Searching from address bar is very slow

I usually google things by pressing Ctrl+N to open a new tab and typing away. Since the address bar initially has the focus, I google from there. Using the search bar would require an additional mouse click. But I've noticed that Google often takes a second or three to respond. When I google from the search bar instead, or use Google's search bar while I'm already on Google.com, the results pop up instantly. Does anyone know why that is?

14 minutes ago, OddHominem said:

I usually google things by pressing Ctrl+N to open a new tab and typing away. Since the address bar initially has the focus, I google from there. Using the search bar would require an additional mouse click. But I've noticed that Google often takes a second or three to respond. When I google from the search bar instead, or use Google's search bar while I'm already on Google.com, the results pop up instantly. Does anyone know why that is?

I didn't notice this issue here, apart from some occasional and general network slow downs

sigmax2.png

On 11/3/2018 at 7:44 AM, -ody- said:
On 11/3/2018 at 7:27 AM, OddHominem said:

pressing Ctrl+N to open a new tab and typing away. Since the address bar initially has the focus, I google from there. Using the search bar would require an additional mouse click. But I've noticed that Google often takes a second or three to respond. When I google from the search bar instead, or use Google's search bar while I'm already on Google.com, the results pop up instantly. Does anyone know why that is?

I didn't notice this issue here, apart from some occasional and general network slow downs

I did though :( And I still do. I was waiting to see if someone else would reply, but apparently, I'm alone with this issue.
It also happens when I highlight a word and drag it in order to google it in a new tab, which is otherwise an extremely helpful Maxthon feature. Alas, it gives me the same seconds-long delay. I can open a new tab in the meantime, type the word in the search bar and hit enter, and this new search is completed before the first one. I have a very fast connection, so it's not that. And my search URL leads directly to Google.com without any search partners or other parameters that might slow down the search.

I also have delays when I open a new tab sometimes and when I open my settings. I assume that the thumbnails on the new tab page as well as my settings are somehow synced with Maxthon's servers, which would explain the delays. Is a search from the address bar also synced with other servers? Maybe to figure out if it's an URL or a search string?

2 hours ago, OddHominem said:

I did though :( And I still do. I was waiting to see if someone else would reply, but apparently, I'm alone with this issue.
It also happens when I highlight a word and drag it in order to google it in a new tab, which is otherwise an extremely helpful Maxthon feature. Alas, it gives me the same seconds-long delay. I can open a new tab in the meantime, type the word in the search bar and hit enter, and this new search is completed before the first one. I have a very fast connection, so it's not that. And my search URL leads directly to Google.com without any search partners or other parameters that might slow down the search.

To know if it is a configuration issue of maxthon, try to perform some test in a portable version and with clean installation

2 hours ago, OddHominem said:

I also have delays when I open a new tab sometimes and when I open my settings. I assume that the thumbnails on the new tab page as well as my settings are somehow synced with Maxthon's servers, which would explain the delays. Is a search from the address bar also synced with other servers? Maybe to figure out if it's an URL or a search string?

This topic is widely spoken and brought to the attention of the developers, although it is not seen by the work of "wanting" to fix it.

Archived