Get rid of URL suggestions

12 hours ago, 17167647 said:

I think it is in Settings ==> Privacy & Content ==>Data Feedback tab ==> Enable Smart Address Bar to provide intelligent input recommendations (search terms and URLs).

I did that and restarted the browser. It still shows up. 

5 hours ago, Kilmatar said:

AFAIR - this suggestions was hard embedded into one of the file in MX folder or user setting folder.

There are was a theme in old forum. Maybe forum admins can help find this info?

If this is true, then I think it is not fair MX team to record their users' activities outside users awareness. We should have the option to reset such suggestions/activities/logging/etc. 

On side note, I have tried to do a clean install numerous times and no success. 

2 hours ago, 7twenty said:

ok, I was wondering why this did not happen to me. Viewing your post, I know it was due, I had renamed the file \Modules\MxSmartUrl\MxSmartUrl.dll_ , which I think have the same effect without having to touch the HOST (for those who do not want to entangle)

Alright to follow up with this, I had followed instructions in here except I didn't make it read only. I was okay with it because those links were removed. 

However, I notice that links from incognito mode also appear in this url suggestions. So, the question is - is the incognito mode really incognito? 

7 hours ago, Alians07 said:

Alright to follow up with this, I had followed instructions in here except I didn't make it read only. I was okay with it because those links were removed. 

However, I notice that links from incognito mode also appear in this url suggestions. So, the question is - is the incognito mode really incognito? 

Usually, the feature of incognito is that it won't save the browsing history.

12 hours ago, pantantrollo said:

Well, there is some error in that, since YES that shows results of the history and the markers

Hi pantantrollo,

I tried this issue in the v5.2.7.2500 and v5.3.8.700, when using private mode and clicking history, it displays the history of the normal mode. It won't remember the history of private mode.

3 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

Hi pantantrollo,

I tried this issue in the v5.2.7.2500 and v5.3.8.700, when using private mode and clicking history, it displays the history of the normal mode. It won't remember the history of private mode.

This happens in 5.2.7.2500, if I write in the address bar, it shows me the results of my history and my favorites. And as you see it is a private tab.

Portapapeles02.png

10 minutes ago, pantantrollo said:

This happens in 5.2.7.2500, if I write in the address bar, it shows me the results of my history and my favorites. And as you see it is a private tab.

Hi there, I tried it, the history comes from the normal mode.

On 15/05/2019 at 4:01 PM, pantantrollo said:

This is normal. Means you can access previously used sites in private mode.

I can't get anything typed into the address bar in private mode to show in normal.

BUT!!

What i have noticed is that Private mode saves cookies of site visits!

Visit any wikipedia page in private mode, it won't show up in the history files as expected.
Then do a search (google/bing etc) for that page.
You'll see in the search results that the link to that page is highlighted as visited!

Doesn't happen with Edge Dev, so will assume also any chrome clone.

9 hours ago, 7twenty said:

BUT!!

What i have noticed is that Private mode saves cookies of site visits!

Visit any wikipedia page in private mode, it won't show up in the history files as expected.
Then do a search (google/bing etc) for that page.
You'll see in the search results that the link to that page is highlighted as visited!

Doesn't happen with Edge Dev, so will assume also any chrome clone.

Hi 7twenty, I tried to test this issue but cannot confirm. I attached a short video.

bandicam_2019-05-17_18-15-40-430.mp4

11 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

I tried to test this issue but cannot confirm.

You didn't follow the instructions. It's not about the address bar dropdown, it's the search site results.

left is normal session, right is a private session. Note the UK wikipedia link is blue in both.before visit.png

After visiting the UK wikipedia page in the private session (right), it shows up as visited in the normal session (left).visited.png

This is using v5.3.8.700

Archived