis. So for me, if you ask... it is very good, as i do not need to add up addon on every browsers to block these ads.

Just think about it.

Imanerd replied at 2013-8-24 15:54 back.gif

it's easier to complain than to just use what you can get.

You should be grateful there's somethi ...

"If you don't like my answer, ignore it". This kind of mentality is not good. Even I thought adfender was an addon. I don't like installing unnecessary programs on my PC. So do many others. The reason for this confusion is because you didn't mention adfender was app to be installed on PC. This is not a right solution. You are only misguiding people. Why should I install an app that keeps running always? Maybe I want to play a game (high end). Then what? Won't my performace degrade? You could as well patch your host files. But these are not flexible solutions.

Vijyes replied at 2013-8-30 10:48 back.gif

"If you don't like my answer, ignore it". This kind of mentality is not good. Even I thought adfen ...

to first mention, I was speaking to StopSpazzing...no offense.

no I was simply stating better judgement of conversation.....complaints are not good. Criticism yes, complaints no, especially if people are already handing you a solution.

And if one searches the term adfender into duckduckgo or google, it'd be self-explanitory from there-on-out that it's a program, not an add-on. All it takes is one search on the web.

And true, there's that: that's why I optimize. For every application you install and set to autorun, disable one more unnecessary windows service like bluetooth unless you need it, in which case you can, for instance, disable windows updates, or upgrade your graphics driver if there's an update, or if you know how to use the cmd prompt or regedit, tweak some things. Just some of the trade-offs I use. I run TONS of programs - 103 processes is the average. I still have a faster computer than my sister and my parents, yet they have not only more ram, and an i7 processor as opposed to my mere pentium, but they also still have ONLY the default software packages installed. I have everything BUT or along with those pre-packaged ones. The end message is: it can be done, you just need to know WHAT to tweak, and well, unlike my non-existent cautions, actually be careful in the process . Plus most modern systems can handle it. Even some older ones can as well, even speaking of without personally-done optimizations.

I'm not alienating anyone intentionally, and I am sorry if you feel the way you do about my previous statement, but all I can say is: the truth is necessary, without being too brash. I was being neither brash nor untruthful. I was simply stating what has needed to be said. And there's a lot of that going on on the forums....I've seen enough of it; almost surely if not hopefully most could sympathize/empathize. I just don't like candy-coating (well, EXCEPT for ACTUAL candy-coating. THAT I love).

As I've said already, you're entitled to feel the way you do as is everyone...but if solutions have been given, regardless of whether or not you or someone else or anybody sees it as an actual solution, you can't blame us for trying to help. That is what people so far have done: we've helped as we can. We can't invent an imaginary system. It is what it is. We can only offer what IS, not what is NOT. Only the devs can improve upon the software itself. The community might provide an addon, or a mod, but you've said yourself, and I actually agree with you on this in particular, that it's better to have native support than relying on an extra piece of weight running javascript on every page. The only other thing is a mod, but no one has, as far as I know, ever modded the adhunter system in regards to actual coding. Only in terms of making the rules for sites to add in the GUI of Maxthon.

The devs package adhunter into Maxthon. It uses some of the adblockplus rules. Remember also, you might have to "subscribe to global rules" by clicking on the icon in the bottom-right corner and picking that from the menu. If it's not toggled-on, that might explain why you could be seeing ads. Tell me if this works, please.

cooltext.png

Archived