Hello, is anyone working here?

I think they fired the only programmer after the release of 5.3.8. *
already a month there is no update of this branch
and it would be nice to see the roadmap again. the old one was not very well executed but still
I would like more feedback everybody, that you are still doing something, and have not abandoned this project, and it’s time to look for another browser

If first the Firefox Fenix stable or the Vivaldi mobile, then it looks anyway bad for mx. The hemals Cloud Browser, so at 4 I had sync but never again at 5. And the Firefox Fenix has a novel kind with bookmarks / History Cloud deal.

• 2 weeks later...

I got tired of the problems, reporting issues and no response, the constant flow of beta and infrequent "official" versions.

I had come to maxthon when XP needed a compatible browser and stayed a long time.  Tried firefox a long while back and wasnt that happy.  

Tried firefox again a couple months ago and I am very happy i did.  No beta browser!

Well, I started this topic and I'm sorry. I'm the one who has not had any problems with MX lately, except maybe that the Android 48 always crashes on my devices; but otherwise my thought was behind the title name: Does a developer still have to work here, where everything runs smoothly?

54 minutes ago, Chantao said:

Well, I started this topic and I'm sorry. I'm the one who has not had any problems with MX lately, except maybe that the Android 48 always crashes on my devices; but otherwise my thought was behind the title name: Does a developer still have to work here, where everything runs smoothly?

Yes, Maxthon runs smoothly, the Maxthon developers are still living...

1 hour ago, BugSir006 said:

Yes, Maxthon runs smoothly, the Maxthon developers are still living...

Let's see, without creating any controversy, but being realistic.

We have 2 branches, one stable, which hardly works well on many websites, either because of the very old blink core that it has (I think it is 61) and that despite everything, and although they have been asking for the addition of features from a few years ago, it is not done.

The other branch, the most modern of maxthon, but already old with respect to the other navigator based on blink, (I think that nucleus 69), does not finish curdle, nor work as it should. Still, it also lacks features that can be taken here, and it seems that without any published work route, I do not think they will be implemented.

For the rest, you should realize that there are fewer  people in these forums (they may already be in other places contributing ideas where they can be heard)

As I say, without acrimony

Yes, I know that. :Grinmacing_Face_Emoji_42x42:

Maxthon staff really really appreciate all of your feedback, actually, all of the feedback coming from our help center or forum, the reviews in App Store or GooglePlay, all of your suggestions and questions we received and read seriously. Because of various causes, some request cannot be realized and some bugs cannot be fixed instantly, but our dev team will finish them one by one and never give up. So I have to say please stay tuned and if you have any issues you can @BugSir006, I will try my best to help you if I cannot reply to you in time you can @ me again or send the private message to me, I will reply to you as soon as I see the message.

1 hour ago, BugSir006 said:

but our dev team

now heres a question - a team suggests a few people so how many - 2 part timers - 10 - 20 or lots more

Tony     -  Vivaldi 4 on Windows 10 64Bit

• 1 month later...
On 5/29/2019 at 11:25 AM, Jubilar said:

and it would be nice to see the roadmap again. the old one was not very well executed but still

Yep. I'm use Maxthon last 10+ years, but now I really don't see a progress, because we have outdated developer tools (important for me), useless addon store (as I remember, old roadmap included supporting of chrome extensions) and various small (and not small) issues with websites (but here I see that developers try to fix something time to time).

Very interesting to hear something about future plans, instead 'funny' posts in twitter.

You can take it as a review written in Google translator.
I agree with pantantrollo, in its current state, Maxthon just looks like a degradation of a good product. I have been using this browser since the end of 2008 and already then I liked it with its own distinctions and very convenient customization of the appearance and plug-ins. MX2 had functions because of which I loved this browser.
MX3 was an interesting update for me, especially the function of dividing the screen into two parts became convenient, which allowed you to somtret on one half of youtube while you are doing other things on the Internet. Extremely unrequited feature for me since the release of this version. What I didn’t like was Ad Hunter, who worked poorly and rarely blocked ads. Otherwise, it was a very interesting browser update that I liked.
MX4 is already the very moment when some extensions started to stop working correctly. Ad Hunter began to work better, but still did not completely block ads. Resource sniffer became a karyne nice and convenient feature that I used very often. Well, the ability to save files to the cloud service was useful.
MX5 is already an example of where the developers began to follow the browser carelessly. Bugs began to appear more often, critical errors due to which the browser crashed began to appear more often. The support for custom browser themes was lost, the share of extensions does not work either, or it doesn’t work at all. The last few months, the browser has so many problems that you don’t even know what to do. Sites do not work, they do not work, then errors in the browser, the password manager cannot be accessed from the computer, because it does not accept the authorization code (you have to do it from the phone), it’s scary to update to the new version the last months because you don’t know what problems come out of nowhere. Each new version introduces new bugs, and the old ones are not corrected at all. Not to mention the always outdated kernel of the browser.
MXNitro is a separate song. The idea was good, it is always convenient to have on hand a browser that is not overloaded with anything. If MXNitro had open source, I think fans would bring it to mind.
I will go through the forum. There is no support as such. BugSir006 is responsible for everything, yes, there are answers, but there is no answer for technical problems. The developers, who, as it seems, have only two or three people doing their own without looking at the community (which, in turn, is diminishing before our eyes). There are two branches of the browser and both work very badly. Both are full of problems, but instead of solving problems of one browser, developers create them in both branches.
The browser has long experienced its golden age, when it was very popular. And if the developers do not take action (it's better one browser without extra beta versions, with stable updates, than two branches full of problems) then those who still love it will leave this browser.
That's all.

Archived