5.3.8.300 gone?

8 minutes ago, Kilmatar said:

Can't find 5.3.8.300 in news. Is this version gone?

well spotted - with the way this place lit up listing bugs and errors they must be seriously embarrassed with this version

they tell us they have a test team - if they have its not here as there has been nothing in the test area for months - whoever it is they are not doing their job

Tony     -  Vivaldi 4 on Windows 10 64Bit

Was never gone.

I just used my eyes, found it in the unpinned threads and pinned it. Was still in the release notes as well.

I've always been quite open about my thoughts of the browser and their processes, but seriously, the amount of conspiracy theories and constant digs on their "testing" is getting beyond ridiculous.

5 random users "testing" a release 1 day before official release a "test team" it does not make. But yes, whatever internal testing they did failed big time on this release - but it is a beta(!) and a new core!

22 minutes ago, 7twenty said:

Was never gone.

I just used my eyes, found it in the unpinned threads and pinned it. Was still in the release notes as well.

I've always been quite open about my thoughts of the browser and their processes, but seriously, the amount of conspiracy theories and constant digs on their "testing" is getting beyond ridiculous.

5 random users "testing" a release 1 day before official release a "test team" it does not make. But yes, whatever internal testing they did failed big time on this release - but it is a beta(!) and a new core!

it might not have gone for you but for us minions it had

its a bit like not posting in the release thread - i thought it was not allowed

6 hours ago, Tony said:

it might not have gone for you but for us minions it had

Logs say nothing happened. The only threads deleted or hidden were NOT related to any of the x.x.x.300 threads.

Think what you want, but nothing happened.

6 hours ago, rick.lane said:

Remember that it was first posted under the heading 5.2.8.300.

I have to wonder why it was not 5.3.1.300?  The new core justifies the 5.3, but NOTHING justifies 8; the build doesn't bother me.

As for "disappearing," not for me; I noticed it wadn't in 'place' when 5.2.7.1000 was posted, but saw it immediately farther down with compromised eyesight.

<<SL>>

35 minutes ago, SnowLeopard said:

I have to wonder why it was not 5.3.1.300?  The new core justifies the 5.3, but NOTHING justifies 8; the build doesn't bother me.

I brought all of this up when it was first posted but Tony told me it was "not a big deal". So, I just waited to see who else might find it interesting. All I ever wanted was an explanation from someone other than us users.

I only brought it up here because since it was originally posted in a thread titled 5.2.8.300 it might be why Kilmitar couldn't find it; that thread it appears has now been edited to be titled 5.3.8.300 and everyone can find it now.

1 hour ago, 7twenty said:

Logs say nothing happened. The only threads deleted or hidden were NOT related to any of the x.x.x.300 threads.

Think what you want, but nothing happened.

then the logs lie - a user reported it gone - i checked and posted that i agreed - thats fact - how it shows in the logs or elsewhere is wrong 

1 minute ago, Tony said:

then the logs lie - a user reported it gone - i checked and posted that i agreed - thats fact - how it shows in the logs or elsewhere is wrong 

Thanks for proving me right.

Originally I was going to post a screenshot of the log, but figured i'd be accused of editing it. But now apparently the logs don't "log". Well there you go. Maybe someone should let IPS know that their forum software (which is built on a database of logged entries) doesn't work properly.

Archived