last session opening

it_is_me

Hello maxthon community.

Can you help solve my problem? Each time I reopen my last session,great Maxthon browser put all my previous tabs from several windows in to one single window with all tabs.It is really annoying.I never seen feature like this with another browsers.

Is there any way arround this Maxthon speciality?

1 hour ago, pantantrollo said:

That happens for 2 reasons, when it closes unexpectedly maxthon, so you can recover what you were doing, or because in the configuration, general section, you have "last session" activated

Other browsers  (if configured),  open all last open tabs

snap_screen_20181126124658.png

And last session does not mean all opened tabs??? Why maxthon has to put all opened tabs from last time to one windows?It os ridiculos.If opera,firefox,chrome are able to open last session exactly how it was,with all opened tabs,is there way in Maxthon to do it?Otherwise it's unfortunately worhless browser for me.

9 hours ago, pantantrollo said:

Personally I like this method more than the one that other browsers have.

One of the reasons is that if you have many tabs open, the browser closes unexpectedly due to a particular tab, the other browsers will open all the tabs again, so you could enter a loop.

I don't know if we don't understand each other,so I'll try ti explain closer. I'm doing some research a I have open let's say 5 windows with 5 tabs each.I'm going to shut down PC or quit for day,so I can continue next day,where I left off.So I'll shut down Maxthon a with my 5 windows and 25 tabs.When I'll reopen Maxthom wow,look ma' it's magic )). Four windows are gone and I have 25 tabs mixed in one window.Now please explain to my,what is likeable on situation like this?I don't get it.

So my question is again: Is Maxthon able to reopen last session exactly how it was closed (same windows,same tabs),same way like other browser can do it or no???

6 hours ago, it_is_me said:

I don't know if we don't understand each other,so I'll try ti explain closer. I'm doing some research a I have open let's say 5 windows with 5 tabs each.I'm going to shut down PC or quit for day,so I can continue next day,where I left off.So I'll shut down Maxthon a with my 5 windows and 25 tabs.When I'll reopen Maxthom wow,look ma' it's magic )). Four windows are gone and I have 25 tabs mixed in one window.Now please explain to my,what is likeable on situation like this?I don't get it.

So my question is again: Is Maxthon able to reopen last session exactly how it was closed (same windows,same tabs),same way like other browser can do it or no???

I think not, just (as far as I know), I'll open the tabs of the last window open. It is dedir if you have 2 windows, and in a tien 10 tabs and in another 15, you restore only the tab of the last closed window.

I have been testing in google chrome, firefox, opera and vivaldi, and I have not been able to restore several windows as accounts, only one of them with the tabs that they had at the time.

2 hours ago, pantantrollo said:

I think not, just (as far as I know), I'll open the tabs of the last window open. It is dedir if you have 2 windows, and in a tien 10 tabs and in another 15, you restore only the tab of the last closed window.

I have been testing in google chrome, firefox, opera and vivaldi, and I have not been able to restore several windows as accounts, only one of them with the tabs that they had at the time.

Ok let's go again,even slower. I'm using several browser at the time for several purposes. e.g. thru opera I ran web app to concuct my bussines 5 windows 3-4 tabs each.Chrome for reaserches I need to do what I do for leaving.Several windows for the time with several tabs.Firefox for som general reading news, internet banking etc.Tor for some different tasks.

I don't like to close my browsers only if necessary

I wanted to use Maxthon for similar purposes and as my default browser,because eg I have blocked flash in my browsers,but sometimes you need it.So that's what would maxton will be and some other browsing,but when I shut Maxthon,I want to restore it in same condition.

When I want to shut down aby browser,I usually do it thru process explorer and when i'll open it,it always ask me,if I want to restore it and it'll restor itself.Works with chrome,opera,tor,firefox all windows and tabs. Only Maxthon will not restore windows.but all tabs in one windows. Got it???

Of course if I'll close eg chrome one window after another,next time it will open only last configuration.

So again my question.Is there way,or addon,so Maxthon could restore all windows with tabs from last session?

5 hours ago, it_is_me said:

Cuando quiero apagar un navegador, normalmente lo hago a través del explorador de procesos y cuando lo abro, siempre me pregunta si quiero restaurarlo y se restaura. Funciona con Chrome, Opera, Tor, Firefox todas las ventanas y pestañas. Solo Maxthon no restaurará windows.but todas las pestañas en una ventana. ¿¿¿Lo tengo???

You had to start from there, because that is the missing data, kill the browser process. It is true that (I just check it), opera and firefox, for example, they also restore the windows, and in each window their tabs and that Maxthon does not do it when the process is killed, with that you already have the answer, maxthon does not do it, and I do not know any extension that does it.

That said, is it normal to turn off the browsers killing the processes ?, I think the matoria of people do not work that way and that's why I've been fooled by the other browsers to do what you mentioned, but of course, we were missing the data to kill processes.

That is, with a normal closed, (of ALL windows), as seen in the image, other browsers do not do what you mention, ONLY in the case of killing browser processes

snap_screen_20181127230510.png

10 hours ago, pantantrollo said:

You had to start from there, because that is the missing data, kill the browser process. It is true that (I just check it), opera and firefox, for example, they also restore the windows, and in each window their tabs and that Maxthon does not do it when the process is killed, with that you already have the answer, maxthon does not do it, and I do not know any extension that does it.

That said, is it normal to turn off the browsers killing the processes ?, I think the matoria of people do not work that way and that's why I've been fooled by the other browsers to do what you mentioned, but of course, we were missing the data to kill processes.

That is, with a normal closed, (of ALL windows), as seen in the image, other browsers do not do what you mention, ONLY in the case of killing browser processes

snap_screen_20181127230510.png

Ok so now we understand each other the question still is,why Maxthon is unable restor itself to previous state like other browsers are after process killing?

Killing browser processes works.It works on all browsers but Maxthon,It's solutions for problem with opening last session and user needs.What is normal and what is not it;s only matter of perception.

Archived