What's wrong with Extensions Center?

A.S.

Did you miss me? Because I'm here and I will grumble... Again!

What happened to your Extensions Center? After years of controversy, we finally realized that users really need extensions. But if you browsers does not have extensions what you users need, it does not mean you can just forget about the extensions that already exist. Does not matter what do we think ab out the browser, does not matter what the developers want to do with the browser, there are too many users who love it and will use even if Maxthon close the project. And this people probably would like to use the extensions.

Maxthon's Extensions Center does not work:

1. Users can not write reviews. Just check any extension page - last comment was written in February 2018, almost 2 years ago. I'm almost sure this is because of Mining Go and referral links/codes. I think Maxthon tried to stop all this spam and just close all comments. But why did you do this for all gallery, not for Mining Go page only? Sometimes we need a feedback, but you took that opportunity away from us.
  2. Where are all updates? There are not so many extensions for Maxthon, but I can not believe that no one developer has made any update for his extension. Just check Recently Updated - the last update is Shopping Assistant - August 1, 2019. The developer of SaveTube and ViewTube made several updates this autumn, updates for Maxthon is already done and uploaded, but still not available for users. When Twitter released new UI, I updates my mxaddon, but it is still not available too.
  3. Even if Maxthon fix the issues, the communication on Extensions Center is broken. There is no way to inform the developer about a problem with his extension: even if you write w comment/review, he will never see that. There is no notifications for developers. And if you like an extension, you can not see other extension from the developer.

We don't know you plans, but almost every you user can explain what we want to see and what you should do.If you close Extensions Center (as you did for Skins Center), it will be very bad for the browser, the community and every your user. Come on!

• Like 2

all good points but no one seems to be listening - the browser is dying/dead with a conspiracy of silence from Maxthon - unless Jeff can release something that is ground breaking as MyIE was then we all need to find another browser 

• Like 1
Tony     -  Vivaldi 4 on Windows 10 64Bit