Get Up MAXTHON !

I want to talk about the situation of the big browser, called maxthon. I'm tired of writing, but I will do it one more time.
This browser has a lot of potential. But unfortunately, developers, perhaps, are not encouraged. That's why I leave my humble suggestion. People who wish to use a maxthon passport can pay or make a donation per year ($ 5 box). Then, we will have a stronger, more secure browser. It is time to act and let think a lot. REPITO IS TIME TO ACT. Those who believe in maxthon as I do. Count on my donation. 

I DON'T WANT TO SPEAK MORE, WE WANT RESULTS.

NOTE. To make payments easy to receive (maxthon company). Open account in Paypall, Skrill, * Wester Union (Latin America) * , ect ect western-union-ou-paypal.gif

I don't want to use Maxthon Passport. I want to be able to use Lastpass, Roboform, etc. and for that I might decide to pay.

I stopped using Maxthon when Roboform Lite finally stopped working in v5.1.3.2000 about 2-3 months ago. I never trusted to or used  Maxthon Passport and I only used guest mode.

Now I'm Vivaldi user with hope that Maxthon might be back on track someday. So far future doesn't look bright.

3 hours ago, -ody- said:

I'm waiting for maxthon 6, hopefully with an updated core, and ability to use chrome extensions. 

let's hope it won't come too late....

6 is said to be coming - will it be too late - i think it probably will for the majority of international users who seem to have all but abandoned Maxthon if this place is anything to go by - Chinese users may support it which i think has been the target user for a long time

as to contributing - why? - what has Maxthon got that the many other browsers out there cannot offer with a little work - imo Maxthon has 2 feet stuck in the past - unless 6 uses a standard core that will continue and if it does then its just another browser of which there is endless choice

it seems to me Maxthon as we know it is dead - it will take something special to change that and past history tells us that wont happen - we have had addons and initiatives that no one wants that were there to attract users - i want to be wrong but i dont see anything changing

if Jeff was interested then he would comment - he is conspicuous by his absence as are all at Maxthon

we should plan a wake and be happy for what Maxthon was and move on

Tony     -  Vivaldi 4 on Windows 10 64Bit

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/9/2019 at 2:18 AM, Tony said:

6 is said to be coming - will it be too late - i think it probably will for the majority of international users who seem to have all but abandoned Maxthon if this place is anything to go by - Chinese users may support it which i think has been the target user for a long time

as to contributing - why? - what has Maxthon got that the many other browsers out there cannot offer with a little work - imo Maxthon has 2 feet stuck in the past - unless 6 uses a standard core that will continue and if it does then its just another browser of which there is endless choice

it seems to me Maxthon as we know it is dead - it will take something special to change that and past history tells us that wont happen - we have had addons and initiatives that no one wants that were there to attract users - i want to be wrong but i dont see anything changing

if Jeff was interested then he would comment - he is conspicuous by his absence as are all at Maxthon

we should plan a wake and be happy for what Maxthon was and move on

I stopped using Maxthon when it became a Standalone Browser, rather than a "Shell" as it started out as aka Maxthon Classic.

- It became bloaty.
- Extension support died, and you could no longer easily make your own extensions.
- I don't like the new link selection screen on browser open, it's missing select all/unselect all links or something, can't remember now.

I now have to use 360Chrome to get most of the Maxthon features I like:

• Drag and Drop,
  • settings to control how Tabs and Favorites open,
  • Tab Bar below the Address and Favorites Bars just above the page so the Tab looks like it's part of the actual page instead of on top of the browser which is a pain,
  • you have lots of Extensions to choose from (you can use Googles Extentions), etc.

Though, am missing a couple of liked features, I miss

• saving Notes,
  • the Popup so you can select what Tabs/Pages you want to open on Browser Start,
  • Sniffer, etc.

I hate Google Chrome because they refuse to add the above BASIC features (at least the Drag/Drop and various Tabs/Favorites features), requiring an Extension for every little feature, which some are now gone and when they were there they made the browser more of a hog and crashy, and the Browser is just made like crap, cause it for YEARS likes to just "crash".

I'm hoping that Microsoft Chromium will finally add the Basics so I can use a Western-based browser (or doesn't have the poor programmers 360Chrome has that much of the browser is still in Chinese), and then have plenty of Extensions to choose from for non-basic needs.

I would like it to be Maxthon, but they went the wrong way not being a Chromium-based browser, so can't use Chrome Extensions and developers would ensure they also worked in Maxthon given there are so many.  If they changed to the Chromium core, I might come back even if Microsoft adds most of the needed features to their browser, Maxthon would still just be BETTER due to their few extras.

So, if Maxthon is going to be saved THIS is what they are going to have to do.

Anyway, I pop in on occasion to see how they are doing.  But just sad now.
I've tried Maxthon Classic over the years, it's amazing how FAST it is.  They likely should have stuck with it.

So, I think I echo many people as to what I've listed why Maxthon is dying and what would save it.

• 2 weeks later...

I excitedly downloaded Maxthon 5.3.8.2000 but was horribly disappointed in the graphical errors such as poor quality in YouTube videos; I never had this issue with the earlier Maxthon version before this one...another being notable lines visible when I played certain games online too.

There are other issues but one reason I used Maxthon is because it is one of the few browsers I can use on Windows XP (seriously, I just cannot afford to update/upgrade my computer for the foreseeable future) but with the lack of extension variety especially when it comes to ad-blockers and a poorly designed extension site and lack development, I really don't want to have to abandon Maxthon as I like to use a couple depending on the situation.

At any rate I really would like to see a stable version of Maxthon being deployed, I like using it as a portable (standalone) browser and I do like it overall but..well, I just would like to see the next release be more stable and usable.

I am not a software or web developer nor am I particularily technically minded but I don't really think it is that much to ask that the basic functions be reliable nor do I think it too much to ask that we have a choice in usable extensions on a site that is organized better.

Anyways..I still like Maxthon but I was a bit disappointed in the 5.3.8.2000 version

Archived