Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Coffeesurfers

Saved My Bacon (Citrix)

2 posts in this topic

After Apple upgraded the plugin security requirements in Safari 12, and as a result busted the Citrix plugin

In a nutshell even with the latest Citrix Receiver (workspace) client, you can't launch certain Citrix sessions in the native workspace client on Safari 12 / MacOS Mojave

As NPAPI support is also unavailable in other mainstream browsers, had no choice but to use Citrix in a browser tab via HTML5 (which doesn't work too well)

https://www.citrix.com/blogs/2018/08/03/npapi-support-is-being-removed-from-safari-12/

Basically I had to install High Sierra on my machines as a workaround for this and prevent automatic updates so the browser version was kept at 11

However today, I discovered Maxthon 5 for macOS... OMG...

...navigated to the Citrix site which only worked within Safari 11 which allows plugins and boom... it launched the Citrix Workspace app!!!!!! and within Mojave!

So stoked 

I am curious as to how this worked in Maxthon and not other browsers, but hey, that's another post discussion

5 hours ago, Coffeesurfers said:

I am curious as to how this worked in Maxthon and not other browsers, but hey, that's another post discussion

Surely and from my ignorance, it may be that Maxthon has a pretty old blink kernel, and can still be compatible with Citrix