Parts of browsing history found in temp folder

4 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

Hi 7twenty,

Thank you for your feedback. It has been reported to the dev team as a bug with high priority. 

high priority - that should get their attention - a fix this month then maybe - hopefully not like most of the other stuff thats high priority - they have just been ignored in the past

Tony     -  Vivaldi 4 on Windows 10 64Bit

The matter is quite serious.

In addition, and already commented here in the past, all those URLs are sent to the maxthon servers (without knowing exactly what they do with them),

If we have checked the box "Enable secure URL scan.This helps protect the browser and local machine against unsafe websites ", that basically we have to have it activated, because if not, we can not see the ssl certificates of the web that we visited, with what we are almost" forced "to have it activated.

I already asked in a comment that this be separated, but there is no way they want or understand this.

I repeat, @BugSir006, why to see the ssl certificates that any other browser offers me, I have to Yes or YES, activate this option in maxthon about the sending of URLs in the options?

21 hours ago, pantantrollo said:

If we have checked the box "Enable secure URL scan.This helps protect the browser and local machine against unsafe websites ", that basically we have to have it activated, because if not, we can not see the ssl certificates of the web that we visited, with what we are almost" forced "to have it activated.

Hi pantantrollo, I contacted the dev team, this issue has been submitted as a bug. 

you would have thought a security bug urgent but 3 days and counting and no fix released - is the dev or devs on holiday - i use the plural loosely as the impression is that there are few people working on anything these days the time it takes to release updates

and even when released nothing much is fixed 

how the mighty have fallen is apt i think

Tony     -  Vivaldi 4 on Windows 10 64Bit

I am ashamed, but I am the root cause of this problem.

In November 2018 I found issue with MX's history on my work computer. History collection is stopped at 2018-10-10.

Аннотация 2019-04-22 145954.jpg

This problem was taken by developers into work and the first step was changed MxHistory.dll file. This private debug DLL was have an added functionality - extensive logging of history tasks.

Problem is still not fixed for now (6 months) but it looks like somehow this private debug version was leaked to production branch!

On 4/18/2019 at 2:23 PM, BugSir006 said:

Hi pantantrollo, I contacted the dev team, this issue has been submitted as a bug. 

You have also retouched the issue of web certificates ssl, now YES at least appears the SSL certificate information on the web, although if you could have left another color when the certificate is correct, and not leave it in red (confusing) :wink:

snap_screen_20190426010030.png

• 1 month later...
On 6/21/2019 at 6:54 AM, 14615246 said:

Please fix this bug and please perminately remove the file MX_LOG_21 from my temp folder at my windows 10 please.

Hi there, this issue has been fixed, so I recommend you update the browser to the latest version.

Archived