MX5 PC Official Release 5.3.8.2000

BugSir006

is that not over a year old - not into the versions so i may be way off beam - Vivaldi is running on 78.0.3904.67 which i assume is much newer if only by the version number

Tony     -  Vivaldi 4 on Windows 10 64Bit

1 minute ago, Ldfa said:

thanks - they really have lost the plot it would seem - how can they continue along the lines they are - 6 is coming we are told - unless they change their methodology they need not bother it seems to me

theres a comment somewhere that its a work in progress from Geoff i think or attributed to him - apart from that i have seen nothing

but when have Maxthon ever said much about anything - it will happen or not and i guess will be as 5 a continued WIP until they think its time for 7

Thanks. Let's try this one, even if the core is still one year old older...

EDIT: just tried out this new version of maxthon. I want to be honest with you guys. I had to switch back to the oldest version because after opening 6 or 7 tabs, maxthon began to glitch and to slow down and crashed dwm.exe (Like seriously ????). That's ridiculous. It's unstable. And this problem is still there!!

8 hours ago, stifani said:

EDIT: just tried out this new version of maxthon. I want to be honest with you guys. I had to switch back to the oldest version because after opening 6 or 7 tabs, maxthon began to glitch and to slow down and crashed dwm.exe (Like seriously ????). That's ridiculous. It's unstable. And this problem is still there!!

Don't worry, in a month or so, they release version 5.3.8.2xxx Beta, to fix this stable version :p

As for version 6, in my humble opinion (I hope I'm wrong, seriously), I don't think it's going to be built, it's hard enough for them to get versions and fixes of these last ones, as to dedicate time to start a new project.

What's more, the big support has always come from this community, where is it?, then in better places, obviously :(

i think 6 will happen in that a version will be released as Mx6 - whether it will be different is the key question - just as 4 was abandoned when the release number increased to 5 then 5 will suffer a similar fate imo 

as to what 6 will be - well thats the big question - this new core is over a year old - how can they think thats good enough and why work on something so old to release it now

• 4 weeks later...

released on 25th Oct - thats 5 weeks ago - has nothing been fixed in that time thats worth sharing - a core thats over a year old - bugs that are many years old

it would seem the project is dead 

is any one from Maxthon going to comment @BugSir006

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Can anyone check if they can open https://wetransfer.com in 5.3.8.2000 ? I'm still using 5.2.7.5000 because I didn't want to upgrade after reading the comments above, but recently that website stopped opening in my Maxthon so I'm wondering if only my MX version is affected or the latest official one as well. For me it opens with a blank (white) page. Thanks.

• 1 month later...

"The desktop icon of Maxthon browser is abnormal"

This message is appearing on my Windows XP computer where I have the shortcut in my Quick Launch bar and it works just fine. But that message keeps appearing every so often and it is annoying. Is there a way to permanently turn it off (not just "Later") ?

16 hours ago, Perplexer said:

"The desktop icon of Maxthon browser is abnormal"

This message is appearing on my Windows XP computer where I have the shortcut in my Quick Launch bar and it works just fine. But that message keeps appearing every so often and it is annoying. Is there a way to permanently turn it off (not just "Later") ?

Hi Perplexer, I tried to test this issue in v5.3.8.2100 but haven't reproduced. So I recommend you to install it and uncheck "create desktop shortcut." 

Download link. https://dl.maxthon.com/mx5/mx5.3.8.2100-beta.exe

uncheck create desktop shortcut.png

Archived