Default Browser is at Risk - Abusive Pop-Up

For f*ck sake can we get this thing fixed already? What is it with this intrusive pop-up, trying to push us to make Browser default. what in hell's name does having Maxthon as default browser have to do with security, you liars? For more than a year this same topic has been brought forward to the forums and was never properly addressed. It ended up unresolved as most things in Maxthon.  We all know browser make money by being the default browser so, no surprises here. Maxthon doesn't give a  damn about its users so I will exert my option of stopping to be a user. In fact it's not without a reason that I searched for this topic... I stopped using Maxthon long ago because all of these ridiculous coercive abusive traits. I just haven't yet uninstalled it because sometimes I can still use the "rag and open in new window" functionality. And because I haven't uninstalled it I keep getting this intrusive pop-up! I have unchecked all there is to uncheck in the General and Advanced settings, that could relate to this. But to no avail because this has been abusively setup by Maxthon to circumvent all removal attempts.

Just who do the hell do these Maxthon people think they are to try and take hold of people's computers in a "let's make this so that they can do nothing about it on their own computers" kind of attitude? I suggest everyone to simply move to Vivaldi as I did. Maxthon is losing all its advantages. First it killed the skins and themes. Then most plugins stopped working in version 3... And worst of all, it doesn't catch up with web standards development and some websites don't work properly.

12 hours ago, ARTIMEDIA said:

For f*ck sake can we get this thing fixed already? What is it with this intrusive pop-up, trying to push us to make Browser default. what in hell's name does having Maxthon as default browser have to do with security, you liars? For more than a year this same topic has been brought forward to the forums and was never properly addressed. It ended up unresolved as most things in Maxthon.  We all know browser make money by being the default browser so, no surprises here. Maxthon doesn't give a  damn about its users so I will exert my option of stopping to be a user. In fact it's not without a reason that I searched for this topic... I stopped using Maxthon long ago because all of these ridiculous coercive abusive traits. I just haven't yet uninstalled it because sometimes I can still use the "rag and open in new window" functionality. And because I haven't uninstalled it I keep getting this intrusive pop-up! I have unchecked all there is to uncheck in the General and Advanced settings, that could relate to this. But to no avail because this has been abusively setup by Maxthon to circumvent all removal attempts.

Just who do the hell do these Maxthon people think they are to try and take hold of people's computers in a "let's make this so that they can do nothing about it on their own computers" kind of attitude? I suggest everyone to simply move to Vivaldi as I did. Maxthon is losing all its advantages. First it killed the skins and themes. Then most plugins stopped working in version 3... And worst of all, it doesn't catch up with web standards development and some websites don't work properly.

Maxthon is sometimes a good browser, and other times it is a bad browser. I like Maxthon, but I am almost leaving the browser, because errors are always repeated.
If it were not for Resources Sniffer and NOTES, and Ads. I would abandon this. Vivalde does not have these resources!

I hope that Maxthon has conscience, although I doubt very much.

Regards!

On 7/6/2019 at 3:36 AM, IceHouse said:

Ads

Vivaldi for admitting chrome extensions, precisely has better options for Ads

On 7/5/2019 at 8:19 PM, Magdalene said:

For 5.3.8 series

MaxthonSnap20190705191830.png

Honestly, I do not know if you have to have it activated or not, it's more, I do not even know what it does

Hi there,

The default browser pop up issue has been fixed, I recommend you update the browser to v5.2.7.5000 or v5.3.8.1200. If you disable "check whether Maxthon is the default browser at startup", it won't pop up anymore. It pops up at the first launch then you can check "don't ask again".

If you check the "non-secure origins pop-ups", it will display the secure icon on the address bar when the HTTPS page has HTTP resources.

QQ截图20190708185221.jpg

1 hour ago, BugSir006 said:

If you check the "non-secure origins pop-ups", it will display the secure icon on the address bar when the HTTPS page has HTTP resources.

And marking that box, what will we see in the address bar in a distinctive way?

Because I in https connections, I still see the RED lock that puts maxthon when it is disabled "http://www.maxthon.com/privacy/#secureurl"

MaxthonSnap20190708141157.png

19 hours ago, pantantrollo said:

And marking that box, what will we see in the address bar in a distinctive way?

We add the "non-secure origins" option for improving the following issue. If you check the option, it will display the shield icon on the address bar on some pages.

Archived