Tony

First download of portable worked fine for me, but I find that the actual version number is 5.3.8.300, not 5.2.8.300, both in Help>About and hovering over the maxthon.exe in File Explorer, which made me wonder why a jump from 5.2 to 5.3 as well as jump from .7 to .8. Now it looks like it might be that a mistake was made rather than an intentional version number update from .2 to .3 with the update to .8 being because of the core change. The download files, both install and portable, also indicate 5.3.8.300 though title of the page is 5.2.8.300.

I also notice that the default user agent (using What's my user agent at https://www.whatsmyua.info/) has Maxthon as 5.3.8.300. 

"Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/69.0.3497.81 Safari/537.36 Maxthon/5.3.8.300".

Note also that the Chrome version is not up to date (72.0.3626.109 is the latest Chrome on my installation). However I am using the default Maxthon User Agent because I had problems with some sites when I used a custom User Agent with Chrome set to 71.0.3578.98 a few weeks ago.

1 hour ago, tblu said:

Hi guys,

can you switch core? I cannot use retro core any more in this version.

Bug confirmed.

1 hour ago, Tony said:

still corrupt for me and no comment on the stylish issue i reported

How is it now? We fixed it again.

Could you describe the stylish issue in detail?

1 hour ago, BugSir006 said:

Bug confirmed.

How is it now? We fixed it again.

Could you describe the stylish issue in detail?

download is now ok - thanks

stylish shows as an app the script is ok and showing for the site but it does not apply or change anything

Tony     -  Vivaldi 4 on Windows 10 64Bit

9 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

Thank you all for the feedback. It has been fixed now. :wink:

How about the version number discrepancy? Am I the only one that noticed it? Did no one read my post above? All the talk here is about a 5.2.8.300 version (that doesn't exist) when the actual version download file and the resulting Maxthon version is 5.3.8.300. What's up with that? Please acknowledge BugSir006.

31 minutes ago, rick.lane said:

How about the version number discrepancy? Am I the only one that noticed it? Did no one read my post above? All the talk here is about a 5.2.8.300 version (that doesn't exist) when the actual version download file and the resulting Maxthon version is 5.3.8.300. What's up with that?

You're right, rick, this is version 5.3.8.300

01.png

1 hour ago, rick.lane said:

How about the version number discrepancy? Am I the only one that noticed it? Did no one read my post above? All the talk here is about a 5.2.8.300 version (that doesn't exist) when the actual version download file and the resulting Maxthon version is 5.3.8.300. What's up with that? Please acknowledge BugSir006.

with respect Rick - whats in a number - if that was all we had to complain about it would be relevant but there are more important things not working that need fixing

it just seems bugsir had a finger problem when posting the thread - no big deal 

1 hour ago, Tony said:

with respect Rick - whats in a number - if that was all we had to complain about it would be relevant but there are more important things not working that need fixing

it just seems bugsir had a finger problem when posting the thread - no big deal 

Is it not a big deal because you didn't discover it? I don't think most of what you complain about are big deals either as I don't experience any of them, such as your complaint that the download file is corrupt, which I have never experienced, but I don't tell you that your concern is "no big deal" It's not that bugsir had a finger problem, it's that the version is miss numbered. Bugsir had it right in that the version should be numbered 5.2.8.300 as that is in line with all of the numbering over the last 15 years. If in fact it is going to a new series of 5.3 versions, then it should be 5.3.1 as this would be the first one in a new series. 

3 hours ago, rick.lane said:

¿No es un gran problema porque no lo descubriste? No creo que la mayor parte de lo que te quejas sea un gran acuerdo, ya que no experimenté ninguno de ellos, como tu queja de que el archivo de descarga está dañado, lo que nunca he experimentado, pero no te digo eso. su preocupación es "no es un gran problema" No es que Bugsir haya tenido un problema con los dedos, es que la versión está mal numerada. Bugsir tenía razón en que la versión debería estar numerada 5.2.8.300 ya que está en línea con toda la numeración de los últimos 15 años. Si de hecho va a una nueva serie de versiones 5.3, entonces debería ser 5.3.1 ya que esta sería la primera de una nueva serie. 

Without going into any controversy, I agree with @Tony, I think that the least is the numbering that you have. Having one number or another is not going to make it work better or worse.

I think it has been more a keyboard error than anything else (even so, with this version there is a big change of core, which is no small thing).

I wish all the errors were just changes in the numbering :)

Personally, I prefer things to be fixed and time is spent on them and they are wrong all they want in the numeracion.

1 hour ago, Magdalene said:

Original download of 5.3.8.300 portable was corrupt (20Mb only). Downloaded new versions of exe and portable; both are working but I occasionally have the problem mentioned here http://forum.maxthon.com/index.php?/topic/24127-new-tab-problem/.

I've been with this version all day, and it's very unstable.

With several open pages, in which there are videos and images, they end up freezing the browser.

The videos (when there are several) reproduce badly (they seem to have spasms) and the images load only half

10 hours ago, Magdalene said:

I haven't had the video problem but Tony was correct about Stylish (I just disabled and re-enabled it in settings/Functions and add ons/Add ons). Violent Monkey, Imagus and Viewhance extensions need the same treatment.

@Magdalene - thanks - i thought i had done all that but trying it again and stylish is now working - i still use an old version as the new one had never worked for me - will try the update and see if that now works

well that was short lived - a reboot and it stopped working 

On 2/22/2019 at 8:43 PM, Chantao said:

I changed again to the "mx5.2.7.1000-rc" because I have problems with the new engine to open Google Drive, that means I get the message "Server Error".

Hi Chantao,

Could you provide a screenshot of the Google Drive issue? It can be opened properly on my end.

QQ截图20190225152818.jpg

On 2/22/2019 at 5:52 AM, pantantrollo said:

With several open pages, in which there are videos and images, they end up freezing the browser.

Could you provide a short video of this issue? Did you enable any extensions?

On 2/22/2019 at 5:52 AM, pantantrollo said:

The videos (when there are several) reproduce badly (they seem to have spasms) and the images load only half

Could you provide the URL of this issue for me?

1 hour ago, BugSir006 said:

Hi Tony,

it can work properly in v5.2.7.1000?

yes its fine in 5.2.7.1000

i have now got it [sort of] working 

if i open the browser the stylish icon is in the sidebar - if i open it it tells me stylish is active and if i look at the scripts for a site they are there but if i open that site stylish is not applied

if i then go to extensions in settings stylish is shown as active - the box is ticked - if i untick it and close the browser then open the browser and again go to extentions in settings and tick stylish the styles are applied

if i close the browser and then reopen it styles are lost and the above has to be repeated

non of that was needed in 5.2.7.1000

Archived