Saving bookmarks bug ... still not solved :(

It has been a while since I last reported this ugly bug, which has been persisting for a very long time.
My last post can be found here.

I have since tried what was suggested: a full clean install.  I did that using v5.2.7.2100.
I made sure all previous settings are deleted. I only backed-up my bookmarks.

Sadly, the same issue is still there and it happens very often. I do not know what to do anymore.

The bug in short is this:
when I try to add a bookmark to Maxnote (by pressing Ctrl+D -or- pressing the Maxnote icon) and I click the drop-down menu to chose a save location in my folders, the list becomes detached, and the save button disappears. I cannot change the folder location and I cannot save any bookmarks, except in the default folder "My file".

This time, I made a Youtube video of this bug:

Here it works well. Portable version (stable and beta)

As in the thread you mention, I recommend that you download the portable version. Copy the files that I mentioned in the last post (favorites, passwd, history etc.) to the portable version and check that you still have this error.

Reinstalling the "installable" version hardly changes anything from the previous configuration, so if in your "profile" %appdata%/maxthon5, you have something wrong, it will last in the following installations.

39 minutes ago, Atavus said:

a full clean install

I understand then that you either deleted or renamed the %appdata%/maxthon5 folder, right?

It was a full clean install. 
Maxthon asks if you want to remove all data when uninstalling it. I accepted that option.
And Yes, I also made sure 
that %appdata%/maxthon5 folder was completely deleted before installing the new version.
I did not want any trace of the older version to be present.

The bug itself happens often, but sometimes it does not happen and Maxthon works normally!!
I have no idea why. Which is the reason I have been posting about this bug for over a year.

On 4/6/2019 at 8:34 PM, Atavus said:

No, I have not installed anything. This is just a clean install.
I have actually never used anything except default extensions.

Hi Atavus,

Please try to log out from your browser account then log in with the guest mode.

MaxthonSnap20190408174117.pngQQ截图20190408174219.jpg

QQ截图20190408174237.jpg

6 minutes ago, gudkov said:

Are you interested in the "Maxthon5" folder located in "Program Files" folder?

Hi gudkov,

If you are convenient, please press keyboard "Win+R" to enter "%appdata%", then press the keyboard "Enter", to find the folder "Maxthon5".

run.png

17 hours ago, Atavus said:

I am not logged into any account. I am already on a guest account.
I don't think I've used Maxthon Passport in a very long time.

Hi Atavus,

Could you send the local data folder "Maxthon5" to me?

3 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

Hi gudkov,

If you are convenient, please press keyboard "Win+R" to enter "%appdata%", then press the keyboard "Enter", to find the folder "Maxthon5".

run.png

Hi Atavus,

Could you send the local data folder "Maxthon5" to me?

Folder sent to your PM. I repeat - the problem is irregular, it appears spontaneously, it can appear immediately, it may not appear at all until the browser is restarted. No dependencies could not be identified. Video of bug: 

7 hours ago, gudkov said:

Folder sent to your PM. I repeat - the problem is irregular, it appears spontaneously, it can appear immediately, it may not appear at all until the browser is restarted. No dependencies could not be identified. Video of bug: 

You have tried the same configuration (copy %appdata%\maxthon5) on another PC.

I mention it in case it could have to do with the drivers (or model) of video card or other configuration of your operating system, basically to discard things :)

9 hours ago, pantantrollo said:

You have tried the same configuration (copy %appdata%\maxthon5) on another PC.

I mention it in case it could have to do with the drivers (or model) of video card or other configuration of your operating system, basically to discard things :)

This bug is observed on my two PCs (working and home) with different OS (Windows 7 Pro and Windows 8.1 Pro), on different platforms (Intel and AMD). Only the video card manufacturer (AMD) matches, but the video cards are different (Radeon HD 7870 and RX Vega 64) with different versions of the drivers.

8 hours ago, gudkov said:

This bug is observed on my two PCs (working and home) with different OS (Windows 7 Pro and Windows 8.1 Pro), on different platforms (Intel and AMD). Only the video card manufacturer (AMD) matches, but the video cards are different (Radeon HD 7870 and RX Vega 64) with different versions of the drivers.

Thx, 

It was about discarding the subject of drawing on the video card especially. The truth is that it is quite strange behavior.

In my case I have not seen it on my computers (3 now all with win10, but with very different hard, from processors to video cards), but having as many configurations as people, namely.

Let's see if the Dev team comes up with something :-)

I remember gudkov from my previous posts. At least I am not the only one still seeing this bug.

Doesn't %appdata%\maxthon5 include sensitive information like passwords??

Here are my PC specs if it makes any difference:
MOBO: Asus Maximus VII Hero
CPU: Intel i7-4790K
RAM: Kingston HyperX Savage, 16GB
GFX: MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Gaming
SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB

The bug has been happening since I moved to Mx5 long ago, so I am not sure if it has to do with any particular drivers I have.

Archived