BugSir006

MX5 PC Beta Release 5.3.8.1300

9 posts in this topic

Hey Maxers, 

Welcome to having a try of the brand new release!

Version 5.3.8.1300

For the full release note and changelog: click here

Also available on Maxthon's official website

http://www.maxthon.com/mx5/beta/

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

TOTAL CRASH!!! Install portable version provides partial loose maxnote data including useable links. Sure, you don't know how to restore it now... THANK you, MX-team! Every newest version make me vote for OPERA!

Edited by dezinto
1 person likes this

6 hours ago, dezinto said:

TOTAL CRASH!!! Install portable version provides partial loose maxnote data including useable links. Sure, you don't know how to restore it now... THANK you, MX-team! Every newest version make me vote for OPERA!

Hi Dezinto, you mean the Maxnote data didn't sync properly? Or you just pasted the user data folder to v5.3.8.1300? Could you describe the steps caused this issue?

1 person likes this

Last half of year I used portable MX. With every new version I need to DELETE UserData folder. Leaving it in inst.folder causes very SLOW start of MX or hanging it. Usually sync. finished normal, last time it taken 10 min. and incomplete. 

1 person likes this

On 7/24/2019 at 6:04 PM, dezinto said:

Last half of year I used portable MX. With every new version I need to DELETE UserData folder. Leaving it in inst.folder causes very SLOW start of MX or hanging it. Usually sync. finished normal, last time it taken 10 min. and incomplete. 

When you try a BETA release, you take some risks.... Pick wisely.

I always use portable versions...
the trick is simply TO COPY (no to move) the UserData folder to the new browser's folder.

Then you try BOTH versions for a couple of days, so you'll not risk anything going back to the oldest.

I'm actually using the 5.3.8.1300 and that's very fast.

The only thing is that my UsedData folder is getting bigger (800MB) so it has a slow starting.

This is getting a little bit ridiculous guys. For how long are you gonna go beta with this version ? (even if it's not that important having beta versions, at least for me)

And why you can't merge 5.3.8 (with new chromium kernel, which is version 69.something.something and today (Aug, 3th) is still old since the latest is 78.0.3874.0) with older version 5.2.7 (which has ancient chromium kernel) ? Because maintaing 2 different builds with 2 different engines, it's a pain in the ass

I really don't get this way of approach. I'm not criticizing, but as an old user and huge fan of Maxthon since the old days i just want to share my thoughts :)

tnx

7 hours ago, stifani said:

maintaing 2 different builds with 2 different engines, it's a pain in the ass

Why are you trying to maintain 2 different builds? The 5.3.8 series is for testing only and is only betas. If you are not into testing, then just use the 5.2.7 series final version. And just what version of 5.3.8 are you using: install or portable? If you are trying to install both series, you are only asking for trouble.I only use portable versions for betas (actually now use portable for all installations) as they are all inclusive in their folder and don't use the Roaming\Maxthon5 folder for data storage, which both would use if installed. The question I have for them is why are the 5.3.8 series versions available to the general public and not just for testers? 

9 hours ago, rick.lane said:

Why are you trying to maintain 2 different builds? The 5.3.8 series is for testing only and is only betas. If you are not into testing, then just use the 5.2.7 series final version. And just what version of 5.3.8 are you using: install or portable? If you are trying to install both series, you are only asking for trouble.I only use portable versions for betas (actually now use portable for all installations) as they are all inclusive in their folder and don't use the Roaming\Maxthon5 folder for data storage, which both would use if installed. The question I have for them is why are the 5.3.8 series versions available to the general public and not just for testers? 

they seem to be confused when it comes to testing - one build will go here so is on general release the next goes into the testing area only to be released 24/48 hours later on general release - tat after little or no feedback and certainly no bug fixing

there is talk of a testing team - whoever they are they are not here and by the state of some of the releases they dont pick up bugs or if they do Maxthon look at them as reference only

just take it as it is and dont ask questions is the best option - even if you do ask questions they never answer them

1 person likes this