Saving bookmarks bug!!

Atavus

Hi,

I have reported this nasty Maxnote issue many times and in several threads in the past.
I am really surprised that is has not been fixed for a very long time. It is still there in the latest version 5.2.5.4000 Official.

Basically, when I try to add a bookmark to Maxnote (by pressing Ctrl+D or the Maxnote icon) and click the drop-down menu to chose a location in my folders, the list becomes detached, and the save button disappears.

So, I cannot use the `Add to Favorites` function. This problem happens a lot, most of the time in fact, but occasionally it works fine!

I am forced to click on the Favorites star on the menu, navigate to the folder I want, and save the bookmark manually using "Add to this folder" option.

For further details and pictures, please check my last post on this, dating back to May 2018.

This issue does not happen every single time, but it does happen frequently. Here are the steps again, hopefully in a clearer manner.

- I open a website I want to bookmark.
- I press Ctrl+D or press the Add to Maxnote icon on the nav bar.
qHABztQ.jpg
- I click the drop down menu to Select a folder because I want to change the save location.
I get the folder list but it is detached.
- I try to click on any folder, but nothing happens and I cannot change the save location.
- As a result, there is no save button.
2MzCVMu.jpg

- This is how it is supposed to be:
UaRDHCE.jpg
igr9crQ.jpg
PS: I deleted folder names.

Whenever you reinstall a version you should uninstall the previous version cleanly: That means "also uninstall the user data"

If you do a completely clean install save your favourites as a HTML file first and import that into your new version of Maxthon. When you do a clean install as Chantao suggests you are deleting everything - Favorites, settings and extensions and will need to redo everything.

I am using the install version, not the portable one. I just have not used Passport login feature in a long time.

If I tried the clean install, does that also remove my saved passwords?
If yes, will logging into Passport allow me to import them after clean install?

I am not worried about my Favorites since I back them up periodically.
I am mostly concerned about the list of saved passwords :p

20 hours ago, Atavus said:

If I tried the clean install, does that also remove my saved passwords?
If yes, will logging into Passport allow me to import them after clean install?

Valuable files to save:

* (This for guest profile. If there are maxthon accounts, they will be on the same level as "guest" with a folder name as user of the maxthon account)

• For installable version of maxthon

Passkeeper
\% APPDATA% \ Maxthon5 \ Users \ guest \ MagicFill \ mxpwd.dat

Maxnote (better the whole folder)
\% APPDATA% \ Maxthon5 \ Users \ guest \ Molebox \

History (the whole folder)
\% APPDATA% \ Maxthon5 \ Users \ guest \ History \

QA
\% APPDATA% \ Maxthon5 \ Users \ guest \ QuickAccess \ QaConfig.dat

Backups (MagicFill and QuickAccess)
\% APPDATA% \ Maxthon5 \ Users \ guest \ Backups\

• For portable version of maxthon

Passkeeper
\ [Maxthon5_instalation] \ UserData \ Users \ guest \ MagicFill \ mxpwd.dat

Maxnote (better the whole folder)
\ [Maxthon5_instalation] \ UserData \ Users \ guest \ Molebox \

History (the whole folder)
\ [Maxthon5_instalation] \ UserData \ Users \ guest \ History \

QA
\ [Maxthon5_instalation] \ UserData \ Users \ guest \ QuickAccess \ QaConfig.dat

Backups (MagicFill and QuickAccess)
\ [Maxthon5_instalation] \ UserData \ Users \ guest \ Backups\

it would not be bad, that maxthon started to integrate some small program that could export these and other files of the configuration, (something that could be selectable)

Archived