Translate button popup in web pages

hello,

In some webpages, actually to me it happened only in one, if I select some text, the translator button pops up and it will give the translation of the selected text which is a very nice feature to have (It reminds me that firefox plugin - simple translate).

The problem is:

1) why it works only in 1 specific web pages, and not in any other.

2) Is there a way to change the language result, since it always gives chinese

I know that I can use the toolbar button up-right to open the translator panel, but this feature of popup button is an extra-addon to maxthon which I think is very good and very fast if anyone need some translation on the fly. 

Here is the screenshot

EAGt9OO.png

Tnx.

Hi stifani,

You can customize the target language. The translation button will display when the selected language different from the target language.

translate.pngtranslation settings.pngtranslation settings 2.png

10 hours ago, Polaurent said:

Seems that you're using a maxthon plugin, which one ?

It is Maxthon official extension, you can enable it by going to Settings>Function&Addons>Maxthon Tools>Translate.

4 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

Hi stifani,

You can customize the target language. The translation button will display when the selected language different from the target language.

1) It's an in-webpage button that appears after highlighting some text in a webpage (as you can see in post #1). I have Italian selected as "destinaton" language, but as you can see in post #1 it translates in chinese.

2) How to make that clickable button appears in every webpage after selecting some text?? (To me it only happened on github.com)

tnx

I think I found a solution to get this thing to work.

I'm using a portable version of maxthon 5.2.7.1000 so I will provide a solution which worked for me:

You need to find the current file in current path

MaxthonPortable5\UserData\Users\guest\Translate\OptionConfig.ini

and manually edit the section [TranslateInfo]. Add/Modify the parameter Slipper=1

[TranslateInfo]
Slipper=1

You will now get inpage button everywhere. If anyone knows how to set  "slipper=1" via gui in maxthon, please let me know :D

BUT it's not correctly working in any website:

Here it's missing the icon in button:

ea9dEdx.png

And here it's missing the translated text:

3v1hrA5.png

Any idea how to fix this??

tnx

16 hours ago, stifani said:

I have Italian selected as "destinaton" language, but as you can see in post #1 it translates in chinese.

3 hours ago, stifani said:

Here it's missing the icon in button:

3 hours ago, stifani said:

And here it's missing the translated text:

Hi stifani,

It would be great if you could provide the specific URLs.

13 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

Hi stifani,

It would be great if you could provide the specific URLs.

Hello,

here they are:

https://www.test-english.com/  (no icon)

https://www.w3.org/MarkUp/Test/xhtml-print/20050519/tests/A_2_1-BF-01.htm (empty box)

BUT it's not correctly working in any website:

Sorry, here I mean: "it's not correctly working in SOME website", because in many others it's working correctly

...  If anyone knows how to set  "slipper=1" via gui in maxthon, please let me know :D

Any suggestion here?

tnx

Hello, i've modified "page\translate\js\bootloader.js" inside "page.dat"

Now inpage button and translation it's working better, even on those website which had xhtml problem and z-index strange values.

I've uploaded https://www67.zippyshare.com/v/qi0fJAnM/file.html the modified page.dat, if you want to give it a try.

Just backup "page.dat" inside "Bin\" folder before replacing :D

tnx

thats interesting. few days ago I had to install clean maxthon and for me it appeared on every website and there was no possibility (or at leasy I didnt find one, but I think I would) to turn it off. now Ive installed latest beta and its gone.

On 3/26/2019 at 3:48 PM, stifani said:

hello,

In some webpages, actually to me it happened only in one, if I select some text, the translator button pops up and it will give the translation of the selected text which is a very nice feature to have (It reminds me that firefox plugin - simple translate).

The problem is:

1) why it works only in 1 specific web pages, and not in any other.

2) Is there a way to change the language result, since it always gives chinese

I know that I can use the toolbar button up-right to open the translator panel, but this feature of popup button is an extra-addon to maxthon which I think is very good and very fast if anyone need some translation on the fly. 

Here is the screenshot

2 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

I guess you hid it.

MaxthonSnap20190409151706.png

Tnx.

Im talking about this [A] which appears wherever you highlight any text on websites

EAGt9OO.png

• 1 month later...
On 4/9/2019 at 11:47 AM, cphx said:

it doesnt matter. for me it was okay, it translated to english. but i want this tool to be available in maxthon corner but not when I highlight any text

Hello,

Have you tried this ? But Instead try to set Slipper=0 to see if it works for you: it should disable popup translator button. Works in 5.2.7.1000. Restart maxthon after modifying OptionConfig.ini  :)

On 3/27/2019 at 0:51 AM, stifani said:

I think I found a solution to get this thing to work.

I'm using a portable version of maxthon 5.2.7.1000 so I will provide a solution which worked for me:

You need to find the current file in current path

MaxthonPortable5\UserData\Users\guest\Translate\OptionConfig.ini

and manually edit the section [TranslateInfo]. Add/Modify the parameter Slipper=1

[TranslateInfo]
Slipper=1

You will now get inpage button everywhere. If anyone knows how to set  "slipper=1" via gui in maxthon, please let me know :D

Archived