Alians07

Get rid of URL suggestions

20 posts in this topic

How can I get rid of it? Some of suggestions in there are vulgar - need to get rid of it. 

Annotation 2019-05-01 193324.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it is in Settings ==> Privacy & Content ==>Data Feedback tab ==> Enable Smart Address Bar to provide intelligent input recommendations (search terms and URLs).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, 17167647 said:

I think it is in Settings ==> Privacy & Content ==>Data Feedback tab ==> Enable Smart Address Bar to provide intelligent input recommendations (search terms and URLs).

I did that and restarted the browser. It still shows up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

AFAIR - this suggestions was hard embedded into one of the file in MX folder or user setting folder.

There are was a theme in old forum. Maybe forum admins can help find this info?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Kilmatar said:

AFAIR - this suggestions was hard embedded into one of the file in MX folder or user setting folder.

There are was a theme in old forum. Maybe forum admins can help find this info?

If this is true, then I think it is not fair MX team to record their users' activities outside users awareness. We should have the option to reset such suggestions/activities/logging/etc. 

On side note, I have tried to do a clean install numerous times and no success. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/2/2019 at 8:34 AM, Alians07 said:

How can I get rid of it? Some of suggestions in there are vulgar - need to get rid of it. 

Hi Alians07,

Currently, it cannot be disabled. I forwarded this suggestion to the product team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

Hi Alians07,

Currently, it cannot be disabled. I forwarded this suggestion to the product team.

Thank you, looking forward for this change. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

13 hours ago, Alians07 said:

looking forward for this change. 

Note the date of the original post!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 7twenty said:

 

 

ok, I was wondering why this did not happen to me. Viewing your post, I know it was due, I had renamed the file \Modules\MxSmartUrl\MxSmartUrl.dll_ , which I think have the same effect without having to touch the HOST (for those who do not want to entangle)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alright to follow up with this, I had followed instructions in here except I didn't make it read only. I was okay with it because those links were removed. 

However, I notice that links from incognito mode also appear in this url suggestions. So, the question is - is the incognito mode really incognito? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Alians07 said:

Alright to follow up with this, I had followed instructions in here except I didn't make it read only. I was okay with it because those links were removed. 

However, I notice that links from incognito mode also appear in this url suggestions. So, the question is - is the incognito mode really incognito? 

 

Usually, the feature of incognito is that it won't save the browsing history.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

Usually, the feature of incognito is that it won't save the browsing history.

Well, there is some error in that, since YES that shows results of the history and the markers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, pantantrollo said:

Well, there is some error in that, since YES that shows results of the history and the markers

Hi pantantrollo,

I tried this issue in the v5.2.7.2500 and v5.3.8.700, when using private mode and clicking history, it displays the history of the normal mode. It won't remember the history of private mode.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

Hi pantantrollo,

I tried this issue in the v5.2.7.2500 and v5.3.8.700, when using private mode and clicking history, it displays the history of the normal mode. It won't remember the history of private mode.

 

This happens in 5.2.7.2500, if I write in the address bar, it shows me the results of my history and my favorites. And as you see it is a private tab.

 

Portapapeles02.png

Edited by pantantrollo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, pantantrollo said:

This happens in 5.2.7.2500, if I write in the address bar, it shows me the results of my history and my favorites. And as you see it is a private tab.

Hi there, I tried it, the history comes from the normal mode.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 15/05/2019 at 4:01 PM, pantantrollo said:

This happens in 5.2.7.2500, if I write in the address bar, it shows me the results of my history and my favorites. And as you see it is a private tab.

This is normal. Means you can access previously used sites in private mode.

I can't get anything typed into the address bar in private mode to show in normal.

BUT!!

What i have noticed is that Private mode saves cookies of site visits!

Visit any wikipedia page in private mode, it won't show up in the history files as expected.
Then do a search (google/bing etc) for that page.
You'll see in the search results that the link to that page is highlighted as visited!

Doesn't happen with Edge Dev, so will assume also any chrome clone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 
1
9 hours ago, 7twenty said:

BUT!!

What i have noticed is that Private mode saves cookies of site visits!

Visit any wikipedia page in private mode, it won't show up in the history files as expected.
Then do a search (google/bing etc) for that page.
You'll see in the search results that the link to that page is highlighted as visited!

Doesn't happen with Edge Dev, so will assume also any chrome clone.

Hi 7twenty, I tried to test this issue but cannot confirm. I attached a short video.

bandicam_2019-05-17_18-15-40-430.mp4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

I tried to test this issue but cannot confirm.

You didn't follow the instructions. It's not about the address bar dropdown, it's the search site results.

left is normal session, right is a private session. Note the UK wikipedia link is blue in both.before visit.png

 

After visiting the UK wikipedia page in the private session (right), it shows up as visited in the normal session (left).visited.png

This is using v5.3.8.700

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/17/2019 at 6:21 AM, 7twenty said:

This is using v5.3.8.700

Thank you for your help. Confirmed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites