Web page sign in issues

I was using version 5.2.7.2000 until this morning.  This morning i installed beta version 5.2.7.2300.  Running on Windows 10 on a desktop.

Ever since i installed the beta version i need to sign in to all of my web pages every time i visit after closing the browser(as if it is automatically signing me out) - despite clicking on keep me signed in.  

I am running signed into the browser. I am using normal windows, not private.  Nothing else has changed or been updated in the past several day.

Never had this happen before.  I went through the browser settings, but didnt notice anything that ought to be clicked or unclicked to get me back to running "normal".

What do i need to jiggle to get this back to not being a pain in the neck.

Of course not. Just be aware of what faults you could assume.

I, for example, continue with the .2000, well, actually, with the .2100, which behaves almost the same, at least in the way I work.

I test betas, if I see that I can work with them and there are no functionalities that bother me, I continue with them, at least until something fails, and I go back in version.

Has any other user of this beta version reported this type of problem? it has been out about a week? It seems that issue would have been noticed by someone before now.

To return to version 5.2.7.2000 do i just download and install the same way i would if i were upgrading? 

1 hour ago, pantantrollo said:

Of course not. Just be aware of what faults you could assume.

I, for example, continue with the .2000, well, actually, with the .2100, which behaves almost the same, at least in the way I work.

I test betas, if I see that I can work with them and there are no functionalities that bother me, I continue with them, at least until something fails, and I go back in version.

So without a followup answer I have now tried 5.2.7.2100 and went back to 5.2.7.2000.

I have the same problem now on all of them that began with the download and use of 5.2.7.2300.  No passwords are remembered after closing the browser. 

That means that every page i visit everytime i open the browser requires me to log in.  Something was changed by the install this morning. I need help figuring out what. 

I also signed out of the browser and signed back in to see if that would help but it did not.

I am using 5.2.7.2300 portable and do not have that problem, though I purposely log out of most sites when I leave them for security reasons. But the sites I stay logged into remain so when I restart the browser. Plus I also use Passkeeper which auto fills my user name and passwords on those sites that require a new sign in.

Possibly your data file at %appdata%/Maxthon5 has been corrupted during your testing of the various beta versions. That is why I always use the portable version to try beta versions since the data file is contained in the folder for each version and not used by other versions, as the installed versions do. And also, if using just portable versions and one encounters problems such as this, one still has the version that they were using to simply go to and use instead with no necessity of reinstalling an earlier version.

It would have been corrupted at the download and install of 5.2.7.2300 as that is when the problem started. 

What i need is direction on how to resolve the issue.  I just submitted a bug report so hopefully help is coming.

I would prefer to not have to use passkeeper for most of this browsing. 

I think it has to be something to do with rejecting cookies...But i just checked in the that section and it is set to allow cookies and third party cookies...

This problem started 6-7 days ago when i upgraded. The most help i have gotten so far was being told that i need to expect things like that when using a beta release(it was out a week).  It appears that there is almost no real help here anymore, just commenters who can provide great insight like: I guess you shouldnt have done that. Beta Beta Beta.  So far no usable answer to the problem i originally posted. I had also submitted a bug report asking for help and here we are going on 7 days later with no response and others reporting similar problem.  As i browse thru I see there are other problems without real answers too.

I came up with my own solution. I went back to firefox. Its a browser with real tech support where you are not a test dummy and treated like one. It does everything i used this browser for; lots of extensions/addons for getting what you want.  I am Beta free and liking the new features they have since i left several years ago.

Archived