Folder length very short maxnote

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/10/2019 at 5:15 AM, BugSir006 said:

It has been reported to the product team. But I think it won't be improved in a short time.

It should be considered a bug, because if markers are imported from other browsers, the text is cut to 30 characters.

I do not think the change is so complicated. Change a number?

8 hours ago, pantantrollo said:

It should be considered a bug, because if markers are imported from other browsers, the text is cut to 30 characters.

Let's wait and see if anyone else agrees with you on this.  If there are very few others who think this is a good idea, I really doubt they will do anything with it, at least not in the near future. Do any other browsers offer that length?

post3dmg4_zps398d3651.jpgWindows 10 64-bit build 10525/Windows 10 Mobile build 10512

25 minutes ago, No.1MaxthonFan said:

Do any other browsers offer that length?

Edge and Vivaldi for 2.

8 hours ago, pantantrollo said:

Agree. It's either an arbitrarily defined limit or an oversight. There's not really any reason why it should be limited to that.

15 hours ago, No.1MaxthonFan said:

Do any other browsers offer that length?

Same 4.9.x. If you come dragging the favorites from older versions like me.

If once the favorites are transferred to the 5.x series, you decide to export them and then import them, you lose the lengths in the folders of more than 30 that you had in maxthon 4.9.xxx

• 2 weeks later...

:Smiling_Face_Emoji_with_Blushed_Cheeks_42x42:

This is one of those minor quirks I've intended to post about ever since I switched to 5.x but keep forgetting about.  I like longer folder names and have had to fall back on some ugly (and sometimes hard to decipher!) abbreviations since bringing my Favorites over to MX5.  The shorter names gave me a good excuse to do some cleaning up, but there are many folders where I'd really like to be able to go back to longer names.

Archived