Maxthon Extension: Background services do not work since 5.3.8.x version

bayas

Maxthon backround services that you provided us in Extension API do not work anymore since Maxthon 5.3.8.x versions.
There is a workaround for this annoying problem to force Maxthon Browser to run these extensions. So, every time I open the Maxthon Browser and then re-install them from *.mxaddon file.

MX 5.3.8.x versions are still very much beta and are not finished products. If you want everything to work, continue to use 5.2.7.x versions. I also recommend only using portable versions of betas, especially the 5.3.8.x versions, so that one can keep their working stable version intact while testing the betas without affecting the data folder at Roaming\Maxthon5.

On 24.05.2019 at 2:12 AM, rick.lane said:

MX 5.3.8.x versions are still very much beta and are not finished products. If you want everything to work, continue to use 5.2.7.x versions. I also recommend only using portable versions of betas, especially the 5.3.8.x versions, so that one can keep their working stable version intact while testing the betas without affecting the data folder at Roaming\Maxthon5.

I just want to inform about this problem. I can wait for stable Maxhon 5.3.8.x version.

On 28.05.2019 at 6:21 AM, BugSir006 said:

Hi there, could you let me know the specific extension name?

Old Stylish extension has a background service. I attached the mxaddon file.

Stylish.mxaddon

not exactly sure what you are asking - are you saying stylish does not work

if thats what you are saying i can only say it works for me that said it can be difficult to get it working 

so comeback with a clearer question and i will get some info - its not straight forward and a while since i looked at it

Tony     -  Vivaldi 4 on Windows 10 64Bit

1 hour ago, BugSir006 said:

This issue will be fixed in the next v5.3.8.xxx.

new 5.3.8 is slow in coming - any idea when we will see it - the time its taken from the last release must [surly] mean it will have all bugs fixed

Tony     -  Vivaldi 4 on Windows 10 64Bit