New version of maxthon ??

Any roadmap to go to 5.3.9.xx (o 5.4.xxx) with more modern blink core?

MaxthonSnap20190813134157.png

We have been with the beta since February, with core 69.xx, and without being stable, it is already too old and surely full of security holes. 

Of the stable version, almost better not to mention how old the core is

MaxthonSnap20190813134353.png

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/13/2019 at 6:44 AM, pantantrollo said:

Any roadmap to go to 5.3.9.xx (o 5.4.xxx) with more modern blink core?

MaxthonSnap20190813134157.png

We have been with the beta since February, with core 69.xx, and without being stable, it is already too old and surely full of security holes. 

Of the stable version, almost better not to mention how old the core is

MaxthonSnap20190813134353.png

You are brave to tell the truth.

17 hours ago, Tony said:

i think its dead - maybe they are working on maxthon 6 - as sure as hell they will tell us nothing 

i think the new version is called vivaldi 

Definitely. This place has become only a breeding ground for spammers. Just look at the 1st 14 new applications on the Member List and you will see they are all spammers. What a shame. I don't know why I even monitor it anymore. I don't even use Maxthon anymore. Old habits are hard to get rid of, I guess.

post3dmg4_zps398d3651.jpgWindows 10 64-bit build 10525/Windows 10 Mobile build 10512

11 minutes ago, No.1MaxthonFan said:

Definitely. This place has become only a breeding ground for spammers. Just look at the 1st 14 new applications on the Member List and you will see they are all spammers. What a shame. I don't know why I even monitor it anymore. I don't even use Maxthon anymore. Old habits are hard to get rid of, I guess.

you should let them sort it No1 - bugsir has little else to do here - but i guess they would not bother so the place might even look busy!

Tony     -  Vivaldi 4 on Windows 10 64Bit

5 hours ago, Tony said:

you should let them sort it No1 - bugsir has little else to do here - but i guess they would not bother so the place might even look busy!

Yeah, maybe you are right. I guess I won't bother anymore and as you say, "let them sort it" Let the place fill up with spam.

post3dmg4_zps398d3651.jpgWindows 10 64-bit build 10525/Windows 10 Mobile build 10512

35 minutes ago, Kilmatar said:

The only thing is stopped me to migrate to Vivaldi is Passkeeper.

Is there any ways to move all this data to any Vivaldi addon or something like that?

not that i know of - i think its something you have to do manually - from what i have seen of vivaldi its worth the effort 

2 hours ago, Kilmatar said:

The only thing is stopped me to migrate to Vivaldi is Passkeeper.

Take a look at the new Edge Beta. It's quite nice and I now have it as my default browser. The only thing I use Maxthon for now are the passwords.  Once that is all taken care of, I'll be gone.

I tested Vivaldi and new Edge.

Vivaldi is very acceptable to me (Only passkeeper needs to be resolved. Does anyone asked on Vivaldi forums for passkeeper converter?)

New Edge still lacks some functions but it is good. Will keep attention on them. While Edge is in beta I can accept that opening only 1 page with youtube leads to 6 processes and total of 512MB of RAM used. 

4 hours ago, Kilmatar said:

(Only passkeeper needs to be resolved. Does anyone asked on Vivaldi forums for passkeeper converter?)

Highly doubt that would happen. Pretty slim chance someone would have gone to that effort for a browser as small as MX. Another reason why sticking with the big5 is good, as there's generally some degree of common data exchange between them.

Apparently someone found a hacky way to manually copy them. So you'll have all your passwords, but will just have to manually enter them. Will post the info if i can find it.

seems to me a poor reason not to move - the hack may well work - not tried it as i have never trusted maxthon passkeeper so have no passwords to transfer from it - but its a one time effort to manually transfer all the passwords or just start again as you log into sites with passkeeper passwords - most [all?] sites have password reset - use that

maxthon is/has become yesterdays browser as long as it continues down the path it has chosen imo - if and when 6 arrives with i assume a standard core it has a mountain to climb - in china it might still have a following - that seems to have almost gone elsewhere

A few words from me. I still use Max for one reason only - I can fully customize the interface as I like. Everything. No browser allows this, as only Max is based on HTMLayout / Sciter. Vivaldi can also be modified, but not so. In addition, it has no less bugs than Max. And it is also being developed by 2.5 people. I do not see an alternative yet. Unless you get used to the Cent interface...

3 hours ago, zork said:

A few words from me. I still use Max for one reason only - I can fully customize the interface as I like. Everything. No browser allows this, as only Max is based on HTMLayout / Sciter. Vivaldi can also be modified, but not so. In addition, it has no less bugs than Max. And it is also being developed by 2.5 people. I do not see an alternative yet. Unless you get used to the Cent interface...

maxthon and vivaldi - modding the Vivaldi UI is not as easy for me at least as its js rather than HDML - but its no less configurable than MX if you know js or use their support which is good - as to the development tem are you saying two and a half people or 25 - whichever how is that relevant - the impression is the the development team of MX is a couple of studends doing the odd hour now and again - sure thats not true bur-t input from any team is conspicuous by its absence 

all software is bugged and never complete i am told by Jeff - the key thing surely is if those bugs matter

max.jpg

viv.jpg

Maxthon Team, 

Do not you leave this great project, I love maxthon, mates !  I love theirs features, are fantastic.  I have supported you (mxteams) for some years.
I like maxthon, I say it sincerely.
Just be innovative, don't let maxthon die.
Take surveys, my sincere wishes for Jeff.
I go back and repeat it, maxthon has a lot of potential. 

15 hours ago, Galileusz said:

Yes, it's from the telegram on the group about LVTC: https://t.me/Livesone

Thx

8 hours ago, -ody- said:

Jeff told us about it several weeks ago. I still use maxthon, but I'm  ready to move to edge canary or vivaldi in case it really dies. At the moment, I'm not able to give up.

I also continue to use it, at least with web pages without the least importance in terms of security, but for the web of banking entities, public administrations and everything that involves some kind of sensitive exchange of information, no, at least until it is updated the cores with the latest security patches that are applied to the chromiun core

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, -ody- said:

despite all I read, maxthon is still working fine for me, it fits all my needs, there's no reason to change at this point.

let's see what mx 6 will bring !

i agree with that in many ways - and my new browser of choice leaves a few things that i miss BUT - the core is up to data and is updated as soon as a new one is issued not months later - that must be better for security

some addons - especially adblockers are better and fully up to date and there is choice

i have worked out the UI on Vivaldi so changes are possible to what i want

so have changed but will continue to look here for 6 and see what that brings to the table

I used to use Maxthon 5.2.7.5000 (or something) and I liked it but there were things I was getting tired of such as the certificate thing and the video playback on youtube always started out a tad..choppy.

I use a browser that is a off-shoot of Palemoon (MyPalemoon)  because it works on XP (can't afford a new operating system) and I like the interface a bit better.

Also..Palemoon starts up quicker and doesn't leave behind so many files behind. I'd hate to see the Maxthon project die because it is one of the few browsers that work for those of us who cannot afford the luxury of buying a new operating system or computer, for that matter.

Archived