One more word for about:blank as start page

At my house out of the city I'm using 4G Wi-Fi router.

4G signal retranslated as Wi-Fi. This is somehow slow solution (only 4MBit/s) but there are no fiber or xDSL here.

Continuous ping is good enough even for MMORPGs: ~100ms . But one of the drawback of this solution is slow startup. After some idle time 4G connection terminating session.

This leads to MX crash about 8 of 10 times I start MX. MX trying to connect to online startup page. Internet is not present. MX crashes. I start MX again and now it's OK because router already UP 4G session.

I really need something like about:blank startup page i.e. full offline

Bump!

BugSir, can you merge my post with any other post referring to the same problem and once again send to programmers info about such a situation?

If they do not want to make an about:blank homepage they need to implement deferred start page loading and make online start page loading bulletproofed

48 minutes ago, Kilmatar said:

Bump!

BugSir, can you merge my post with any other post referring to the same problem and once again send to programmers info about such a situation?

If they do not want to make an about:blank homepage they need to implement deferred start page loading and make online start page loading bulletproofed

Hi Kilmatar,

Regarding the new tab page loading issue, it has been reported to the dev team as a bug, will be fixed it as soon as possible.

Archived