netflix not working again

cphx

• 2 weeks later...

I was about to make a post about, if you want to use netflix, and have the most stable version of maxthon (the one who less breaks webpages) you need to install version 5.2.7.1000, I've tried all the newer versions and in all of them netflix is broken, so the latest version with a working netflix is  5.2.7.1000 XDDD

And in my case it was the only one wich didn't break facebook aswell, (I believed that issue has been fixed, probably the UA) :^) So I moved to vivaldi, and a I realized that maxthon is great has a lot of unique incredibly useful tools, but it's prompt to break, and I got so.. SO used to maxthon and all of it's features like maxnote and passkeeper that is almost impossible to change browser :'v so I'm stuck in the middle, they should hang a frame in the dev's room that say's "Hey don't forget to check if this new version breakes netflix, as the last 23 did!" that would be helpful :'v

On 4/14/2019 at 9:17 PM, EddyFicio said:

I moved to vivaldi, and a I realized that maxthon is great has a lot of unique incredibly useful tools, but it's prompt to break, and I got so.. SO used to maxthon and all of it's features like maxnote and passkeeper that is almost impossible to change browser :'v so I'm stuck in the middle

I've liked that Maxthon is different from other browsers when it's been ahead of the pack and gone down a couple of journeys into new ways of thinking about and sorting my in-browser info — but I have to admit that the divergence concerns me when I think about the need to jump ship and re-acclimate to a different browser at some point down the line.

I'm heavily vested in Maxnote and Favorites as well as their integration now.  What other browser offers something like that?  None that I'm aware of.  But Maxthon's handling of my large Favorites library is beginning to bog down.  The amount of time I have to wait for (and number of times I have to restart) a sync when I install to a new device is long, as well.  Maybe I'm an edge case, but I'm starting to wonder how I'd handle the move to another browser myself.  (If the need arises.  I'm still hopeful it won't.)

Netflix/Facebook/Twitter/Spotify/youtube etc should work first go everytime. This is the internet for a majority of users. You stuff up that experience and you're already giving the user a reason to jump to another browser.

1 hour ago, Secret-HQ said:

What other browser offers something like that? 

Vivaldi.

3 hours ago, Secret-HQ said:

Maxthon's handling of my large Favorites library is beginning to bog down and the amount of time I have to wait for (and restart) a sync when I install to a new device ti long, as well.

Indeed, I have over 2k favorites and rising, and it takes hours, for them to sync with all of my hundreds of notes, it's get frustrating, you could export them to an html and import them, but that sometimes messes up the content of the bookmarks like the tittle and often all the bookmarks are not exported at all :c

3 hours ago, Secret-HQ said:

What other browser offers something like that? 

1 hour ago, 7twenty said:

Vivaldi.

LOL! I thought the same thing, vivaldi, that's why I'm starting to change towards it, it has most of the tools that maxthon has builded in, for example screenshoot tool, split screen (multiple splited screens in one windows, and each one can be splitted into multiple windows, I've tested 18 and my pc crashed :v) and it has a brand new tool for taking notes, mouse gestures, keyboard shortcuts,pop up video,  etc....
But...
And this is a big "but", all those tools (except maybe the split window tool) suck! maxthon is way way way more ahead in that branch, and that difference is clearly visible when you open the screenshot tool or the notes tool, for example...

2019-04-14 20_20_27.png2019-04-14 20_21_01.png2019-04-14 20_21_44.png

I can say with total security that no other browser have a better way to capture screenshoots or notes, the only true competitors in those fields are Evernote and GreenShot, evernote has a online note editing tool, but greenshot is a totally different software to carry on you usb stick or to install :Y

And when it comes to pop up videos, I really love maxthon's you can easily put it on top of any window and it has it's own media controlls, wich in the mayority of cases they work XD vivaldi has a pop up video, that is called "picture to picture" wich can't be resize how you wanted, it has a limit, wich is a really shitty limit, like a quarter of my 1920x1080 display, it can be put on top of all windows and toggle that option, but it DOESN'T have medial controlls, so in order to change volume or to watch a previous part of the video you need to get back to vivaldi find the video and use the embedded media controlls, wich is a pain, and to pop up a video you need to right click it and use the option in the context menu "picture to picture" so if a video player is protected againt's right clicks, or has it's own dedicated context menu, you are done :^) the only way to bypass that is using an extension that pop up the video for you, wich is a pain and it takes ram... BUT you can pop up videos of netflix and most of the videoplayers... Maxthon's pop up video tool, also works on most of the videoplayers and you can pop up any video or Gif :D with just clicking on the floating menu above the video, wich is totally awesome and unique, as far as I searched there's no better option to do so than with maxthon's embedded tool, But... BUT the major drawback is that you CAN'T pop up a netflix video, wich is a reallly major drawback, and there's no solution or way to do so, wich sucks really bad.

Vivaldi is way more customizable than maxthon by miles, but because it uses a chromium core it end's up with 2 different settings interfaces, the one that chrome uses chrome//setings and the one builded in to vivaldi XDD

I choose vivaldi because it's the only browser that comes close to maxthon feature wise XD

2 hours ago, 7twenty said:

Netflix/Facebook/Twitter/Spotify/youtube etc should work first go everytime. This is the internet for a majority of users. You stuff up that experience and you're already giving the user a reason to jump to another browser.

4 hours ago, Secret-HQ said:

Yep, I've spent 8-15 hours on the internet daily and I'm jumping between those pages most of that time XD 

1 hour ago, EddyFicio said:

And this is a big "but", all those tools (except maybe the split window tool) suck! maxthon is way way way more ahead in that branch, and that difference is clearly visible when you open the screenshot tool or the notes tool, for example...

True, but that's where you need to make the decision - do you want a browser that does the basics well with some foibles around the extra features? Or one that has issues with popular websites, but having better extra features. Only the user and their usage scenario can make that call.

Vivaldi still has a lot of things that bug me, (eg. no new tab from enter on address bar, no media controls on popup videos, having to use an extension button to popout videos instead of the floatbar, super drag/drop isn't quite as good), BUT it's always up to date, UI that is as customisable as MX if not more, more extensions, chrome://flags is available, and more that i can't think of right now.

1 hour ago, EddyFicio said:

using an extension that pop up the video for you, wich is a pain and it takes ram...

About ~21mb, and it's returned to the system after the video is popped out.

-

RE: screen capture: it is basic, but i find myself going into a dedicated image editor 90% of the time even using MXsnap. One thing that it does do well is being able to automatically select windows/sections of apps, which i would miss. But i still have MX running till i import passwords etc. so still use Snap on occasion.
Notes: haven't used it since SkyNote. Most things i put into sticky notes or OneNote these days.

I feel that Vivaldi (~v2.3) has finally become what MX wanted to be. Sure MX does a few things better, but most unique MX features are in other browsers now and they do it almost as good, or do other things better to make the benefit a net loss, or even at best.

7 hours ago, 7twenty said:

True, but that's where you need to make the decision - do you want a browser that does the basics well with some foibles around the extra features? Or one that has issues with popular websites, but having better extra features. Only the user and their usage scenario can make that call.

I want both, and I can't find it and that makes me sad :

UI that is as customisable as MX if not more

THAT ONLY APPLIES TO MX4, all the customization posibilities died hard on Mx5, I remember that you could change the tabs position, the adress bar position and have hundreds of skins that you could easily install, most of the best features that maxthon had, they decided to kill them for no apparent reason :C I'm still butthurt and it's being 5 yeara now X

RE: screen capture: it is basic, but i find myself going into a dedicated image editor 90% of the time even using MXsnap. One thing that it does do well is being able to automatically select windows/sections of apps, which i would miss.

Maybe you should look at this, this one is the ONLY one screen cap tool besides maxthon's that pleases me :^)
https://getgreenshot.org/

Notes: haven't used it since SkyNote.

The good old Skynote, that randomly crashed and deleted your data, back then when maxthon aspired to be a "cloud browser" and even had it's own cloud storage service XDDD I've used skynote a lot, A LOT! XD so I was more than happy when maxnote came but that time it was called infobox, I didn't like the name, and I remember that the new and improved "Infobox" was the ONLY thing that I liked about the alfa of mx5 XDD

I find kind of funny that you are one of the most active users of the forum, a vice-admin, and one of the most helpful members of the community and you are trashing maxthon XDD ironic but respectable :U

On 4/15/2019 at 3:38 AM, EddyFicio said:

I can say with total security that no other browser have a better way to capture screenshoots or notes, the only true competitors in those fields are Evernote and GreenShot, evernote has a online note editing tool, but greenshot is a totally different software to carry on you usb stick or to install :Y

About the screenshot of maxthon, (which together with the user / passwd that are in maxthon), what is still retaining me in this browser (and the way of working, everything has to be said :-))

Ucbrowser:
It takes almost a clone (or not better) screen grabber.

Cent_browser:
It also has a utility similar to that of maxhon "screenshot.exe" (958 kb). I use it as an alternative to maxthon.

Mye9:
Another that carries a utility of the same style as the previous ones, "SnapShot.exe" (706 kb)

These are the ones that I have found and capture panatalla "outside" the browser, like maxthon. What they are implementing in the other browsers, at least until what I have seen, they only capture inside the window of the navigator, which does not work for me.

For the rest, I agree on the subject of vivaldi as an alternative and Opera (its vpn and the flow attract me quite a lot).

And of mathon, I would miss, apart from the screenshot, the related to the management of the video playback :(

On 4/14/2019 at 7:16 PM, 7twenty said:

Vivaldi.

So.  I like Vivaldi quite a bit.  I was skeptical of its mission statement and ambition at first, but their team has worked steadily make progress in the directions those early press releases pointed to, and I'm impressed enough with the browser that I use it almost exclusively for one of our Web apps at work, having gone so far as to install it on one of the utility computers where we use that app.

But ...

On 4/15/2019 at 11:14 PM, 7twenty said:

Notes: haven't used it since SkyNote. Most things i put into sticky notes or OneNote these days.

... Vivaldi's notes don't integrate with Favorites in the same way Maxthon's do, and I've acclimated to having notes, screenshots, and favorites together in a single folder in Maxthon.

Troubleshooting a problem at work?  Create a folder in Maxnote, and in there you can put a link to the issue on the bug tracker, screenshots from users, e-mail reports you copypasted, your own troubleshooting notes, and maybe some other stuff I'm not thinking of right now.

I like that.

Heck, I wish Maxthon didn't segregate the views for different types of content when you're in the mx://note/ tab.  I'd love to keep the same list on the left and just get slightly different main windows depending on the type of content I'm looking at.  (But that's probably just me.)

On 4/15/2019 at 11:14 PM, 7twenty said:

I feel that Vivaldi (~v2.3) has finally become what MX wanted to be.

It's certainly the closest thing to a power-user browser I'm aware of, and the dev team's stated aims to bring customizability and functionality back onto the browser priority list alongside security and speed are music to my ears.  It's a real competitor to Maxthon — and, for me at least, that's saying something.

I like trying out new browsers (though I don't do as much of it as I used to), but suggesting I switch for my day-to-day use is like telling me there's another internet I should take a look at.  I want to see that other internet, yeah — but give up the one that's been my window on the world for so long?  :O

Maxthon_30,202_hours.png

On 4/15/2019 at 7:16 AM, EddyFicio said:

I find kind of funny that you are one of the most active users of the forum, a vice-admin, and one of the most helpful members of the community and you are trashing maxthon XDD ironic but respectable :U

@7twenty's always been pretty fair about Maxthon's accomplishments and its stumbles.  It's part of what make his such an asset to the community!

2 hours ago, Secret-HQ said:

Vivaldi's notes don't integrate with Favorites in the same way Maxthon's do, and I've acclimated to having notes, screenshots, and favorites together in a single folder in Maxthon

That was a mistake, I really hate that they merged those two, they needed to stay apart, me and a few other members agree with that statement XD

I only have a little more than 12k hours ...  12079hours  level 76 XD

2 hours ago, EddyFicio said:

That was a mistake, I really hate that they merged those two, they needed to stay apart, me and a few other members agree with that statement XD

I only have a little more than 12k hours ...  12079hours  level 76 XD

"You'll change your mind about that when you hit 20,000 hours, kid!"  :titter:

It never ceases to amaze me how differently users look at features and feature changes.  I didn't hate the integration of notes and bookmarks in the beginning, though I was pretty skeptical.  Once I figured out how to use it — partly for leaving notes with the full titles of folders whose names had been truncated by Infobox — I got heavily vested.  Most bugs or features I want to keep an eye on have a subfolder under "Maxthon" with a note that's just a laundry list of search terms to help me find that folder in the future.  :D

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, Julian said:

Both Netflix and HBO GO don't work on the latest Maxthon.

Hi there, the Netflix issue has been fixed in v5.3.8.xxx, you can use the v5.3.8.600 first, and I want to confirm the HBO GO issue, please try to use the v5.3.8.600 to open the HBO GO. If you still experience the issue in v5.3.8 please send the specific URL to me.

On 6/9/2019 at 2:22 PM, Julian said:

This here is the NF error.And HBO simply wouldn't start the playback. 

Latest beta up 5.3.8.800

Thank you for your feedback, the Netflix issue will be fixed as soon as possible. Could you provide the specific URL of the HBO issue? It will be great if you can provide the HBO account. It will be used only in the test.

Archived