SaveFrom, from the toolbar/sidebar; Click to Download

Imanerd

tony. replied at 2013-6-28 09:45 back.gif

useful but its not showing in toolbar for me

because you're presumably using Mx4.

Shows in the toolbar for mx3 and sidebar for mx4. That dynamically-compatible variability can be done by setting the entry point to just toolbar. It's interpreted differently by the two, so it shows where it should, without having to put it in both. Found this out a long while ago.

see screenshots.

post-11018970-14315111162904_thumb.jpg

post-11018970-14315111162955_thumb.jpg

cooltext.png

Imanerd replied at 2013-6-28 15:47 back.gif

because you're presumably using Mx4.

Shows in the toolbar for mx3 and sidebar for mx4. That dynam ...

i know all that - but you made no reference to the fact it would not show on the toolbar on MX4

you said

Click the icon on the toolbar or Sidebar from the current page

and as this place is predominately MX4 maybe a clearer explanation would have been better

that said it can be made to show in MX4 toolbar but at the loss of one of the other addons

Tony     -  Vivaldi 4 on Windows 10 64Bit

tony. replied at 2013-6-28 10:10 back.gif

i know all that - but you made no reference to the fact it would not show on the toolbar on MX4

I've said toolbar or sidebar. Plus I had figured once someone who installs it, sees it on their sidebar or toolbar, it'd be self-explanitory.

Perhaps that STILL could have been clearer, I will admit in retrospect, sorry.

And yes, but it'd require some modding. Since THIS is my addon, and those MODS are NOT, I would not plausibly be able to release one that shows it in the toolbar reliant on a mod that is not globally used and/or standard .

cooltext.png

Imanerd replied at 2013-6-28 16:14 back.gif

I've said toolbar or sidebar.

Perhaps that STILL could have been clearer, I will admit in retrosp ...

fully agree with the last part - they have their head in the sand on toolbar addons - why i have no idea and nobody has given a good explanation other than the guid's for the toolbar are embedded - as a system that seems poor but i understand Jeff has decided addons go in the sidebar/dock - great except many do not like or use the sidebar/dock - flexibility has been lost for reasons that make no sense

tony. replied at 2013-6-28 10:20 back.gif

fully agree with the last part - they have their head in the sand on toolbar addons - why i have n ...

that wasn't my point, except that it means my extension may not work for those with that mod, if I were to change code.

Your point, however, I think I agree, but I am not as focused on the GUIDs in the toolbar as a problem, as much as the toolbar being re-added entirely, to compliment the sidebar like in Mx3. That's one of my biggest beefs with Mx4.

I love Maxthon, including Mx4, but I will admit there are faults that keep me from turning over to it FULL-time instead of PART-time.

Needless to say, I'm not a fan of the sidebar, but I was of the toolbar.

I'm still, though, and always will be, a Maxthon fan. That will never change. I am an undying patriot.

cooltext.png

tony. replied at 2013-6-28 07:20 back.gif

fully agree with the last part - they have their head in the sand on toolbar addons - why i have n ...

Imagine if you will a day when computers become little more than a wide slim slab of touch sensitive screen being held with a single hand, most will use the left to hold it and right hand for gestures and other interactions. Now imagine if it were possible to open a site or addon directly under your left thumb, simple and quick, and then you will begin to understand why all five users who don't use the side bar may reconsider.

joemax replied at 2013-6-28 18:16 back.gif

Imagine if you will a day when computers become little more than a wide slim slab of touch sensiti ...

imagine what you want - but thats not what we have today across all platforms - also touch screen is by no means universal - what we have today is what the browser should be configuring - plus there should be choice - many may like the dock - many do not - by excluding addons from the toolbar is not giving choice

and what 5 users are they - and what about lefties - the dock is on the left - its in the wrong place for them

tony. replied at 2013-6-28 12:21 back.gif

imagine what you want - but thats not what we have today across all platforms - also touch screen ...

with that I agree.

Sidebar is good to have for those people who like it; but it doesn't hurt anything by adding a tiny bit of extra code to include a toolbar.

I understand how the sidebar could be good, but having BOTH, isn't taking AWAY the sidebar; it's simply including that AND another.

Only taking away the sidebar and letting in the toolbar would be detrimental to the choice, but it's just reverse when you take away the other and leave in the first.

I have ALWAYS been Maxthon's biggest fan (sorry, no.1Maxthonfan), and this certainly doesn't change that, but I still feel this needs critiquing.

cooltext.png

joemax replied at 2013-6-28 19:06 back.gif

You're right, maybe there will be an option to move the sidebar to the left someday.

do you have your computer in front of a mirror

tony. replied at 2013-6-28 13:10 back.gif

do you have your computer in front of a mirror

I've just realized there IS an official bookmarklet by SaveFrom.Net.

Unfortunately, I am PROUD of my lackluster javascript skills producing something so fulfilling to my personally overbloated ego, to give that up for it. Besides, I had FIRST created one very similar to theirs, it seems, where it opens in a new window, but while the bookmarklet version worked, as an extension, it had gotten caught in the pop-up blocker. I will presume theirs does the SAME. I've already made this as a workaround.

cooltext.png

Totally missed the OP because no "New" button is available from "New Threads" This should be the first thing fixed in the forum other wise all you see are the latest when clicking the time underneath user.

Thanx, this a cool addon Ima :)

Archived