wrong download location PDF

-ody-

2 hours ago, -ody- said:

hi

I had an issue downloading PDF files : "wrong download location"

Sorry I can't give you any link (tax  and bank online secured accounts) ; it happened on 2 different sites 

@Ody,Sorry, but I'm unable to confirm your observation.  However, I wonder if the sites permitted a straight download (bringing up Mx Download Manager, or if you had to open the PDFs in Mxx and then Save or Save as...?  The site I used did not permit direct download; I could only Save as.. the HTML page wth the link to the PDF or open the PDF and then save it.  I used Save as... and the location dialog (Win7) was pointing to the last used download location as expected.

That's what I've found.  

<<SL>>

2 hours ago, -ody- said:

hi

I had an issue downloading PDF files : "wrong download location"

Sorry I can't give you any link (tax  and bank online secured accounts) ; it happened on 2 different sites 

It happens to you with the last beta 5.2.6.500?
Then configure at least the first time some download folder (although then you deactivate it)

snap_screen_20181110111210.png

Hi, -ody-!

In 5.2.6.500 default download path is set to f:/maxthon/test/ and if have no F disk you will get the message about "wrong download location".

<div class="download-path" mx-object="download-path"><div class="path_name">$DownloadPathName$:</div><div class="path"> f:/maxthon/test/</div></div>

So, as @pantantrollo said, you need to configure this path first. 

17 hours ago, zork said:
20 hours ago, SnowLeopard said:

However, I wonder if the sites permitted a straight download (bringing up Mx Download Manager, or if you had to open the PDFs in Mxx and then Save or Save as...?  The site I used did not permit direct download; I could only Save as.. the HTML page wth the link to the PDF or open the PDF and then save it.  I used Save as... and the location dialog (Win7) was pointing to the last used download location as expected.

it looks like something similar but I could not even open the pdfs  : by clicking the pdf link  i immediately got this warning about wrong download location 

I figured out that the downloader was still running after all my previous downloads were finished. I had to close it manually several times before I got rid of it ( the option to continue after maxthon is closed is not ticked).

Looks like it's ok now. If it happens again I'll let you know.

sigmax2.png

12 hours ago, Simamtk said:

Error message: "Invalid download folder. Please choose again."

don't know who thought the issue was solved because it's not... by chance as an admin of this forum I was able to fix this mistake !

thank you, at least we are 2 now ! may it be related to the other download location issue ? 

sigmax2.png

I started a new thread but I guess a moderator thinks it is the same issue as this thread so they moved my post here.

My version is the latest  5.2.6.600

In my case, I can't download anything at all. Whatever I try to download, I got the same message: "Invalid download folder."

1 hour ago, Simamtk said:

In my case, I can't download anything at all. Whatever I try to download, I got the same message: "Invalid download folder."

Go to Download Settings and select download folder first. Download any file you like. After that you can uncheck Quick download location (if you need this)

Archived