7twenty

Why no Block Third Party cookies option?

12 posts in this topic

After it was pointed out in another thread that Maxthon no longer has the option to Block third party cookies I thought i'd ask the question, why?

I don't think there's another browser out there that doesn't have that option. And MX4 had it available.

What's the story?

Posted (edited)

My guess is that it's a story without a happy ending. 

Edited by DaveMax

Money is the answer

data mining , cookies; a basic adblocker. Are you that blind

voodoo child

33 minutes ago, karajan said:

Money is the answer

data mining , cookies; a basic adblocker. Are you that blind

voodoo child

Thank you, Captain Obvious lol.

On 10/13/2018 at 7:34 AM, 7twenty said:

After it was pointed out in another thread that Maxthon no longer has the option to Block third party cookies I thought i'd ask the question, why?

I don't think there's another browser out there that doesn't have that option. And MX4 had it available.

What's the story?

Hi 7twenty,

Could you please send a screenshot of this option of Maxthon 4 to me? I will forward to the dev team.

59 minutes ago, BugSir006 said:

Hi 7twenty,

Could you please send a screenshot of this option of Maxthon 4 to me? I will forward to the dev team.

mx31B63.png

The cookie blocking option is still in MX5 at "Settings/ Privacy and Content/ Privacy"

MaxthonSnap20181015171006.png

5 hours ago, Magdalene said:

The cookie blocking option is still in MX5 at "Settings/ Privacy and Content/ Privacy"

Not for third party cookies only. Disabling the current setting means all cookies are disabled on all sites. This means options like stay logged in, site modifications (colour schemes or layout), location details etc. are lost when closing the page.

9 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

MaxthonSnap20181016090142.png

Thank you all for your replies. It has been forwarded to the product team, and they will consider seriously.

So, updates?

As mentioned above, it's a feature that EVERY other browser has, and one of the simplest means of protecting a users privacy.

1 hour ago, 7twenty said:

So, updates?

As mentioned above, it's a feature that EVERY other browser has, and one of the simplest means of protecting a users privacy.

Hi 7twenty,

This feature will be added to Maxthon 5 future version.